/palg/ - Paladins General

cancer removal edition

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>OP Text (Needs updating!)
pastebin.com/6rn1s422

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB57)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?53313-Open-Beta-57-Patch-Notes-August-23rd-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Counter Guides
paladinscounter.com/

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Reveal Trailer (Strix):
youtube.com/watch?v=QAxD1twlnHk

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB57 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?53315-OB57-PTS-Bug-reporting

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/1/1a/Flak_Skin01_VGS_Emote_W.ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to live a long and fulfilling life at Fernando's side!

>buy cassie's demon hunter skin because its on sale
>am absolutely shit at cassie
>cant land a shot after dodge rolling
>her attacks are slow so I cant spray and pray

Is she a high skill level champ? I should have taken kitty cat, at least that one looks cute and doesnt make me feel like shit as I play

>clean thread
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/1/1a/Flak_Skin01_VGS_Emote_W.ogg

>tfw random GM joins a diamond/platinum game
>tfw it's Kronicx from Kanga
>tfw he gets Cassie (Mastery level 16)
>tfw thank the fucking lord he was on your team

POTG was him 1v3ing the enemy team at full health, and that was super exciting to watch too.

Ain't Haydz a pro too?

Maeve is a high skill champ too, but unlike Cassie her kit isn't good, so she's even more pointless to play if you aren't good.

If you're garbage at videogames but still want to contribute, play a tank. That's literally why they exist.

She's hard to master but remember that if you learn how to play her right, she's one of the most letal damage champions out there, if not the best one.

Remember /palag/ every time you're feeling bad or down, just think "what would grover do?"

How do we unfuck Maeve, lads? She can either shitstomp or be useless as is right now.

I'm open to suggestions gentlemen.

tree puns do not help with my depression

Remove.

Throwing axes at people seems like it might cause more problems

I'd add another skill like pounce that does helps her line up her shots

>implying most games aren't lost by having shitty frontlines or healers

make her projectiles fire simulatenously and be overall less shitty
her LMB is so unecessarily awkward and retarded

Remember, whenever you feel suicidal, tell yourself 'i will not die, not yet amigo'.
End of PSA.

That only works for like 15 seconds though

Yeah he is

then just post "GLORY TO FERNANDO"

For most frontlines and healers, if someone does badly as them, it's safe to assume that they're effectively braindead and subhuman.
Ash, Fernando, Barik, Torvald. None of these require aim, you literally just hold m1 in the general direction of the enemy to deal damage. Same can be said for most healers, they can just press a button and they're doing their job.
It's true that they still have some distance between their skill floor and skill ceiling, but since the floor is so insanely low, there's no reason not to pick them if you can't aim.

I do fine with those except Barik, I don't understand how you're supposed to deal damage with him

>buy Fernando body pillow
>hug it tight
>i will not cry, not yet amigo
>cry anyway

>what is mal'damba?

Buy morale boost.
Spam that shit.
GLORY TO FERNANDO

i just realised that this game and sims use the same artstyle meaning that my cute trap vampire wouldnt look out of place at all

Make a loadout that buffs turrets, pick architectonics, dance around the point

Like I said, literally just look in the general direction of the enemy and fire, and don't forget to place turrets whenever they're off cooldown. It may not feel like you're doing a lot of damage, but the damage you are doing is constant and makes a difference, especially if you're hitting another frontline with huge hitboxes so more of your pellets hit them. Buy caut too, so you can just keep applying it nonstop to everyone around you.
If your aim is particularly good, you can take tinkerin and do even more damage, but the turret legendary is great too especially against squishy high-mobility teams.

Notice how I said "most healers" instead of "all healers", damba is the exception and my favorite healer as a result.

Fernando body pillows are 10/10 idea, but we also need real plushie Makoa, plushie BK bombs,
and BK bath bombs that smell like carnage.

Cool story, bronze shitter, but with Barik you need a really good aim with tinkering, better than one required for Cassie. Nando require a really good positioning and aim to hit multiperson fireballs most of the time and ash overall require you hitting direct hits all the time while holding lmb 24/7 to be worth picking. Torv is literally trash character so he's not worth picking at all no matter how braindead he is.

>I never played healer or support and don't know how to play them on higher elo
Sad!

And onaholes for all the girls for scientific reasons and definitely not sexual ones

>the iq of tank main
Laughable

Literally all my team has to do is stay alive till I win the 1v1 then I can snowball to victory

I'm not a bronze shitter like you so I don't "main" anything.

I think you're both missing the point. I'm arguing that their skill floor is low, not their ceiling. It's true that you can be a better frontline with more skill and experience, but if you're a shitter it's much easier to contribute as a tank.

>hitting a direct hit with ash require skill
Whatever help you sleep at night, buddy.

Because viktor, tyra and the other 99 flank and damage champions who only shoot shoot shoot shoot the whole match are much more complex to play, right?

I am a literal god.

I can play any role except Flankers. Can I get Flanker tips? For example do I ignore Frontlines and focus on enemy Damage?

They are, yes.
If you just walk into the fight like a retard as a damage or flank you'll get destroyed and are just feeding the enemy free credits.
If you do it as a tank you can at least sit on the point a bit and deal some damage before you die, and if you're playing a healer you have no reason to even do it because you can just sit back and press your designated healing button.

you're a good rock mom

>doesupz
Wew lad, nice job.

Not any easier than other projectile weapons? you dumb shitter, and you need to do it consistently. Damage difference between good ash and trash one can be of 3 or 4 times.

Oh shit, that whole time I thought CoreLian was playing Lian so I was focusing her.
Turns out it was just some shitter and he was on Jenos, whoops.
Thank god for that, we really would've lost if that were the case.

>find backline's weakspot
>able to dance around with your mobilty and still hit shots
>go in, kill, go out
>poke when you can't do anything

Use your turrets (use them well, don't leave them open unless its intentional to create pressure, if you think it'll die instantly, don't place it there, out of direct line of sight is very sneaky and will get you more kills then you'd expect.), buff them up, use Tinkerin if you can aim and use Architechtonics until you can't. Focus on staying alive and being as annoying as possible. Barik is probably the most consistent champion in the game. You can carry in low skill games and create a lot of pressure for your team in high skill games. Tinkerin can pretty much win your fights if you can get two shots off on a low HP cap champion. Pretty much never a bad pick.

Really just play him a lot,

>fast
>huge hit box
>kit made for close/mid range combat
And it even detonates for you ffs, tank main everyone.

I'd rather have tank mains in my games tbqh. Most damage and flank mains are braindead.

Does wrecker and caut apply to Barik's turrets as well?

Most tank mains are braindead too, you just don't notice because even braindead players can do well as tanks

How to fix Zhin:
>Remove the delay after his counter ends before he can activate another skill or attack
>Make whirl aimable into the air like Maeve's pounce

No

How to fix Zhin:
>remove him from the game
>permaban anyone who played him for more than 10 matches

You don't seem to understand what DIRECT HIT means, bronze piece of shit.

My heart belongs to her. I want to make her happy for the rest of my days, I want to see that beautiful smile as much as I can. She is simply perfect.

>be me
>first pick fernando
>second player picks ruckus
>okay, every good
>third player picks viktor
>uhm okay?
>fourth player pick androxus
>ehhhh
>fifth player picks skyle
>we lost 4-0
>during the match fourth and fifth player won't stop complaining that it's my fault that we lose because me and ruckus weren't trying to capture
>this was on competitive
>diamond 2 competitive levels

Are all flank players fucking mentally challenged or what?

What the problem with Zhin? He's actually one of the few flanks that are actually useful in the game.

>he doesn't like angry whirly man of invincibility

get a load of this chap

I really hope they buff Ying soon, so many shitters play her
There's no easier way to lose a match than by picking Ying when the enemy team has an actual support hero
The difference in power levels between the top 3 supports and the bottom 3 supports is absolutely disgusting

IT'S A 8 GAMES LOSING STREAK NOW LADS HAHA

Counter Zhin is by far the biggest cancer in the game. A good Zhin player is literal hell to play against, if you shoot him he uses one of the two abilities that makes him invincible, if you ignore him he comes back 5 seconds later to kill you.

Why the fuck is Evie allowed to shoot and move before the duration of iceblock runs out (like a split second before) but if you shoot her while she's getting out she's still immune

>Ying can now place Illusions through walls
Did I fix Ying?

How about some real argument instead of projecting for once.

Take a break.

>pick frontline
>last pick doesn't pick support but instead Andro
>uhhh user why didn't you pick a healer?
>you won't need a healer if the enemy is already dead
>goes 4-17

You forgot one important problem
her healing output and smart application is hilariously bad
She could be literally invincible and place clones across the map and she'd still be terrible

Just don't shoot at him and chase him while he us on cd.

>dude just do exactly what Zhin wants you to do do while his team takes the point

Move out of latam you masochist bastard.

Who here also Strix pistol only?

Fair enough, I think the problem lies within Lifelike being absolute shit. They need to redesign that card badly.

>wait out the counter and don't shoot him
>he hits you a couple times then uses billow to run away with movespeed bonus
>if you still manage to chase him he can just hit you a few more times, use whirl to make himself harder to hit, etc
>by the time you manage to get his health low, counter will be off cooldown
>repeat

Not to mention that, while this all happens, he's keeping you (and possibly more players) busy while his team either kills you or just takes the point.

>it's another plat and goldshitters get matched against diamond and mastercucks episode

>"I can get us out of here alive. Stay close and follow my lead."

Does it seem like inara can counter fernando really well?
Or is it just me?

IT'S 9 NOW HEHE

It's just you
No single champ counters fernando

>server shit itself and 3 of the enemy team are bots
Running max LCK is the only way to win at life.

I wish it was on latin american servers...

ying's ass can counter fernando pretty well

*spin behind u
*hook u out of shield
Psssh nothing personnel kid

drogoz counters him in everything but the ult

*turns immediately around*
*blocks hook*
heh.....

Now that I think about it, fernandos lance and fireballs dont do enough damage to kill her quickly enough
With the wardens field legendary fernando is fucked and is forced to sheild once inside it

>play casual payload
>whole team is unranked players
>enemy team is 4 gold 1 silver
>win 100%/35%
So this is the power... of competitive players... woah...

>who here can't aim for shit
Sorry bro but I'd rather shoot somebody for 1.4-2k first and then switch to pistol.

I got around 120k healing in a ~17 minute game recently. Her healing isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it's definitely not as strong as the top supports.
I should note my team had a Flanknando and Barik that I babysat, and it was on Ice Mines. I didn't check if they took rejuvenate though.
The problem with buffing her healing is an inevitable power creep among supports. I don't know if I'd rather have that, or the best supports getting their healing adjusted down.
The one thing I don't understand is what Raynday said about Ying not getting more heals because her playstyle is simple so her healing is proportional to that, but then introduce Jenos, who can heal through walls, go sanic speed on a whim, do decent damage and just put his mark on people and forget. It's essentially the same "put down and it does the work for you" philosophy but Jenos has better numbers and wallhacks just because. And don't even make me talk about void grip on top of it.

I mean... sometimes I use the sniper to get extra pistol damage if that helps

This so much, I guess he isn't a problem if you have a well coordinated team, but that isn't a realistic expectaition outside of a pro match, he is very anti-fun.

>pick ruckus
>jump over fernando shield and headshot him in the aire
>you can even land on his head and keep shooting
>buy wreker
>you don't even need to jump over him anymore

>hirez thought giving a stealth sniper 1300 DPS is ok
And his pistol is great too.

>using crack shot legendary ever
are you sub2k?

>*shoulders bash into precipice*
What did she mean by this?

>he doesn't use only pistol cards on Strix
I'm unranked btw
I mainly do it for the meme value, the same reason I mainly play Buck

>new hero is obnoxious
classic Hirez, he'll be okay in 1-2 patches

I used to play buck all the time, then I tried bk for a change and I realized just how weak he is, he still is fun af though.

Bruh, he's got 2000 health. He's got shit mobility, shit range, middling damage, and there's an animation delay in Billow. You can literally just blow him up if your team is watching for him.

Counter? Don't shoot him. Congrats he has no self-healing. Smolder? Congrats, blow him up twice instead of just once. Andro and Evie are both far harder to kill than he is.

The reason he's so shit is that his skill floor and skill ceiling are like 1 inch apart. His fire animations take years, all of his abilities lock you into them, and his mobility is shit - which means you can't react properly to anything. You're locked into easily predictable patterns, and there's no way around it. The only way you're pulling a sick play with him is if the enemy team reacts extremely slowly, constantly walks off on their own, and always stays on ground level.

Maybe this was just to get people to stop complaining about Zhin and Lian