What happened to Mitsubishi? They used to make great stuff

What happened to Mitsubishi? They used to make great stuff

Not really.

They made less than a handful of pretty cool but not the most reliable cars.

I wandered the same.
Does anybody knows what's going on?

>wandered

They quit making the Lancer Evo, so the numale rolling vapebox WRX won as the supreme AWD street boogeyman. A bunch of pigfat FWD crossovers, a bargain basement econohatch (Mirage) and NO pickup truck anymore is what's fucking them up.

In the States they only sell one model anymore. Can't imagine them turning that around.

>dat new Eclipse Cross thingy
eew

It's really not worth it for them to try and hang in the already crowded US market.
They make decent money selling shitboxes, commercial vehicles and cheap off roaders in countries where crash safety and emissions standards don't cut into your profit margins as much.

Tell me about it, Burger reporting in here. They seem to be staying alive on fleet/rental/brokefag sales of the new Mirage hatch. DESU I respect Mitsubishi for being real enough to sell a base econocar without trying to upscale it with 18 airbags, Bluetooth and backup cameras like every other car brand out there. There should always be a bare bones no-frills car out there for people that want one I say.

>

They used to do pretty good selling us Evos and cube trucks and Monteros and Eclipses, user

Bad reputation even though Lan Evos were hot shit, when sporty cars as a selling point started failing they couldn't fall back on other cars like Subaru and fell twice as hard before they started making crossovers. rn the well is dried up until enough staceymobiles are sold to get a sporty car back on the market, Subaru still has the WRX because they still have their name

>only one model
What? They have the Outlander, Outlander Sport, Mirage, Mirage G4, Eclipse Cross, and the Lancer.

It's just not as profitable for them to try and hang on to their small market share in the US.
It's not the 90s anymore, the market has changed and they can make better money elsewhere.

Honestly, I can't imagine it wouldn't be that hard for Mazda or Mitsubishi to bring a non pigfat mid sized/compact body on frame pickup to North America. My dream would be maybe just a tad wider than the previous generation Ranger and Colorados (just enough to give it side curtain airbags and a 40/20/40 bench). Power it with a single engine option, probably an I4 or I5 naturally aspirated, non-direct injected gasoline engine. Five or six speed manual transmission with some autotragic as an option. Manual roll down windows, and a non-touch screen radio headunit. Offer it in regular cab with 6.5' bed or an extra cab with a 5' bed to keep a single frame length. Also with boxynexterior design.

Holy shit it is just one car

Changing the Evo from the 4G63T to the 4B11T and then not making anymore.

The Chicken Tax is still in effect and makes it hard to import light commercial vehicles and Mitsu doesn't have a production facility in the U.S.
Mazda could theoretically do it but honestly the demand is not high enough to make it worth the effort.

>Lancer Evo
>Hardcore rally car for thrusting young men
>Thrusting young men don't have $35,000 to spend on a car
>Primary competitor is nearly $10k cheaper
Gee, it sure is a mystery why they don't sell Evos anymore. I just can't figure it out.

>Evolution discontinued with no remorse
How could one company abandon it's legacy like that?

It was also bad management, there was a massive difference between a regular lancer and a evolution, the ralliart lancer was a pathetic attempt of a in between trim.

Veeky Forums really has absolutely no idea how business works.

shit like this literally makes me want to commit suicide
why can't we go back to 80s and 90s car aesthetic

kekd

Reliability problems, and terrible interiors, so people stopped buying them.

Well they have fallen behind.
The Japanese manufacturers (Even Toyota/Honda) have been making losses for over a decade.
Mitsu's strat was to merge with Renault/Nissan to form the Renault-Nissan/Mitsubishi Alliance.

The rest of the company want to transit back to more profitable sectors like IT, infrastructure and appliances

The reality is that Mitsubishi never had a large market share in the US to begin with. They've always been a third-tier badge that had one or two party pieces in their line up.
Now Suzuki is straight up gone, pulled out of the market.
Mitsubishi has about the same share they've always had, they just don't have a model to put on the plinth right now.

Un-ironicly this^

See a therapist.

the shape of the car is ridiculous but it's the fucking wheels that get me every time

Mitsubishi is a fuckmassive company that will cull any unsuccessful part of its endless holdings without remorse. Removing their cars from the US market was smalltime shit.

4 Crossovers and 2 econoboxes

Why does this remind me of Lexus?

Overly aggressive design for an otherwise mediocre car.

They got fucked over pretty bad in the 2008 global financial crisis, they also made pretty crappy cars to begin with which doesn't help.

they make stationary and appliances now.
They make a god tier mechanical pencil at least.

Its like chopping your own balls off.
They made some cool cars in the past, but its over now. No more fun

They became a national car of Indonesia

>xpand dong

This.

Mitsubishi is in the business of selling cars and making profit, the Evo is not profitable. Staceymobiles are what sells in America. The SUV and crossover is king here, deal with it.

If I were them I would have done the same thing, the Evo was a car marketed to people who barely had enough money for rent and it flopped because of it.

Is this the thread for mitsu posting?

Is that the shopped version

Did you see that fanfic about the light truck?

woman CEO

>Staceymobile

damn does this nigga really think that is a term worth usi- oh, shit... tripfag

You never know these days

Guess how many Evos we had in the States? Only the VIII gave them a real presence, the Eclipse and 3000GT were never the money makers. Their fleet was even being crushed by Mazda or Volvo.

Also they badge engineered for Chrysler. CHRYSLER!!

The 3000gt is the only reason why I searched up a mitsu thread