What is a "Hot Hatch"?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.
All i got is this hatchback and everywhere i go i get laughed at edition

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; Hot Hatches have been a thing for the US since the 90s, took a dip in the mid 00s and are gaining momentum again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0D8sRho9tM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This doesn't need a general.
Fuck off.

Wow i fucked that up.
Feel free to humiliate me.

Containment thread for soys who think hot hatches are acceptable enthusiast vehicles

why wouldn't they be? Most established models professional motorsports heritage and an established market base

Unlike you I have friends, a 2 seater hairdresser car will not accomodate them so I have a Focus ST

Do the Celica and RSX count as sport coupes with rear hatches or hot hatchbacks?

That would be cool if it was a Gino, but it isn't.

This appeals to my interest

1st gen nu-Minis are aesthetic desu

sorry if I butchered that sentence I'm a bit drunk

Still prefer the Mira Gino myself.

The former.

it's a ripoff of the mk1 with the bmw proportions. I like it too

I'm a sucker for kei cars.

are hihg speed kei cars hot hatches?

Yea probably, Kei is just a miniaturized car world. Still the same kind of discrepancy within it.

Bought my hot hatch yesterday. Does Veeky Forums like FoSTs?

Is a 2.3L sport Mazda 3 a hot hatch? Or is it just warm? 155hp

pretty warm. I have a 1.6 100bhp shitbox

cold hatch

Are there any mods actually worth doing? It doesn’t really need more power, but I hear it really rips with some of that Montune stuff on it.

youtu.be/0D8sRho9tM0

It's not as loved as the fiesta, but I like them.

better wheels, tires and coilovers for starters

Thoughts on the C30 polestar?

My hot hatch was destroyed by a texting driver and I’m getting a muscle car next

hot

buddy i used to work with had one. pretty fun car.

Mid warm hatch, could use some more heat desu.

Can't wait to import one of the 1 series hatches as soon as it's legal. I love my 128 coupe, but M135i hatch is pretty damn cool

Hatches are fucking gay and people will laugh at you as you go by in your fartbox even if it is fast.

Wagons on the other hand are making a comeback both as "hot" cars and as adventure vehicles (when lifted with good suspension). I just went to test drive one of these bad boys and they fucking just gave it to me for 24 hours. I have it sitting in my garage rn and I'm taking it hooning in thr morning. Thing's fast as fuck. I'm a cop and it's faster than any police cruiser I've driven, even the pursuit rated Tauruses which are fucking beasts. How did they achieve this in a 4cyl?

Plz post example of rwd hot hatch

Make way for the emperor

>own a 2008 2.5L i5 golf
>144k on the clock
>already replaced the timing chain & water pump, had an auto trans rebuild
>don't know if I should keep it or get the bodywork looking good enough to sell it to someone else
Here's the rub: in thinking about getting another golf, but with a manual transmission.I find it fun to drive (if a little heavy), but I think it'd be great if it had an MT instead. Alternatively considering a focus or a fiesta (if it has the ecoboost) hatch. Any input?

>tl;dr: do I hold onto my shithatch or sell it for a new one
Pic related, the shitbox in question

EP3 Type R or Clio 182 lads?
V6 Clio
Hot 1 Series models
Lotus Sunbeam

you have a shit golf
get rid of it and get a fun car.

I know it's shit that's why I want to get rid of it

I would sell it quickly at a marginal loss of value, high mileage and a automatic transmission will make this a little harder to sell so use an aggressive price point

I have pretty much no money or assets other than this car and maybe like $500...what would you suggest I get for $3-4k? I'm not looking for something fast or fun really; ease to wrench on & a manual transmission are my major concerns.

Thingken about a Honda fit or an older Focus (not too old)

>only soyboys like hot hatches
soyboys like priuses and teslas

Get a GTI or R golf, or a sportwagen/alltrack.

I've driven a stock turbo alltrack and holy fuck was it quick. Fastest car I've driven.

/mg/ is containment for soyboys who think a miata is an enthusiast car

>Fastest car I've driven.
That's being said, I can't imagine what the R is capable of. If you just want to go fast that's your best bet.

>tfw 4 seater sportback hairdresser's car

>fwd

Is better than taking the bus.

how come the clio's get so little love in these threads?

swift sport underrated tbqh
especially the previous generation naturally aspirated ones.
one of the last great NA hot hatches, along with the st150.
and you can buy them used for ridiculously cheap.

Bad handling, Terrible torque steer, cheap interior, terrible after sales

what is there to love about it?

>Bad handling, Terrible torque steer
really?
i never read that in a single review.

>modern fat hatches
>"hot"
stop falling for marketing

Do as many cheap repairs as possible and keep good documentation, the sell it to some normie for more then it's worth

Only almost snap liftoff oversteered into the sea once. I hate my winter tires/wheels. As soon as temps stay above 40° my summers are going back on.

Also:
>1998+10 AD
>not having a CB radio in your car
It’s like you all enjoy not knowing where traffic and speed traps are.

>I am buttblasted because a stock golf 1.8 walked me from a dig
The absolute state of miata owners

Coworker has one. It's nice.

I need help. Can somebody redpill me on EP3 vs clio 197? What do they feel like to drive? Which is the better chassis? How about reliability, maintenance and parts cost? Are there any specific weak spots to any of them? Which would be more suitable for a dd?

THESE ARE A MUST FOR KEKSHED OWNERS.
I LOVE SITTING IN THE BACK OF A HATCHBACK WHILE WIFE AND BULL RIDE FRONT.
EXHILARATING
HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL KEKS
10/10

Cucks

THESE ARE A MUST FOR KEKSHED OWNERS.
I LOVE SITTING IN THE BACK OF A HATCHBACK WHILE WIFE AND BULL RIDE FRONT.
EXHILARATING
HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL KEKS
10/10

Ep3, the dash shifter is fun. It doesn't brake down things are easy to fix. It really livens up with an intake and exhaust too.

Twingo GT

>Veeky Forumstists will defend this without knowing that it's just a smart

Everyone knows Renault and Mercedes worked together on the Smart/Twingo chassis.

It's a smart that makes sense economically, fag

BMW 1 series

Really depends on what you're going for. I think for most people, the cheap power mods for the fiesta are what they want. Realistically speaking, nobody actually rips their car through twisties enough to justify handling mods at the cost of comfort. Personally, I'm getting lightweight 16s, re71r, bigger brake kit so they stop getting fried and chassis bracing so it stops tri podding.

>tfw I own a Mazdaspeed 3 and a prius

Whoops, meant for

So whats the best hot hatch to get in Yurop for cheap? (€2-4k)

You guys have polos and twingos and im jealous

euro cops drive these things

More like they drive this

Long may he reign