Why do the car-makers insist on putting these faggy low-profile tire/rim packages on all of their cars...

Why do the car-makers insist on putting these faggy low-profile tire/rim packages on all of their cars? Is it some sort of soyboy trend?

They follow what the masses want who were originally following trend setters.

So the question is: are the masses retarded? Do the like buying new rims after they drive over an ant-sized pothole?

Yes. But you knew that.

>mfw im literally a trend setter
i feel so good today. like seriously lol

>tfw bought my car on 18" wheels
>sell them
>bought 16" alloys of the same width with meatier tires
>car handles noticeably better
lambo and suv nigger memes made big wheels "cool" I guess

who let the republicans in? like really? close the door next time

>inciting racial violence
WELL SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT

piss off

Are you really saying That they look bad?

really makes you think...

Wh*te subhumans deserve to be killed anyways lol
sperg more plz

so you're saying basketball americans who ride in donks and hang brass balls from their tow hook don't classify as 'nigger'?

>wh*te subhumans this upset
lmaooo delicious tearz from these subhumans

bujgr2z5z5%q25

y

Welp, you’re here so might as well hop on the ride. First let me tell you about the Jews...

real answer: because they look better and most people who buy them doesn't know the difference between high and low profile tires

hmmmm

>guy makes thread
>retards still don't recognize alphonse posts after all these years
>thread down the shitter
I fucking left for 6 months and nothing has changed.

>guy makes shitposting thread
>alphonse shitposts
>"argh i hate alphonse!"
ftfy

my girlfriends dad in high school got a new bimmer with this sort of package. i remember my gf thought it was tacky, saying her dad got a "nigged version"

>Waaah stop liking things I don't like
Reasons for bigger wheels so they can fit bigger brake kits, thinner sidewalls are stiffer so better cornering and road feel so it's all for performance you want a more comfortable ride you get fat tires

My boomer father fell for the big rims meme. Hes broken 3 rims so far and says the car handles so well. He tells me i should put 18 inch rims on my car. How about no, i love the ride quality and i havent jacked up a rim

you literally never need to go bigger than 18"

She sounds like a keeper.

While technically true, the bigger wheels meme as of late is to hide cars' growing proportions. 15s on a 90s civic look very different than 15s on a 2017. Also (within reason) stiffer sidewalls = more grip is a meme, the unsprung weight of the larger wheel hurts the car way more, and the brake calipers can usually be cleared by several inch smaller wheels on new cars.

>racebait this awful in Veeky Forums
Worst timeline

No senpai, you're the masses.

Post yfw you realize both genres of racist are annoying retards.
400 IQ centrist master race reporting in.

They do it because the bodies got pigfat and the wheel size has to increase proportionally so they don't look weird.

Delete this image, la cretura

Doesn't running tires with a narrower sidewall improve handling by reducing flex? I was under the impression it was for performance reasons

You know you don't have to tick the option for big wheels, right?

To an extent, yes. But there's a point where the sidewall is so stiff you can lose performance because you basically removed a part of the suspension.

I run 235/40/17s -- is this ideal or would I be better off with 225/45?

Do you feel comfortable? If so, stick with what's proven.

However on much older cars the thick tire sidewalls are actually an intended part of the suspension. On an old W123 Benz the ride comfort on 15 inch wheels is fantastic, but owners who installed larger wheels described the ride as completely ruined.

>>
Agreed. Huge low profile whrels are stupid.
Actually f1 wheels are stupidly small with high profile only because they follow idiotic regulations. Building aerodynamic open-wheeler is greatest of them. There is no logical reason to keep rims so small.

>mein schwanzstuck

>have thicc tires
>need to U-turn
>go straight over median
>cut off tirelet
>he panics and makes contact with the median, breaking his rim
>laugh as i watch his car roll in my rear view mirror
How can tirelets even compete?

ask me how i know you live in south kek

Just don't buy them.

>tfw have C124 benz on stock 15s
>ordered 16in wheels and going to slightly lower profile
>also have to put spacers in because the websites I found that gave me my info of "will this fit" are fucking blatantly wrong
>havent driven it on new wheels yet

Fuck is my ride quality going to be complete ass now? When I push on the corner of the car with the original 15s, it makes the tire bounce more than the suspension. The new tires are markedly stiffer. Fuuuuck.

The cars keep getting larger and it's the only way to keep the proportions correct.

Modern cars have massive brake rotors which require big ass rims to clear them and massive wheel arches to clear the wheels. That doesn't leave much room for tire. Tall and meaty tires also probably don't ride "sporty" enough for most people. God forbid your 5000lb crossover or suv rides like a truck.