What book to read to learn about cars/youtube videos? I literally know nothing, serious...

what book to read to learn about cars/youtube videos? I literally know nothing, serious.... I want to impress girls working on my car on a hot weekend wearing a tank top, sweating and looking cool. and eventually mod my guts/seats etc..
im driving a ford focus right now, its ok. looks sharp, feels kinda cheap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/te6mJQOBU9U?t=28s
amazon.com/How-Cars-Work-Tom-Newton/dp/0966862309/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1519955915&sr=8-6&keywords=car books
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

help me faggots

>I want to impress girls working on my car on a hot weekend wearing a tank top, sweating and looking cool. and eventually mod my guts/seats etc..
>im driving a ford focus right now, its ok. looks sharp, feels kinda cheap

>getting into cars just to impress women
wrong hobby bud
women don't give two shits about cars or carfags

atleast i have a fucking car, whats wrong with a ford focus? better than my last shitty used pontiac.
i beg to differ, i live in texas. honestly, i should just get a truck..

I hate people that ask this. Just spend time on this board and you'll get the hang of it. I'm not asking you to lurk more, post all you want, but this "hurr where do I go" question is repetitive and annoying.
t. didn't know anything about cars until 3 months ago, then I bought a fucking e30

>e30
why do you guys always buy garbage looking cars? is this some elitism thing or do they actually drive good. I rather have a car that looks GOOD and can perform

bait?

Nope. I literally have to ask shit this way on this site for people to even reply anything at all. Guess I’ll hang around this board for awhile and see if I actually learn anything

It helps to know what you want to learn.

You should go to a different place if you actually want to learn how to fix cars, or better yet buy a old car that has well documented repairs or mods and actually work on it. They make entire books and sites for working on cars Veeky Forums just knows how to shill and argue about how every car ever made is shit, you can't even get an straight forward answer to what cars are good

what kind of cars are you looking to fix/modify?

Bait. Get the fuck off Veeky Forums
E30 objective best car

i want to fuks with my car and install new seats first and foremost, and then just general stuff i can do to it and what makes it and bad choice etc. for instance why did the poster above shit on my ford focus?
you probably right, i think ill get a book from amazon and just read. Its probably not a good idea to start on my actual car right.. I mean i could go to a mechanic and get it fixed if i really fuck somethin up money isn't much of an issue.
my ford focus

looks like shit desu :^)
i know you aint pullin any bitches in that

You sound like a retard. Learn how your engine works first, then the transmission, then suspension, brakes, etc.
The fact you want to 'fuks' (whatever that means) with your car probably means you shouldn't even be allowed to hold a spanner.

You're not going to "pull bitches" by working on your 4cyl 4dr FWD econobox unless you're charismatic and/or handsome as fuck. Since youre asking here, youre most likely neither.

get a Haynes/Chilton manual for your car, learn to do an oil change, and go from there. But dont do it to "flex on them hoes". Eventually maybe you'll learn how to install some "dope ass" recaro seats or whatever.

I would recommend a civic or accord for cheap, subaru or another car with a high resale value, buy a cheap broken one fix it up enough or even just service it (keep track of parts you buy and take pictures) then sell it for more then you paid and buy another car with different issues. As long as you have time and money fixing cars is a great hobby

how much is the usual price for one of these like 3k? honestly this is good advice, could make some good money on the side.. You have experience I assume?
solid advice also.
but im actually pretty good looking, and decently fit.. Just thought I'd correct you there. why would I just go and lie on the internet like that friend?

This but only a little, you can tie your car in to help interest girls, I have taught 3 girls stick in mine and showed one how to change her own oil, but it's not like I walked up to them and said hey want to see the inside of my car it's got a stick that I fondle while I drive oh and btw i fix it myself.

>but im actually pretty good looking, and decently fit.. Just thought I'd correct you there. why would I just go and lie on the internet like that friend?
nigga if that was true then you wouldnt have any issues with using your car to attract the wymyns

You gotta do some drive-bys man
youtu.be/te6mJQOBU9U?t=28s

I don't but my brother did, and I would help him every so often. Civics can be anywhere from 1 to 6k it's just a matter of finding a nice one, every so often Veeky Forums has Craigslist threads you can post your local area and get recommendations or get a second opinion on cars you were looking at.

>my ford focus
well, since it's not an st or an rs, it's gonna be kind of hard to modify since there is no turbo which you can just turn the boost up with a tune. The first thing I recommend doing to your car is an oil change, just to get a feel for things, you know. Get a jack, a pair of jack stands and 3/8" and 1/2" socket sets and ratchets from harbor freight. Should all be

YouTube videos are gay you won't learn shit unless your looking for something specific. Check out this book called "How to make your car last forever" buy it on Amazon or there is a popular tpb torrent of it

True but it's fun and helps get an idea of what to do

>YouTube videos are gay
I think they're okay to get an idea of what you're about to do. Yes, nothing will be better than your car's service manual but videos make things seem less daunting. Something about seeing another person do it.

im a trade cuck i literally dont interact with girls at all rn. I need to get back on tinder or some bs but i have internet dating shit now. I'm close to pullin the trigger though.
I'll work on all this shit before probably buying a used car.

Some guy recommended a book, ill try that and probably get this eventually too. will read both by the end of the month. amazon.com/How-Cars-Work-Tom-Newton/dp/0966862309/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1519955915&sr=8-6&keywords=car books

>im a trade cuck i literally dont interact with girls at all rn. I need to get back on tinder or some bs but i have internet dating shit now. I'm close to pullin the trigger though.
hwhen they ask about what you do thats when you be casual about it, but please dont drop the "I work on my car" line until you've at least learned how to change your brake pads + rotors. The other guy you replied to has some solid advice though; get some jack stands and a jack and a socket set from harbor fraud

>please dont drop the "I work on my car"
Lul gonna use just this on my dating app bio now if i make one.
noted

The fuck is wrong with you. Are you literally retarded?
Keep driving your shitty focus, you aren't a car person

uh oh road rage

Reported
Enjoy your ban

SEETHING

dude E30's are ballerific. they look good and drive good. fuck off SN95 mustang owner

Slightly lower and 2 less doors and I would be all for it.

You just get used to them once you start being around them. Start with oil changes, then brakes and it gets easier. Just about any question you have has been answered in a forum or a yputube video. Goggle search: "[job you need done] on a [year make model of shitbox]" and you will have all the info you need. Also girls dont give a shit about car guys

M8, from when I was in high school, this is how I impressed women with my car.
I kept it clean and presentable.
I drove smoothly to the point they were surprised the car was a manual and not an automatic.
That's what gets them 90% of the time. Keep it clean and don't drive like a cunt. Other than that, they don't care.

Just find some car you think looks cool. Then look of builds of the car and look up mods of it on YouTube. Since you care about your Fiesta look up some Fiesta ST mod videos to get you inspired. Later it will snowball into you having bench racer knowledge.