I want to get a 350z. What should I expect. Do I avoid a 2006 or earlier?

I want to get a 350z. What should I expect. Do I avoid a 2006 or earlier?

pigfat slow car

What the hell do you mean by slow?

its faster than the bus you ride tho LMAO

The hardest part is going to be telling your dad that you're gay

go to an actual Z forum and ask there, 2/5 of posts on Veeky Forums are shitposts, 1/5 are from people who know what theyre talking about and the rest are irrelevant

Slower than my 28 year old 250cc bike.

Basically
Vq35de is fine
Vq35de rev up burns oil
Vq35hr is da best

370z is a direct upgrade in every way but 350 will be cheaper and has a huge aftermarket.

3,500lb car
slower than
sub 500lb bike

It's a cheap way to get a beautiful sounding 300hp car but the pre 300z's are better imo, shame that 240s have gone up like holy shit

>Engine 14x bigger but only 8x heavier
>6.5x heavier including weight of rider

That's because they're the normies new classic import car. I don't think I've seen non-car people recognize any average car more easily than the old Z's.

cause a lot of baby boomers had 240s back in the day. lady at church grew up with 3 240s in her family

So much this, I'd love a 240, but they are all owned by boomers. The 300zx z31 is okay I guess. The z32 is my dream car (tt of course), but are mechanically intimidating for wrench noobs. The 370 is new, therefore shit. The 350 is the best entry point in the z series

>blowing all your dosh on a 240 instead of the patrician version
why though

I don't have a million dolrars, I guess.

I don't actually know shit about nip cars, are they that expensive?

Only because they are owned by old people

The 2000GT is the Ferrari 250GT of niponese.

well fuck. what's the 4th gen f-body of niponese?

Probably the 3000GT/GTO or something, but I'm not terribly versed in US cars myself.
I'd say the JZA70 supra as it's not rice taxed so hard?

You can only do the speed limit anyway

Avoid 07 I think, that's the first revup engine.

the 3000gt is gonna be the xjr15 of jdm, nobody outside gran turismo players even remembers it

>wanting a 350z
Kys

05 my friend is first rev up
350z's did not age well in my opinion i have owned a tt 300zx g35 and a 350z
The worset of the 3 being the 2003 350z it burned alot of oil but much less than the 05 and 06s my 2007 g35 was solid also every single one of these cars had a million things break too. clock springs door lock regulators and window motors. At one point i had to roll down my window to open the door on my g35. They are ok but given the age i would not revisit any of these cars.

Solid, cheap around 300hp car
as this guy said
avoid the rev-up and you'll be fine.
Also check the car before you buy it (and check what's been done on it in the papers) so you don't end up being this guy

i did the valve cover gaskets my self on the 350z the engine was clean as can be most of the oil was pooled in the upper plenum forsome reason the blow by was terrible a catch can and a swap to 0w-40 fixed that. I dont know who told you that these things didn't burn or consume oil in someway Even the non rev ups are prone to losing oil.

you gotta have faith in Veeky Forums
>go to some forum
maybe to lurk a bit but thats it, I will never cheat on Veeky Forums

Also interested in a 350z. So what year should I look into?