Thinking about buying these lighting mods for my 2004 Corvette. What do you guys think of this?

Thinking about buying these lighting mods for my 2004 Corvette. What do you guys think of this?

My factory pop-up headlights are having nothing but problems and I'm sick of their bullshit, so I want to upgrade to these exposed headlights. It's got a 55w HID low beam with the angled cut-off so it doesn't blind people, and a 50w LED high beam for turning the night into day. Should be a nice improvement over the stock halogen shit both in terms of safety and appearance.

The rear lights are just because I think they look pretty cool and I'd like the rear to match the front LEDs. NO MORE HALOGEN REEEEEE

Some more pictures of the headlights in question.

I think they look pretty slick.

Worth noting I'd opt to get the "switchback angel eyes" which means part of the "angel eyes" running lights dynamically turn into an amber turn signal when indicating. When running as daytime running lights it's just a white ring.

don't ruin your car like that man. fix your popups or come up with a workaround. both my headlight motors are fried so i'm putting mini light bars behind my grilles

Those look pretty cool. Looks like the popup conversions from tokyo xtreme racer.

I think the exposed headlights would look better than this shit. The bodywork on the headlight scrapes against my hood, causing this gouge you see here.

I think those aftermarket lights look pretty good, don't you?

Note: My phone apparently flipped that image incorrectly.

Oops, I just realized in my OP image I have the price totally wrong. I accidentally marked 2x quantity of rear LED lights, when it should only be 1x, bringing the total price down below $2000.

Closeup view of the headlights I'm thinking about getting. Note these ones don't have the optional angel eyes I want.

Is that an old PS2 game or something?

looks pretty cool, but spending 2k on small cosmetic mods for an old vette seems silly

It's either I spend a few thousand to get this Vette modified in a way I like, or I finance a new car like a 2018 Mustang GT. Keeping my Vette and updating it is definitely the cheaper option. Only 83k miles on it anyway.

This is what my tail lights will look like without brakes or indicators.

Keep it stock faggot

ay mang, i like doz lites ese.

so the entire point of the c5's styling was centered around the popup headlights, and people put this cancer on it because the headlight motors don't work

fucking americans man lol

Pop-up headlights are aesthetic as fuck, but god damn they are a pain in the ass. It's either the motor, the gears, the alignment, or the fitment, and more, but something always fuck up invariably. I'm just tired of having to worry about whether or not my headlights will actually work since I do a lot of night driving.

Not only that, but even when working fine the headlights jiggle around when in use, causing a sort of fluttering effect to the projected light. Also means I can't properly adjust them because they just randomly find a new position by the time I arrive at my destination.

Doesn't help things that the light projected from my headlights just basically goes to a single blob of light straight ahead.

I should probably just trade for a C6 or something but I totally fucking love my car *except* for these damn factory lights.

seems like you're dead set on buying them so just do it, Veeky Forums's advice usually worthless anyway

This is some of the shit I have to put up with.

Probably could use an explanation there. Bird struck my headlight while going 85+ and the impact seems to have pushed the headlight housing backwards into the hood, creating that white gouge. Now the whole thing is a loose piece of shit.

The rears are a good upgrade, but every time I see a C5 with fixed headlights my heart sinks

OP here. Seems like it's better in every way *except* keeping with the original 1990s aesthetic of the car. It's less weight, less parts to break, less aero drag, better down the road lighting, and draws less power.

I'm just curious how you can like the rear LED upgrade that looks quite modern (not a stock look at all) but not the front matching it.

>fell for the pop-ups meme

pop ups are cool

Asked my dad what he thought of the headlights and he said:
"I don't like the leds. Reminds me of the new Ford pickup leds, but not quite that bad. Geometric shapes that don't match the lines of the vehicle look out of place to me."

I personally think the popups just look better than C6 style headlights. Popups to me look more futuristic, I also really like the "sleeping Corvette" look.

You can get popups with hids and LEDs too, I've priced them out. What's breaking with your popups? I've heard of plastic guides being replaced with metal ones.