>2018
>Doesn´t have a RX7 FB
Were you overtaken by one in your Ford GT or out drifted?

>I-It has a rotary Yes, and? Its easy to repair and cheap to get a much stronger one

>Y-You get addicted to drifting and looking cool! No you don't unless you are an underage bus rider

>I-Its annoying!!
Who forced you to drive it every day, you fucking peat-gavel?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/East-Coast-Rotary-2mm-Super-Seal-Apex-Seals-RX-8-04-11-13B-MSP-Renesis-Mazda-/111777867546
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Compleat the is:
Head gaskets are to Fords as ____ seals are to RX7s.

Rotary

Arctic

B-but seals
ebay.com/itm/East-Coast-Rotary-2mm-Super-Seal-Apex-Seals-RX-8-04-11-13B-MSP-Renesis-Mazda-/111777867546
What are you a poorfag?

Except Mazda never issued recalls that replaced the faulty gaskets. It's just a poorly designed engine that likes breaking.

>fb engine
>breaking

the 12b is the most reliable rotary mazda ever made

You are right the Ford issue is worse as it's killing both heads and blocks as well as the seels.

At least someone gets it.

>rotary
>reliable
Pick one

If rotaries were easy to repair then there wouldn’t have to be dedicated shops to fix them that get away with charging hefty prices specifically because not everyone can fix them.

Forget Arctic, go Leopard Seal or go home now there is a true Apex Seal.

>see same blue fb rx7 broken down on I4 four times in the past 6 months
is this more than normal problems or below average?

>rotary aviation seals
Nobody uses them because they destroy housings, they are harder than the wear surface.

Just use Atkins rotary seals, stronger than stock, won't shatter and handle boost/detonation well.

Who cares if it's recalled? It could ruin the entire drive train and they'd replace it for free with new parts that don't break. A rotary breaks and you just replace it with the same shit and wait for it to break again

>meming

kill

your

self

>owning a japanese car
no thanks, user

LS swap will fix this car

It’s a fact. A rotary would be lucky to last 120k miles without needing a rebuild.

i really want to buy an fb and stick an nc miata engine in there with all the emissions setup and modern equipment
don't ask why, it's just something i want to do

I mean, it's sort of like riding a CR250 (2 stroke dirtbike) and complaining the head failed 200 hours after the last rebuild.
>Waaah it didn't last as long a a pigfat farm bike 4t.

12A fucking retard

a Turbo 13B you mean

the NA versions are effectively immortal

does anyone own these and can you tell me how much you spend on maintenance a year. no bullshit just give me a straightshot.

Whatever you spend on oil tires brakes. Regular maintenance. They even enjoy the occasional redline more than pistons.

>most reliable rotary Engine ever made
That's like getting the highest marks in a special ed class

coincidentally enough there's a 79 SA in my area on craigslist for a decent price
looks pretty cool, should I go for it?

>rotary
>reliable
>pick one

just a daily reminder germany, especially audi makes engines LESS reliable than rotaries driven by people who don't maintain them properly.

The only good thing about audis is th engine and even the engines are overengineered pieces of shit.

And they never come anywhere close to the benefits a literal street racecar engine like rotary gives you.

Daily reminder audi fanboys are biggest retards on the planet

He probably takes it back to the same moron who throws new seals into worn out housings and calls it a "rebuild", hence all the anecdotes about "rotaries are shit, I got mine rebuilt and it only lasted 500km"

>If rotaries were easy to repair then there wouldn’t have to be dedicated shops to fix them that get away with charging hefty prices specifically because not everyone can fix them.

Actually, it's because of demand vs supply, really. Rotaries are fucking piss easy to work on, but since the only car in North America to ever use one was Mazda's RX series, most mechanics don't see fit to specialize in them.

If more auto manufacturers used them, I bet you anything you'd see way more shops that'd willingly work on them.

I've owned an FB and a turbo FC. Never had a problem with either. I remain convinced that poor maintenance and ignorance on behalf of most owners contributes to this idea that they're unreliable.

>replace it for free with new parts that don't break
Never experienced Ford build "quality"

If it’s in good condition/no rust then definitely. You’ll need to rebuild the engine sooner or later but it’s clean which is the main thing. Just don’t expect to daily it.

>charging hefty prices
Have you ever looked into how much a regular car engine costs to rebuild?

I'd love a later turbo Rx7 but I just can't justify the asking price. Brb $20k if its in running condition

have you looked into how often that happens?

>unless you've boosted the fuck out of it and then gone racing:
>never