Hey Veeky Forums so I just got myself a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L with 27...

Hey Veeky Forums so I just got myself a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L with 27,000 miles on it from a family friend for an amazing price. It is a beautiful car, Has the Fender sound system and everything. I get a lot of shit for not having the turbo though, but everything I’ve ever researched about the VW 2.5 that they are not putting in any of their cars anymore- is that it’s incredibly reliable, and takes well to some light modifications. The engine is rated at 170hp and is fairly fun to have in this car. However I feel just a bit more would make it perfect. Should I get a CAI under the hood and a magnaflow in the rear? With my calculations that’ll get me between 194-200 WHP, which seems to be pretty good to me, but I wanted some extra opinions. Also I know about the $1500 intake manifold that adds 45hp and no I don’t want to buy it. I am not a speed freak trying to rice out a car, I am just considering better fuel mileage, drivability, and fun factor

>TLDR Should I modify my 2.5 Beetle?

Ever considered the reason it is so reliable is because of no turbo?

It's a quite big engine on today's standards, turbo shouldn't be that bad on reliability. Some 1,5 liter turbo on the other hand.

Yes absolutely, I’m assured that is one of the very reasons it is. It’s also been around for a long while so people who have it in their 07’ Rabbits and 10’ Jettas are taking it over 200,000 miles with regular maintainence, and my theory is that VW doesn’t like that so they have moved their engine choices entirely to forced induction for less reliability. The new Turbo Beetle is a shitty 1.7 with a turbo and makes about the same 170hp my car has.

pretty gay OP

I particularly prefer N/A vehicles. Turbos are for certain Cars and I respect that. The 5 cylinder beetle is a whole lot of engine for that kind of car. The 2.0 GTI Engine seems to be decently reliable and that is turbo, but I’m trying to ask if I should add a simple intake and exhaust. Others have done this and say it works great and is just as reliable, but I am doing a ton of research cause I don’t want to ruin my reliability because I have a VW that can actually last.

And this is why I think Mazda is the best car brand out there right now. None of that turbo shit just slick reliable cars.

Also this 1.6 turbo is a huge cancer here in Europe. Literally every car is some sub 2L turbo which has ‘more HP than a 5L car from 1990!!’ but breaks down at half the kilometers driven.

What do you drive? Nigger who has to hate on others cause they don’t drive the car you like

Oh hell yes, I love Mazda and they are moving in the right direction as far as engine technology goes, they might just be the ones to save the combustion engines from death. My sisters BF drives a fairly new Mazda 3 Grand Touring with a ton of tech and the Mazda N/A 2.5L, it’s a lovely car. Even has a little flip up jet pilot hud on his dash that tells him his speed, navigation, lane positioning, etc.

So no answers to my question?

Leave it stock, maybe tint the windows and if you have fog lights I recommend you tint then yellow that way people know your not a huge faggot

Not even intake and exhaust? Just 100% stock? Tinting sounds good, I don’t have fog lights though, unless I aftermarket

>i want to modify a beetle

>2.5
Kys. It's a shit deal even if it was free. I bet it's a fucking automatic too.

Word is that the Beetle is ending production this year. A stock Beetle will hold its value better than a modded one. You can do minor cosmetic things but leave the paint and the major components alone.

And I bet you're a busrider. Your opinion mirrors your worth as a human being.
>protip: it's shit

OP, even though the beetle is kinda gay, be happy you have a ride and take good care of it.

Nah I drive a v8 volvo

I drove this the other day, turbo and tuned, around 260hp, really fucking fun. Go for it.

I have a golf 2.5, reliable, sounds great with Ed exhaust and CAI improved throttle response (mines a manual) and maybe a little power boost

If you've got a few k to drop you can get to 200hp NA with an intake manifold and tune for 93 octane

Kys u massive faggot

My 5L V8 from 1994 is currently on 330,000km (206,000miles) and still blows no smoke

You and your sister's girlfriend sound like you enjoy soy products.

Did it come with a dental dam?

I was sitting in the back of a late 2000s model and was very unimpressed with the interior quality and overall comfort. Its objectively pretty ugly too. I would probably go for something else european.

why has no one addressed the fact that this retard said a CAI and muffler will get him 50whp

come on Veeky Forums.

I've seen that episode of Engineering Explained too.

My brother had the Turbo S. Fun car, but really not worth putting a bunch of money into it. If anything, buy some nice tires and be MILITANT with scheduled maintenance. VWs will fuck you so hard if you don't.

Leave it how it is, for real. If you want to play with something (which is never not a good idea), buy an old shitbox from the 90s and learn to wrench. Learn about diagnostics and why wobble sockets are fabulous. Old Toyotas are actually a really good starting point. In the end, you really shouldn't be putting an exhaust on your car if you don't know how to do it yourself. Installation fees add up fast.

>VW

I wouldn't waste my time modding a nu-beetle. It's simply not worth it. No respect from any community and 90% of "sleeper" builds end up failing. If you enjoy your VW, upgrade to the performance Golf later on.