Are Z3's relatively reliable? I'm a poorfag looking at one with 149k miles for $2500, should I look away?

Are Z3's relatively reliable? I'm a poorfag looking at one with 149k miles for $2500, should I look away?

Other urls found in this thread:

finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=109932040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're pretty reliable, get a 6 and you'll have one with one of the best motors ever produced.
Both the 4 and 6 models will be reliable as long as you change the cooling system parts ASAP. Water pump, thermo, all hoses, radiator if it looks worse for wear.

An E36 compact (same chassis) will likely be cheaper for the same condition so keep that in mind

>An E36 compact (same chassis) will likely be cheaper for the same condition so keep that in mind

If you're in burgerland they're as rare as hen's teeth and you'll have to pay the hipster tax for one.

M54B30 is the most desirable motor behind the S54 but those are also extremely rare on the Z3. Cooling systems are annoying so be ready for that shit, other than that change the oil and watch the suspension bushings and you're good to go.

>M54B30
>Z3

>Burgers do

Did burgers do not get many?
Ausfag here same engine and spec
Z3 $6k
TI $2K

US made so bottom of the BMW reliability barrel.

Are they safer than something like a Miata or Z4? How much less safe than an E36?

This. E36 convertible is the patrician's choice. Anyone who owns a non-convertible 3 Series or a Z is a tasteless pleb.

I've had a Z3 for 5 years now, let me list the things that have failed
>convertible top
>weather seals
>catalytic converter
>a reoccurring mysterious rough idle that defies logic

That's it in my 5 years of owning it, and I'm the second owner of a 1997 w/ 84K miles

It's a toy car. Sporty. THOTs seem to like it, so that's a plus.
It would be hell as a Daily Driver.

>149k miles

What? only? get one with even more miles, you stupid cunt.
sage

How many miles can you expect from ANY car around the price range of $2500, dumb cunt?

>I'm a poorfag
>90s bmw
Your fill ups are going to be ridiculous w/ the I6. Midgrade + truck mileage = $2k a year in gas alone. Add in oil changes fixing whatever is about to break and it's a nice money pit.

>poorfag
>wants a 90s BMW sports car
And this is how poor people stay poor. Buy a Civic, faggot

Nono, don't you see, civics are for everyone else. They're too dumb to realize that BMWs are cheaper and better. I'm smart but lazy, my elementary school teacher told me so.

I put an additional 300k on a LeSabre that I bought for 2200$.

2000-2002

I'm buying the 1.9, so gas $$ shouldn't be crazy. Also, i just can't see how maintenance would really be THAT much more than if I had a camry or something, are you not just overreacting?

random small stuff will break from time to time but ive never experienced any extreme repairs on mine, just use a private mechanic or do your own maintenance

Burgers just didn't buy the little 318ti hatch for some reason. It was so abysmal they haven't even thought about trying it again until the 3 and 5 GT hatch back... Things... We're released here. They sell like hotcakes for some reason.

Burgers are lucky then, are you talking about these disgusting looking cars?

i owned a 325 vert for 2 years and i would never buy convertible ever again. 2 door is better in every single way

>those headlights
Sacre bleu

If you bend over and let mechanics fuck you for every little thing like oil changes, air filters, spark plugs etc. then sure. If you do the maintenance yourself it’s easy, cheap and kind of fun.

>M54B30 is the most desirable motor behind the S54
Or you could go absolute madman and get the 5.6l v12 one.
finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=109932040

Dat quadruple VANOS doe

you're not gonna get a reliable german car for 2500

In a a year I've put 30k miles onto my Z3. Maintenence has been super easy. In that time I have had to replace: the brake light switch, and the clutch fan. It's not the best daily because the ride is harsh and the gas mileage isn't that great. That being said I love it.

is it you?

They're cool enough, but you would be infinitely happier with a TT or a Miata.

How much fun would a Z3 or Miata be with an M60 or M62?

>Rebadged Golf
>Happiness
Pick one.

Very. The alu m60/62 shouldn't be much heavier than the iron block s54, so I think it would've been manageable.

>S54
>ironblock
No

Also BMW is awful at V8s, I'd far rather have a supercharged inline six than my stupid M60 in my 740.

You’re right, inline 6’s are bmw’s bread and butter. This is why most of their current lineup is still using them

Im pretty happy with the engine in my 540, whats wrong with yours?

>>S54
>>ironblock
>No

Look at this fucking soyboy.

I don't even think a Civic will be much more reliable for me if it's selling for $2500.

That's simply all I can afford right now, and I just need it to last me my remaining 2 years in college.

look m8 you'll have to come up with a better excuse than "I'm poor" for buying a bmw

Your brake switch will keep going if you don't change your tail lights to LEDs. The brake light switch was horrendously under built in the E36/z3