-3°C

>-3°C
>Military called
Is driving in the snow really this dangerous or are the British just too retarded to properly equip their cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ft4M2bCym0
youtube.com/watch?v=4Pcdg9m7Dao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It doesnt make all that much sense to buy winter tires for the select few days of snow they get. Few days also means little practice, which again leads to issues in low-traction situations

This is what a lot of people, especially in Britain don't seem to understand.
>HOW COME WE CANT DEAL WITH SNOW IN THIS COUNTRY??? IN (**COLD NORTHERN COUNTRY**) THEY 'AVE NO PROBLEMS!!!!
Yet that angery guy doesn't fit snow tyres, doesn't know how to drive in snow, and doesn't understand that buying tons of snow plows, snowblowers, and other infrastructure to deal with a weather event that happens so infrequently wouldn't make any economic sense. It snows here about as much as it does in Spain despite being so far north

Thank you based gulfstream

probably because this is freak weather, and every year we usually only see a few inches of snow in some parts of the country, so there is no reason to invest as much money into infrastructure and winter tyres, snowploughs, etc as the countries where this is the norm

my god amerimutts are retarded

whatever man, atleast we're not calling the national guard over some snow

What happened did they get a day off work? Who cares?
>snow day

>Is driving in the snow really this dangerous or are the British just too retarded to properly equip their cars?
A normal road in England is about the size of one lane in the US, and you have parked cars on both sides. You slide 10 inches and your in a car.

>London
>British
Look anywhere outside of a large city and the actual British probably handle snow a lot better than the "British" in London.

this

>Few days also means little practice, which again leads to issues in low-traction situations

All of this - fuckwits have no concept of how you'd get up even a gentle slope in the slippery stuff so you see:

>people at a standstill, already halfway up a slope and spinning their wheels, instead of rolling back to a flatter part and taking a run at it, and

>people fucking tailgating those trying to get up the slope, and giving them no space to roll back, and maybe the worst one, which is

>people at junctions meeting the slope pulling out and forcing anyone who might just make it to stop

I mean, I get it - we all want to get home, but just think for a second about what the other people on the road need to get done so that they can get home too.

I think you people are just really bad at driving even though you all proclaim to be godly drivers because you can drive a stick. Git Gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ft4M2bCym0

>Work nights for a transport company
>Carpark is like Antartica
>Get let out of work early at 11:30 pm
>Everyone struggling to get out of half a foot of snow in their eco-box Ford's and Kia's
>Tyre's screeching and squeaking in the snow
>Can smell burning rubber and burnt clutches
>Get shovel out of boot and help them get out
>A few park up in a line to chat for a min, after failing at getting out
>My Scooby has been sitting with heaters on getting all comfy
>Get in it and just nonchalantly drive through a 1ft snow drift like it's not even there
>Plow straight through it without even stopping and just drive out the carpark with ease
>They all look visibly annoyed as I drive by them huddled around like a bunch of penguins
>Mate I'm giving a lift home winds the window down and laughs at them
This is honestly the most fun I've had in a while lmao

we are retarded, theres like 1 inch of snow in my area and that means 100% of everyithing is closed and nobody can go anywhere

This man does this as a job, not a commute.

>+2
>light snow
>all stores closed
>please for the love of god STAY INSIDE
>Ireland

probably this

Government uses public sector workers to improve lives for the public is news to you? What shit hole do you live in where that doesn't happen?

May as well use the military for something useful like clearing road, we could use them for failing to defeat a bunch of sand niggers with zero training and a $50 AK47 replica between all 200 of them like the US military.

Why not? They are a resource you could deploy in this situation to make lives better. You seem to deploy them for a bit of wind on a regular basis.

Git gud
youtube.com/watch?v=4Pcdg9m7Dao

That road is frozen hard. And the surface is pretty rough, so traction. No that difficult to drive on.

The worst roads are right around freezing, or salted. Where the surface has been melted and is a thin layer of slush or water. Very slippery.

nope it's mostly rural roads that get people stuck on as they don't get cleared or exposed routes like the M62.

london hasn't even had much snow

You'd be surprised how much traction you can get just with having enough weigh on the wheels, even if the tires aren't 100% suited to the surface

Its the reason why eastern european truckies can drive through Norway quite often on shitty tires & no chains in the middle of winter and make it. Mind you, they also have a monumental rate of fuckups/accidents compared to trucks from more civilized countries that have actual equipment and knowledge

This is a town center a few over from where I live. It's gritted and everything but it's still pretty slippery. The backroads aren't cleared at all though. I can spin my tires by flooring it at 1500rpm in second gear, and I'm driving a 59hp cuckbox. I also accidentally drifted around a roundabout doing about 12mph because the middle of it was literally ice.

Also, for the record, 99% of people do not own winter tires. There's no point because of how rare snow is, so everyone is driving around on allseasons.

we haven't had snow like this across the country in over a decade, the government is freaking out because they're scared they'll get blamed for stupid people being dumb in bad weather.

>They are a resource you could deploy in this situation to make lives better.
England YES

?
stupid mutt retard

Cheshunt?

I'm just a tiny bit to the south, in Enfield.
I purposely flick my Micra into turns and practice throttle and brake control while in a slide. It's loads of fun.

As for commuting, I have literally no problems at all. I hate being stuck behind people who can't drive.

>Suzuki dealership

Wait, that could be Romford or that kinda area.

There's barely any snow here in south west Wales, yet everything must be closed. It's tragic

It's even worse when you go to the shops, people panic buying bread and milk as if they are going to be trapped for weeks. It was fuck all snow, less than an inch.

Its a nanny state.

as someone from north europe who lived there
Yes they are fucking retarded.
>+3c during night
>all the roads are salted and gritted

Hillingdon, right on the western edge of London.
And yeah, other people are a far larger danger than the snow. People can't drive in the snow and are overconfident and bin it into a bush, or underconfident and doing 5mph in an AWD Mercedes.

Things that didn't happen

micra is best snow car, leave the handbrake on and enjoy

>doesn't get it
>s-stupid...

South West Wales here too, I'm upset we had hardly any snow, was looking forward to some skids :(

This. All of this.
I spent over an hour sat in a fucking boring queue because one brainbroke goober was too scared to go fast enough to get up a hill. So me and several dozen other drivers had to sit through this guy's learning experience which was less than great. But you know full well that this plant pot will have learned exactly nothing.

I hope you join us at Brit Veeky Forums for touge on the black mountain pass. We're planning to go to Shakespeare raceway for a weekend of fun too.

Post a burner email and we'll add you to the slack group

Wew you're giving them way too much cred. They're the main cause our only northsouth transit road gets blocked off once or twice a month here in sweden, killing numerous. Then again I live in pretty much the poorest part of it, so damn poor we can't even afford a central divider but what ever.