Why do Subarus suck so bad? I like that they're the only company that makes decent looking wagon style cars...

Why do Subarus suck so bad? I like that they're the only company that makes decent looking wagon style cars, and that they have good AWD, but god damn are they cucked. They have severely power lacking engines with fucking CVT's.

What's a better car to get than these hunks of hipster shit that can handle rocky paths and snowy conditions?

Other urls found in this thread:

lpaventure.com/collections/xv-crosstrek-2013-2016/products/lp-aventure-1-5-lift-kit-subaru-xv-crosstrek
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Underpowered CVT cars are for cucked mass consumers. They have plenty of turbo manual options if you were that way inclined.

Only in things like the WRX which is not what I'm looking for. I need a decent level of utility, as I'm not a sedan driving mass consumer cuck, yet also not a truck cuck who wastes gas money to haul air around town.

Get a '04-'07 WRX wagon if you want utility and power. Fuel economy is 12L/100km, which is fine. You get what you pay for.

Why don't you figure it out yourself instead of posting (another) stupid ass thread

>'04-'07
>hatchback sedan """wagon"""
I'm not poor user and I don't like people thinking I'm some raggity career dish washer boy.

You wanted a Subaru with power and utility. I listed one. If you didn't want actual advice you should have stayed on Jalopnik where you belong.

If you don't like the WRX there's the 2005-09 Legacy GT/Outback XT wagon. 250hp EJ255 with an available manuél straight out of the 06 WRX.

That's not utility. What do you think I mean, being able to fit your fat friends in the back seats?

The wheel wells are too small and I don't think there are lift kits available to deal with that horrid ground clearance. You seem like a Californian that hasn't actually seen bad weather or ungrated trails.

>I don't think there are lift kits available to deal with that horrid ground clearance
What is an Outback Sport? At least don't talk shit out of your ass.

Forester struts bolt right on. Subarus are some of the most popular rally cars, why would there not be lift kits?

That thing can't cut it bro. I don't want to be like the goddamn tourists that come here and get stuck driving on an already plowed road.

I'll just stick with my damn RAV4. For example even that thing scrapes and gets stuck if it's icy enough.

Because he is retarded.

It's a farm vehicle in rural New Zealand. It spends more time off road than your car spends on them, and has never failed a task.

Another idiotic yank talking out of his arse about what a car he's never driven is capable of.

Do you think that the XV/Croostrek is anything more than an Outback Sport? They just decided that it will be better for sales to spin it off as another model.

The guy at the dealership literally said there's not kits for the Crosstrek. Haven't found any online either. Forester and outback sure.

Grated paths are not "off road." That's a road, just unpaved.

>raggity career dish washer boy
Nobody with that shit of a job can afford a WRX, let alone an STi. Their prices are so overinflated it's depressing.

The guy at the dealership doesn't know what he's talking about. It took me 5 seconds to Google this.
lpaventure.com/collections/xv-crosstrek-2013-2016/products/lp-aventure-1-5-lift-kit-subaru-xv-crosstrek

No, the picture is not off-roading. The picture was taken on the road into town. A bit different to your freeways, huh?

>outback

Its just a lifted Impreza with their SUV exterior trim and roof racks.

No shit, so is a Crosstrek.

It's a bit longer than the impreza no?

You mean a legacy.

Just wait for the Toyota FTAC. It's supposed to be a more rugged rav4.

You get one that has a turbo and a non-CVT transmission. My '05 wagon does fine since it has real gears.

Outback - lifted Legacy
Outback Sport - Lifted Impreza as this is the quoted post, that mentions it

Or the FT4X which is a tactical Kia soul.

A truck

>severely power lacking and CVTs
>hunks of hipster shit
Well how do you expect an AWD economy car to achieve similar fuel economy figures to the Corolla, Focus, Mazda 3, etc? Speaking in terms of my 2018 Impreza, the handling is good, steering feels good, stock suspension and ride both on pavement and dirt roads are better than any comparable class car, fuel economy is 28/38 mpg, and power is just about the same compared to others in the same class. I live at just over 5000 ft elevation so I feel the reduction in power due to the altitude, and unless I want to be a huge cocksucker and floor it everywhere I go the 2L 152hp Boxer is plenty. It’s really a pretty good car

I want a new car, not someone's used piece of shit that's 10+ years old.

>I want a new car
There's your problem, most new cars are shit.

But user, new cars are shit.

>Fuel economy is 12L/100km, which is fine.

That's not fine lol. That's nearly what a 350hp V8 gets in a truck. Gee and they wonder why they get their ass kicked by truck sales.

Newsflash, turbos and awd hurt fuel economy

Forgot pic

Who cares, unless you're poor?

Nigga wot?

That mileage is fine... In a truck but not a 220hp 4banger. It's not worth it when you can just drive a truck.

>They have plenty of turbo manual options
I just want a fucking Forester Turbo manual but all the ricers are buying them up en masse

Have you considered there might be people who don't like trucks and want car handling?

Roads literally aren't wide enough for your truck, they take up more than the lane so oncoming traffic has to pull over.

>live at just over 5000 ft elevation so I feel the reduction in power due to the altitude

Wtf, this is a thing? I'm at over 7000ft. No wonder they're so horrible.

It gets better! That rear panel is removable to reveal a long vertical glass panel. The hatch is also mostly glass.

Just think, when you crash your car shatters and you get a new car!

Yes, brainlet, physics are a thing.

>3600lb understeering mess
>car handling

> they take up more than the lane so oncoming traffic has to pull over.

And that's a problem?

It's also literally why turbos were invented so fighter planes could be competitive higher up in the air in WWII.
Ask me how I know you haven't driven one.

is that supposed to be a joke? If not I hereby forbid Toyota fags in this thread. Let's not suffer it any longer..

>05 WRX
>3600 lbs

Yes, on normally aspirated (non-turbo/supercharged) reciprocating engines, the power available reduces as altitude increases. Air becomes less dense the higher in altitude you go, and less dense air means less air for combustion, ergo less power available. The effect is amplified with an increase in temperature too. Forced air induction will allow the engine to maintain sea level performance (until a point, but that is more relevant to aircraft than cars).

It's a concept, it's supposed to be wild. Most the features won't make it to the production model because they're dumb or not cost effective.

But yeah rav4 sales were decent but dying down so they're coming out with new SUVs soon.

>Understeer
No. It's well balanced.
It's a problem when most of the time there's no shoulder to pull over on, so you could end up having a head on collision, yes.
Tons of them here. They're fun, and usually green.

>I want to go off-roading but I refuse to drive a truck. I need my "car handling" on the trail so I don't bruise my pussy. Waaahhh

So I need a turbo to be efficient and powerful at altitude... What options do I have, because I don't see any Subarus other than the WRX that have them and that's going to get its oil pan torn off off-road.

Duramax Colorado.

Do you plan on flying in your car?

No I live at over 7k feet altitude which is why all their standard engines seem so cucked.

I refuse to drive a truck. I don't see the point due to my having an above average size penis.

>They have severely power lacking engines
Literally what? Subaru's current 2.5 boxer produces ~175hp stock. You show me an NA 4 cylinder in a daily driver that beats that.

E30 Alpina Wagon is best wagon, and I'm a complete JDM Fuckhead.

I mean just look at how the hood opens, that's like pop up headlights cool!

These are great, on windy days, when you feel the need to have a large heavy object fall on you while sticking your head in the engine bay.

Is that the WRX one? I'm liking the new ones but do they make an automatic?

No? A WRX uses a 2.0, an STI uses a 2.5, and nearly all of Subaru's models have an option between the 2 and 2.5.

Subaru Forester XT. 250hp turbo four.

The Subaru Ascent coming out later this year will have a turbo 4

Is that available in the US? Their site isn't working on mobile.

According to the sales guy a redesigned Forester is coming out 2019, maybe that'll look less gay.

That seems to be their new soccer mom offering. Too big for my tastes, I'd get a 4runner if I wanted a school bus.

It is. Starts at just under 30k.

Man that thing must be a pig on the highway.

>Can we push the limits of science and create a car uglier than the fj cruiser?

CX-9 is a twin turbo 4 pot.

CX-5 diesels soon. 2.5l skyacvtiv is high compression, the in development 2019 HCCI engines will include a supercharger.

I wouldn’t know. Probably does better than my pickup though.
The idea of a quick crossover is kinda neat though.

>CX-5 diesels
Never thought I'd own a Mazda but I'm a sucker for diesels.

The actual production car probably won't be so ugly, probably... but then again you bring up a good point with the uber ugly fj cruiser..

>The idea of a quick crossover is kinda neat though.
This, but most crossovers aren't actually any more capable than a regular awd car. That's why I like wagons and the like, they don't look too out of place if you lift them and put rugged tires on. Now I just have to find an uncucked wagon but that's proving difficult.

>Now I just have to find an uncucked wagon but that's proving difficult.
Golf sportwagen awd/alltrack?
You’re starting to give me wagon fever btw.

Fuck yes, definitely looks good and has decent power. But I don't know much about VWs though, from what I hear they aren't that reliable.

I will forever be waiting for this glorious trim package.

The 1.8T engine in it is time tested. I’d probably take it to the dealership for maintenance but I know a guy who rebuilt his engine in his own garage if that’s more your speed. Also the awd is haldex so it’s gonna last too.

What's wrong with cvt? I actually drive my parents' 14 Forester, it's not bad except for being boring

You ain't driving that right then. Got to take it up some mountains some time.

>12L/100
I average that in my modified XR6 Turbo that weighs a lot more than a WRX and is putting down a hell of a lot more power

and it isn't awd. fuck off.

>wanting awd lifted wagon
>not getting Outback
what the fuck is wrong with you. You must be trolling at this point.

The 1.8t is very reliable . Had one in my 2015 Jetta and had it APR tuned to 242 hp, 293 ft/lbs.

You can get a tune for that all track that’ll make it quick.

Course, the forester XT is a thing as well.

Honestly, the forester XT sounds just like what you need,

AWD is retarded if you're driving on the road, just get a RWD car and have fun with it

It's not tactical. What if I get into some sketchy shit? How will I peel outa there in some slow ass granny-mobile? I also can't do manual because that's adding more unnecessary divided attention and requires my gun hand. They also added a feature that doesn't let you crash even if it's intentional. That's bullshit, if I have to use my car as a weapon I should be able to.

It's a piece of shit dude. They look good and have good specs but go drive one. It's a golf cart that makes fart noises.

Gonna test drive the Forester XT and some of the VWs. I don't know why the salesman didn't recommend the XT when I was flooring that fart cart and telling him what a piece of shit his product was.

AWD grips better, superior stability too

I already stated that our WRX is a farm vehicle. It spends 80% of its time on dirt roads, or off roads completely. The AWD comes in handy when you're crossing streams, going up and down gullies, carrying equipment and dogs in the back.

Post more pics of this "farm vehicle" that can allegedly ford rivers and rock crawl. That ground clearance looks to be about 5 American measuring units in length.

>grips better
But no hektik skids

Never heard of anyone using a WRX as a farm vehicle, I grew up on a farm and all our farm vehicles were Hiluxes and quads

the only way to achieve more grip is to use wider tires and a more square track width to wheelbase ratio. "AWD grip" is a meme.

i had a forester stb which was essentially everything you're looking for. 240 hp out of an ej205, enough clearance to climb up mountains, and it was somewhat fuel efficent(premium fuel though, bit pricey after awhile.) somebody rear ended me awhile ago though so those days are gone :(

>AWD grip is a meme
What do you base this on? What AWD have you driven?

>Never heard of anyone using a WRX as a farm vehicle, I grew up on a farm and all our farm vehicles were Hiluxes and quads

This, although my uncle once bought a used liberty (cheap) for his farm on the NE coast of nsw as a paddock basher, fucker lasted all of three months kek.

Depends on weight of the car and overall engine size. I have a CVT Lancer 2.4l 170hp and for daily driving it's got reasonable power and maintains good fuel economy, averaging 28-32 mpg in city driving and around 40+ mpg highway. CVT's work well if you want a good runaround car, though obviously weight and engine size play a role. A family friend came over to visit and rented an ASX that had a 1.8l engine and the CVT and it was noticeably slower than my lancer, despite having the same transmission type and car weight basically. Anything over 2L with a CVT seems to cope well but for smaller engines it'll certainly struggle despite the whole peak-torque nature.

Get a wrx wagon

grip limits are based on contact points between road and car, not driven wheels. you're thinking of traction while accelerating, not grip.

Both traction *stability* and grip. The power distributed helps minimize understeer and oversteer while you have to deal with oversteer more so

But the new ones look gay and they're manual.

What you need to do is just get a VW golf and take it where no other golf has gone.

levorg you dummy

I'm not a eurocuck, not available in Freedomland.