Off-duty CHP (California Highway Patrol) officer rolled up next to me at a stop and yelled "I got your plates...

Off-duty CHP (California Highway Patrol) officer rolled up next to me at a stop and yelled "I got your plates, you're done buddy!" after he flashed his badge I said sorry and he yelled "don't do it again!". I drove down the center median going to make a left but said fuck it and went back into the lane since the parking lot looked full and I wouldn't make it in and he must have thought I did it just to cut traffic. I didn't get a good look at his badge when he flashed it but it was pointy and bears resemblence to a CHP officer. I said sorry I was in a rush, and he let me drive on.

Worse case scenerio it was a CHP, he didn't arrest me on the spot so I'd imagine if he had a dashcam in his off-duty car the worst I'd get is a ticket and suspension, but I'm wondering why he didn't arrest me on the spot? Or was it just a security officer from a nearby plaza?

Penis

Benis

He has no authority dumb fuck

He has no authority as an off duty

What you could've done was call 911 and say some guy is trying to pull you over flashing a badge and give them the plate. CHP would've loved that.

What did you do?

>Pull out AR-15 automatic high power assault rifle, hose 'em down. Become hero.

this.

if real, dude would have been suspended for unlawful use of authority

if fake, dude goes to jail for impersonating an officer of the law.

either way, lols would be had.

If in CHP car
>I'll take shit that didn't happen for $100 Alex.
If not
>What does a cinema prop badge look like for $100 Alex?

You dive like shit and should stay off the road.

Hilarious assumption, but we absolutely do. Over civil traffic violations, no. Both because no cop actually gives a shit about traffic violations beyond what we're forced to do (complain to your city manager/council about required stops please) and pretty much all departments frown upon off duty action barring serious critical incidents.

The worst he could do without identifying you is send a ticket to the registered owner of the vehicle in the mail, to which you could just say it wasn't you (and CA allows for mail-in trails so you won't even have to appear and be identified). Again you could just contact his department and ask why some overzealous asshole is taking off duty action for civil traffic violations. Most likely he was just trying to get you to stop being a retard.

>dude would have been suspended for unlawful use of authority
You kids really think you have the one up on us do ya? Word of advice, don't ever fuck with the police. Even putting in a complaint can get your car marked. Sergeants are some of the most blue line guys there are and they're the ones handling your bullshit crybaby complaints.

yaaaaaa no. All it would take is 1 media story about your behavior and the gubment would breathe down your neck. Have fun tho!

>BREAKING NEWS: some random guy just got a badge flashed at him, puts in complaint which sergeant files away into the trash!
>Ongoing FBI/CIA/SPLC investigation for civil rights violations, more news at 11

Yeah no one cares you don't matter.

>Hilarious assumption, but we absolutely do

hey jagoff, see
>if real, dude would have been suspended for unlawful use of authority

also, good luck getting your fatbody ass into any academy and not getting fired at the mall court. please shut up - adults, well, mostly eurotrash young adults, are trying to talk here.

if by some rare chance you are actually LEO, let me tell you that some douchebag end of shift dreading going home to his third wife acting out that way will get a call to IA and hearing. totally unprofessional and unethical. call it in and identify. otherwise, stop pretending to be superman- you're not.

>Word of advice, don't ever fuck with the police. Even putting in a complaint can get your car marked

What the fuck statist East Coast liberal shithole do you live in where the cops are beyond review? Utter shit. Also, fuck you.

I don't know why you're making the assumption that we can't identify ourselves as law enforcement off duty, or even take law enforcement action criminal matters (though not in civil traffic matters, but I don't think anyone's ever given a shit enough to try, even OPs guy didn't actually give a shit but he's too autistic to realize it).

You don't just turn off being a cop because you're not in uniform. While commissioned by the state as an officer you're a full-time sworn law enforcement official. If you have to take enforcement action you take it as a law enforcement officer, you will testify in court as a law enforcement officer, and your training and experience as a law enforcement officer will apply.

someone is gonna be out of a job real quick with that attitude lmao

if you haven't read the news lately, commiefornia is looking for any reason to take you guys down a peg.

>abused bullied child handed a gun and a badge: the post

Can you guys please decide whether the stereotype is if we were bullies in highschool or if we were the ones bullied? Seems like you just switch it to fit your whatever shit argument you're trying to make.

Like I would ever work in such a cucked state. Have fun when you scare all the good cops off and are left with the bottom feeders who will work for shit pay under strict unrealistic standards.

>Can you guys please decide whether the stereotype is if we were bullies in highschool or if we were the ones bullied?

the bullied become the bullies, handing them a gun and a badge just makes their chest puff up all the more.

>Have fun when you scare all the good cops off and are left with the bottom feeders who will work for shit pay under strict unrealistic standards.

in my area (not America) we require cops to have a university degree to even apply. Then a strict mental and physical exam, followed by paramilitary training on a military base. If they get through that, they are required to constantly be reviewed and if they are found unfit (assholes, superiority complexes etc) they are sent to some shithole town to do traffic duty on logging roads till they quit.

oh and if you so much as draw your gun you are required to file a DAMN good reason.

>You don't just turn off being a cop because you're not in uniform.

No shit pal

>While commissioned by the state as an officer you're a full-time sworn law enforcement official
not for moving violation/administrative infractions or city code shit unless, well, you're in some sub-100,000 population cross-deputized city-county dump with no union that overworks you and your brass think they are NYPD-tier badasses that haven't qualified on the range since Dirty Harry did.

just don't be like the person in the scenario OP posted, whether real or fake. we've all seen the park cops in b'more short on time and fat harassing the mall rats and skaters- utter cringe

Another pig thinking he has real authority. You must be one of the ones who got picked on in school and now seeks retribution. The only thing that's changed for you since high school is that now everybody hates you because of what you are instead of who you are as a person.
By the way, most of us do have one up on you, we don't drive slow pigfat chargers. Inb4 "hurry radio", radios never caught me.

Back in high school, my friend drove like an asshole and pissed some guy off while we were driving to lunch. The guy chased him down, and showed a badge and said pull over. My friend did, and the guy got out and started screaming that he was a cop and laying into my friend.

This made a pretty big scene on the road and a women called the cops, we also called the cops after because the badge looked mickey mouse.

Cops ended up finding the guy, and he was impersonating a police officer. They found his fake badge when searching the car. Went to court, the guy barely got out of jail, had some huge amount of community service, and pretty sizable fine.

tl;dr: coulda just been some nut playing cop.

imagine being such a waste of space that you cant actually become a cop in murrica (where all you need to be able to do is breathe and shoot a gun) and instead you must impersonate one just to yell at idiot teenagers.

We all went to the court date with my friend and watched. The guy looked like the stapler guy from Office Space, and was basically in tears (thought he was going to jail). He was so pathetic I felt bad for him.

The road rage and super aggressive driving shit isn't worth it. I mean people just gotta chill. My friend was wrong to be driving like a dumbass, and this guy was just retarded for playing cop.

the name your looking for is Milton

calm down, officer.

either
>a. wanna be cop from the shittiest state in the union
>b. a shitty cop from the shittiest state in the union

Either way you have no authority when not on duty you fucking wannabe POS, no cop does.
>"b-b-b-ut I'm a copp1111!!!"
no you're not you shlomo-cum-guzzling faggot