GT-R fangirls cry for 3 years about the gt-r being slower than a corvette

>GT-R fangirls cry for 3 years about the gt-r being slower than a corvette
>v8 crew effortlessly bullies them daily
>GT-R fangirls shift focus hoping the v6 ford gt will save them
>it doesn't

displacelets, will they ever learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/the-2018-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1le-storms-the-nurburgring-in-716-04-video/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw not gay
>tfw not forced to buy a truck or corvette and can buy actual manly cars

Lel

at least the gtr is a vidya meme car, the corvette is just a camaro with a bigger engine.

the GTR is faster than all corvettes sans the newest ZR1.

I hear its not street legal though so lol

gtr is a videogame car, that's the audience, but it costs like $80-150k. Good luck finding an lemonade stand owner to buy one under 25-30. Over that, your tastes mature.

>"ARGH! S/O/VIET!! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!"
>"YOU WILL PAY FOR ALL THE ASSHURT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME!!"

Prezo is seething and it is all because of me lol

7:08
Still can't deal with it after all these years Roflmao

this lol

>nurburgring

I mean it doesn't get more concrete then that. so why do chebby fags STILL continue to pretend the Z06 is faster?

>muh straighline bullshit.

At the end of the day it's not about dragstrip numbers; it's about overall handling in a race around the 'ring and numbers don't lie: Chevy carrying too much weight around-pigfat.

Inb4
>muh v-aight

lol

Umm didn't the ZLE 1lE set the burg record a while ago? If it's 5 seconds faster than a 488 I really doubt the ancient GTR is still relevant. I really doubt it's faster than the Vette.

>GM cucks literally seething

lol

>make thread to watch v6 assrage
>they do

>he still cannot refute this

>In addition to beating the normal ZL1’s time, the 1LE got around the ’Ring faster than performance cars like the Nissan GT-R, the Ferrari 488GTB, and the previous-generation Porsche 911 GT2 RS.

blog.caranddriver.com/the-2018-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1le-storms-the-nurburgring-in-716-04-video/
Seeth more.

bump

The ford gt is, like the name suggests, a gt car not a race car.

The Corvette is even less of a race car.... 99% of them are driven by boomer billy to work a couple times a week and to the country club. It just happens to be stupid fast.

bump

more assrage plz

>Grand tourer
>Tiny
>Uncomfortable
>No luggage space
>Shit MPG
Bonus round
>Slower than a vette with a blower

Tell me again why its a GT car

because ebin get and time stamp quads desu

the nismo gtr was heavily modified. it's well documented.. soviet is Veeky Forums's cancer.

>7:08
even the retard viper is faster than that
the gtr is a dinosaur

>Not having a 400HP turbo'd inline-3 that weighs 88 (HH) pounds

V6’s are str8 poo poo, let it be remembered from now till the end of time

bump so prezo can continue to embarrass himself while exposing to us his insuperable asshurt towards S/o/viet

>7:16 is faster than 7:08
american education is pathetic

nice delusion GM cuckold

>701
>slower than a vw with almost half the cylinders

Viper ACR is fastest production car around the ring.

Nissan Cappuccino when?

uncanny

imagine being this american

S/o/viet showing once again why he rules this board

just look how buttblasted all these cucks are at him

based

very true

>Be Ford
>Sell displacelet micro-engines to fanboys
>Tell them it's "progress", watch them walk around like peacocks on webboards
>Put it in the GT as a gimmick to market the engine family, mostly to trucklet buyers
>Deny it
>Only select people can be in your club and get chosen to buy a $400k Ford GT
>Rekt by a Vette
>Sounds like a riced out Honda
>Buyers can actually buy a vette, today, right now. They can even sell it whenever they want without getting sued for doing it - then spend the remaining $300k on gold/stocks

That car is the low watermark of CAFE-Cucked Ford. Sad.

>"ARGH, I will samefag!, surely that will show S/o/viet not to mess with my feelings again"

seeth more cuck

literally a buttblasted GM cuckold

Its an f-150 with a bodykit

oh my it seems that these two posts have caused some sort of intense dismay to certain individuals

i certainly hope they find it within themselves to recover at some point in the near future

>GM lost daytona and lemans against an f-150 with a bodykit

explains the amount of assrage in this thread

sperg more at S/o/viet posts

do as you are told now

>The actual Vette you can buy is faster than the Ferd GT you can't even buy unless you're in Ford's their special club
>Ford GT utterly BTFO

>The actual Vette you can buy
nope, can't buy a corvette with racing seats or harnesses

invalid laptime set by a non street legal, non-production car

seeth more

bump so prezo can rage more

>prezo ragequits after another cyber-abuse session

lol

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1998 Cobra Coupe with a couple of simple mods:

10 point cage with Parachute
3 piece discontinued Saleen frontend
spec-R full drag suspension
Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
1 044 bosch pump
1200 rc injectors
DART sleeved block
cp 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
arp headstuds
oem headgaskets
EGR and IRMC delete
competition clutch twin disc specced from ROCKAUTO
Port and polished heads
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
TRICKFLOW cam gears
TRICKFLOW stage 3 cams
aluminium radiator with slim fan
TKO600 transmission
shortrunner custom intake
hooker shortie headers
qsd throttle body spacer
trickflow 80mm throttle body
curb detecting sensor from AmericanMuscle
twin HELLION 75mm turbochargers.
Custom water to air intercooler set up
aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
17 inch mickeythomson drag rims
custom Saleen gauge cluster
150 shots of nitrous im making 900 horsepower to the REAR WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

You forgot the LS swap. Because no modular has gone this fast.

that isn't an LS, inbred GM cuck

Makes no sense the corvette is just as much of a plasticy piece of shit

you also can't buy a GT with a windshield-blocking timer, making the Ford invalid too

sperg more

>You also can't buy a car with a driver
I guess you both lose and pic related is the only winner

>nurburgring is a straight line
boostlets are really this retarded

Corvette fags still delusional.

So I can go out right now and buy THAT ford GT, complet with spoiler? And I'm sure it's got street legal tires on it and the maintenance crew to go with it, making this somehow applicable.

No, you can't buy a Ford GT PERIOD because only people in their literal safespace can - and the guys who own them can't even sell them to you.
They are actually suing John Cena because, how dare he sell it for like no profit.
Srs.

You can actually buy a ZR1 soon, and it is the better car in a multitude of ways, including price.

The GT is a literally snowflake-mobile you can't buy.

Reminder this will rape every single production car while still being street legal

Didn't you Chevtards just get owned a month or so ago?

>the absolute state of S/o/viet

They are mentally ill and delusional from losing so they don't understand what a test lap is.

a purpose built sandbagging racecar is obviously going to beat a pigfat road car

how many god damn times do we have to say this

Probably for a month or so until the aston martin Valkyrie is released. based aston martin sending ICE production cars out with naturally aspirated no replacement for dickplacement V12. none of that twin turbo V6 cuckoldry.

>aston martin Valkyrie
>Thought I was lost in /s/ for a second amirite

The only vehicle I make the twin-turbo exception for, is the Nissan GT-R.
That's it. It's made that way, it's not a downgrade from a once proud other format Like a V8/10/12. (Ford GT 2005 is exellence, Ford GT safespace ecbootht that you can't buy, is a fraud)

But if they offered the GTR with a Turbo V8 or a V12?
It would be the chad version instantly.

Lol at all the bitchbabies who probably dont even have a car in these threads. Comparing a car that hasn't changed in a decade vs a car with a pushrod motor. Both are shit and your better off looking at the potential of the car. Lc500 just won super gt and people still think Nissan is even relevant.

>The only vehicle I make the twin-turbo exception for, is the Nissan GT-R.
>That's it. It's made that way
Agreed. the biggest gripe with any manufacturer who chooses a V6 is doing so intentionally when you have a better engine available. if you have to do so out of necessity (i,e drive-train is dependent on it which would be the GTR and its AWD or the alternative can't meet emissions which would be the XJ220 or you do not make any alternatives which would be Honda and why they've always used V6s as their range topping engines even over straight sixes because they never made a straight six) that's fine but Spending shit tons of R&D to make what is basically your greatest engine in your entire lineup and then not use it is such a let-down.

I'm a huge fan of V8s and I love Corvettes, but that thing is an atrocity. It's just the same tired pushrod Chevy V8 with even more forced air than the Z06. Anyone with money to piss away can do the same thing. As in buy the same damn engine from Chevrolet and bolt on everything and get the same results. Personally between it and the GTR, I'd rather have the Nissan. As for the Corvette, I wish Chevrolet would stop chasing the 80-120k range and get back to basics. 2002-2004 Z06 and the C6 Z06 are the epitome of what Corvettes are supposed to be imo. Instead of shoving more air into their ancient V8 design they should have been looking at ways of developing a hybrid powertrain for the sub 70k price range. Corvettes were always the scrubby, dollar bargain sports cars. They lost their way.

I was with you until
>hybrid powertrain
only the biggest retard at GM, which is a very difficult position to achieve, would even consider making the Corvette a hybrid

They already trademarked the name "E-ray" so there is likely going to be an all electric vette if not a hybrid one. why are hybrids a bad thing? they basically add power increase fuel economy and take stress off the engine and the whole car mechanically. the NSX can launch hard as shit but part of that reason is because of front electric motors powering the front wheels without things like a transfer case or possible blowing of the transmission. also less drive-train loss as all the engine has to do is power the rear wheels and the electric motors handle the front. Porsche has already confirmed or considered a hybrid 911 with the upcoming 992 generation. its only natural for GM to follow-suit.

You realize I'm talking hybrid with the likes of Ferrari and Mclaren, right? Corvettes were always good at bringing high end performance down to the common man. Right now electric motors working in tandem with a gasoline engine are the top of the food chain. It would be very Corvette-esque for them to have managed to bring out a car like that in the sub 70k range. It would also have synergy with the fact Chevrolet is hitting the ceiling on their pushrod at 6.2L and they sure as hell don't want to increase displacement in today's world. That's why the top LT engines are supercharged now. I think it would have been a lot more aligned with the branding than going mid range and shoving even more air into the engine.

And that worked out so well that they continued making hybrid designs, right? And how the NSX was so commercially successful bringing hybrid supercar technology to an entry level? Regardless, the consumer base for the corvette would not translate well towards e-tec, thats why Chevy would either build a seperate car on the same platform or just move to a full electric model

The Corvette consumer base is dying, that's why the C7 got such drastic design changes and they symbolically dropped the 4 circular tail lights. Going hybrid drivetrain would be a step in trying to attract a younger buyer. Either way, my original point was GM is chucking bolt ons and bandaids at their premier sports car in trying to keep up with the Joneses instead of taking a step back, looking at what the nameplate has been for generations, and molding it to something modern.

Hybrid tech isn't the future, and certainly isn't the only way to advance the sbc. DOHC like the original LT4 were a step in the right direction, increased thermal efficiency and better cooling would all be better than hybrid designs. Hybrid supercars were a trial that failed, that's why McLaren and Ferrari have gone back to full petrol and only Porsche is still hanging on, but even they intend to go full electric drive. Hybrid tech just increases weight with less returns than boosting a petrol motor or converting to full EV like the Nio

I'm not sure how Ferrari "went back". The LaFerrari is their halo car and I don't think anything has been remotely sketched or laid out for its successor. HYKERs is used very extensively in motorsports too. Pretty sure the technology hasn't failed. But again, I was simply pointing to an example of something GM could have done to keep the Corvette unique and dominating a market segment so much that no other automotive manufacturer would even try. It always offered high end performance for some stupidly low prices vs what you consider its competition. Since the C7 hit all it feels like is they are chasing what the GTR had accomplished, which ironically was what the Corvette did at the 50k price range in the 99s and 00s. To me the nameplate needs to be put on hiatus and given a revision. The market is really saturated with decent performers since technology to make things go fast is so cheap now. Personally I think a no frills pure sports car in the 60-80k range would be fucking amazing, but everyone wants touch screens and LCD gauges and shit these days. The GT86 is a pretty good example of driving purity not moving many cars these days, and they are at the low end of the price range. I'm just rambling at this point. Bottom line is the Corvette has lost its way. That wacky, early 00s ricer look they designed the latest one with just feels like an exclamation point on that fact to me.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>Personally I think a no frills pure sports car in the 60-80k range would be fucking amazing
you just described the corvette...

>Corvette, a car with even a modicum of thought put into handling, beats the GTR with its larger engine
>Dodge puts a fuckhuge V10 into a clown shoe, also rapes the GTR
They never will learn, will they?

Mic Drop

Only took how many years? Lmao

>Personally I think a no frills pure sports car in the 60-80k range would be fucking amazing
>"you just described the corvette..."

Know what would make it better?
Chop the engine in half because, displacelet reasons and so it sounds like a modded honda.
Next make it slower around the track.
Next, quadruple the price.
Next, only sell it within a brand loyalist safespace so no one can say mean things about.
Next, watch as people clap like trained seals

But it's okay because a modified version of that car with professional drivers and crews, it did good that time, fanboys will jack off about the modified version of the car we won't sell them, that's inferior to the competitors offering in several ways.

based

trump

>They can even sell it whenever they want without getting sued for doing it
I know about Ford is pretending to be Ferrari with the GT, and even about how they will only sell to people who can promote the car on social media but is what you are saying true?

If so, Jesus Christ. They are way over their heads.

page 1 lololol

>Bashes Ford for being a cuck
>Says GT is shit
>Never actually driven a GT

>Haven't eaten shit, but know it's shit
>"HOW? CAN I LEARN THIS?"
>NotfromaJedi.webm

Joke's on Ford, Cena's going to kick out at 2.

>Be me
>Like super cars
>See Ford makes new super car
>Become enraged cause "Murrica cant't make no super car"
>Look for anything "wrong" with it, but have to nitpick cause it's actually good
>Share opinion on the chan cause I'm so educated about this now
>Make sure to ignore the actual performance of the car
>Get called out
>Respond with immature crap instead of thinking of intelligent response
>Make sure to still not mention performance of car

You don't win against a dozen other performance brands at Le Mans and Rolex 24 with a shit car. Simple as that.

are you stupid?
le mans and rolex uses fake cars stinted to 400hp. fakes races with fake cars.
in the real world the ford gt is slower than a fricking corvette, it's beyond pathetic.

>When the 2005 model of the car (that you can actually buy, and don't have to be inside ford's safespace) is the alpha version of that car
>It's like a chick buzzing her head and gets awful tatts, "I'm just as sexy, 10 years, minus my tits, and 30 partners later!"
>That chick WAS sexy, once, desirable, once. Now she's a shell of her self, and her "standards" are unrealistic.
$400k, safespace buyers only, for a sub corvette car
>What did ford mean by this?

I would be interested to see, in a totally free selling environment without artificially restricted supply - how would the 05 GT sell vs the 17 GT vs the Corvette ZR1

Do you think the GT wasn't limited too? It has the same level of performance (both limited and unlimited) as top of the line super cars such as the Aventador or McLaren 570. The Corvette meanwhile has a slower top speed, 0.3 second faster 0-60, and only beat the GT by just over 1 second, around a single track.

I'm not saying the GT is the absolute best, and I agree that Ford is pulling some bullshit with marketing, but the car itself is truly remarkable.

It also amazes me the kind of petty and arbitrary reasons people will cling to in order to try discrediting things they don't like.

I won't even try to defend Ford's marketing for the GT, because that really is bullshit.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can't judge a car by it's marketing. The GT is an astounding vehicle, and to say otherwise is just showing a bias against the brand.

So to wrap this up once again, fords $500k mid engine supercar, with a 400lb weight advantage, being driven by a pro lemans driver (!) is slower than a bigger, heavier, front engine sports car piloted by an obese amateur driver.
Slower by a full second per lap.
Someone at ford literally got fired over this btw.

First of all could you link whatever says someone got fired over it, cause all I can find on that is the president getting fired over something completely unrelated.

Second, I'm not saying the Corvette isn't a great car, because it is, but to write off the GT (which again, performs on the level of Ferraris and Lambos) just because of Ford's shitty marketing and getting beat by another remarkable car is petty at best.

>The GT is an astounding vehicle, and to say otherwise is just showing a bias against the brand.

That's fair.

But I find it less desirable than the 2005 model of that car, which I put on a top5 "bullshit high lottery list".

>So to wrap this up once again, fords $500k mid engine supercar, with a 400lb weight advantage, being driven by a pro lemans driver (!) is slower than a bigger, heavier, front engine sports car piloted by an obese amateur driver.
Slower by a full second per lap.
Someone at ford literally got fired over this btw.

Personally I'd take a Corvette anytime, but credit where due, ya know.

But srsly displacelets make me sad
>Ford plz put a V10 in that GT, fuuuuggg

the president got fired because the corvette won