I have a job that's an hour there and an hour back and it's killing me on gas...

I have a job that's an hour there and an hour back and it's killing me on gas. What's the cheapest and best shitbox I can buy? 2K and under, I don't need or want another car but I have no choice at this point really.

What currency, if it's 2k EUR you can get a 2006 focus

Echo if you are after purely saving money and can actually find a decent one for that price.

this. hatch only.

DON'T CRASH you will die.

drive 170km (80 minutes) one way to school. Costs me $35CDN gas. 05 civic.

sorry. $18 one way.

your an idiot, at that price you might as well rent an apartment or a suite near school

Same situation as you. I just got a very comfortable S-class that gets 28mpg if I don't drive retarded (I do and get 23)
I would strongly recommend comfort and noise reduction be a great importance in your choice of vehicle.
Do not buy a sub $2000 Mercedes unless you really know exactly what the fuck you're doing, or if it's an older diesel.

In fact, now that I think of it, get a later 80s 300SD. You can't fuck it up there and it will be quite comfortable.

Get a motorcycle. You'll have better commute times and signficantly lower fuel costs. Plus, they're kinda fun.

This. Get a small parallel twin like a CB500X

Peugeot 306hdi, around 45/50mpg city

Mk4 golf 1.9tdi/sdi gets 100 miles to the imperial gallon so consider that if you are a true poorfag.

Oi I fucked up, that would be 100km not miles. What I'm trying to say is less than 5L/100km

was going to say that that car is the answer to poverty if it does get this

Not worth saving on gas.
So many people text and drive that you are bound to get into an accident on such a long commute.
The bigger the vehicle, the safer you are.
Is it really worth risking to be a quadriplegic just to save a few shekels?

a motorbike
something like an nc700x
70mpg.
faster than car
can lane split/filter
cheaper insurance
even has a trunk for putting things in
slightly increased risk of death

>slightly

depends how you ride
there's a lot you can do to mitigate dying on a bike

ride atgatt
ride assuming everyone on the road constantly wants to kill you

dont be broke bitch nigga

2k guys a lot gas. Keep your current car. Save money and move closer.