/AGDG/

Shortened OP Edition // Previous Thread: This is a thread for amateur and aspiring game developers and anyone interested in the field.
The OP you're used to is here:
>pastebin.com/geTiMLWZ

Even older helpful links can be found at:
>alloyed.github.io/agdg-links/

As well as a Beta-version /AGDG/ Website at:
tools.aggydaggy.com/#

NEWS:
• Upcoming Mechanoid Jam. It's not a competition!
itch.io/jam/op-mechanoid

• Final Demo Day Fiftee-minus-35 is complete! No one won. It was (Not) a competition.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15

• The first ever Demo Day One-Six begins at some point between t=0 and t=?
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xWZwt2rVFU&t=740s
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/filename/lewd jam progress 01.png/
highend3d.com/maya/script/rh-autorig-for-maya
youtube.com/watch?v=na4KHCO9lO8
stlfinder.com/model/gnome-max/2241287
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=7xWZwt2rVFU&t=740s

What are some good looking non-pixel indie games?

>99% of progress post are "i suk at x", "tfw nogame", "can't progress", "my art is shit", my code is shit", "my game is shit"

How pathetic. Please kys all.

those arent progress posts

>Shortened OP Edition
Literally Insane. Literally.

Sign the card. :)

I am trying to make games but it's too hard

It's time to proceed.
Claim your tile - 275x275px

not gamedev
>not the first post from this IP
pathetic, end yourself

>not gamedev
but it is
we're going to make a game based on /agdg/ together whether you like it or not

May we perchance glance thine game?

>doubt

Who's we?

you, me, him

I progress but at snail fucking pace.
It is all shit tho :^)

How is your game doing?

Okay, here's my part then, fellow yesdev

kys
it's all about baby steps

Be the change you want to see, user.
Where is your fucking game?

>filename
>he's been here for months shitposting every hot subject on /agdg/
you're only an inch above self-pitying source samefags

?
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/filename/lewd jam progress 01.png/

there has been so many of them
please specify

wheres that lewd witch game

bring it back

Dead

>"tfw nogame", "can't progress"
These aren't progress posts.

>1ma engie dev
it can stay dead

there was no game

aggy-daggy bros
whom of you has tried Dyon language?
i have some questions for you

>Shortened OP
Holy fucking shit. Why is this even allowed

Claiming 26 with my shit fortress made with paint.

It was nice taking a break to do something silly. Thanks, user.

>lewd jam """"""progress""""""
nigger you are going to jail for what you did to my /agdg/ you pedo fuck.

They left because of people like now they only post in /aco/ game thread

it wasn't a game
look for it on /aco/

Going to make a 3D platformer, eventually.

After auto-rigging and making making some test animations for this guy, I found out that Cinema 4D's auto-rig is not very export friendly, and that FBX export in Cinema 4D is absolute tripe.

So now I've spent the summer learning how to create a somewhat elaborate 3D rig in Maya instead, 100% manually. I sure hope there are faster ways of doing squash & stretch and other rather painstaking processes in rigging. If I manage to get him up and running in UE4, the rig is almost done.

I'm not sure how to deal with having high ambitions while in the early stages and having no network or resources, AND the fact that those ambitions are for a 3D platformer. Nobody's going to stop me, but I would love to get some help, some good mentors, as soon as possible. We are 5 people overall, but we all know just as little, and only I am actively working on anything at the moment. I would prefer to just work on animation, but in this early stage, I'm trying to do everything at the same time - design, rigging, animating, story writing, character writing, even a bit of composing, just to push things in the direction I want.

Literally no game, just furry stolen """assets""", kill yourself tranny freak

nice crash clone

>it wasn't a game
t. nogame expert

>patreon bait
>game
pick one

make a new OP faggots!

someone PLEASE make a new thread

>your post
>argument
pick one

That's a nice wolf if you made it.

Wtf is this samefagging?

>that feel when struggled for years learning programming, math, art, 3d, sound then finally made a small game and realized this moment in no way gave me happiness or fulfillment in my life so I quit gamdev forever, got fit, a gf, promoted at my job, opening a side business now and going to hawaii for a 2 month vacation at a luxury resort

Life is good.

I think it is time to start working on graphix, this shit is hurting my eyes.

>p-p-patreon b-bait
Shut the fuck up sourcenigger you've been crying about this for over 3650 days now.

>So now I've spent the summer learning how to create a somewhat elaborate 3D rig in Maya instead, 100% manually. I sure hope there are faster ways of doing squash & stretch and other rather painstaking processes in rigging
RigHelper by Nick Dupree. He is pretty talented and has youtube videos describing how to use it. Its easy and free:
highend3d.com/maya/script/rh-autorig-for-maya

Its good you learned how to do that manually, but its too tedious to continue doing by hand.

you forgot the recap link budydy
recap.agdg.io

How can I create stylish smoke trails?

What's the easiest modeling stuff to use?
I just want the absolute basics so that I can see whatever the fuck is going on, not actually make things pretty.

it's a good rule of thumb to just stay away from c4d for games unless you know exactly what you're doing. most engines support it, but i still can't recommend it.
also, that idle looks really good. best out of all 4 easily.

I hope he won't be in the final version. Everything is a work in progress.

>52 posts in
>"D" is already having a meltdown about something tiny
See you in a couple hours.

>over 3650 days now.
Wow. That's a long time.

Keep mewling that name, retard. Chaser of winged insects. Winged insects that own you. Forever. You are 100% fully dominated by Him. Wow.

why aren't you using a standard material with dim lighting? It's not as eye raping to work with.

please give me yous

Because I know fuck all about graphics and just picked whatever let me soo individual tiles while I had yet to implement tile height.

just look at how ruined and failed the op is

this thread is a shitposter and pedo thread

why did you expect progress here with an op like that

Use blender for modelling, its only complexity is getting used to the hotkeys.
For textures the only program I know is focused on them is Substance Painter, but it costs money.

youtube.com/watch?v=na4KHCO9lO8
>don't do 3d
>corona
>lua
>steal assets
>don't ever expect your first ten games to be able to be sold
really makes u think...

why do nodevs make videos like this when theyve clearly never even made a game??

>Listening to a guy who made games 50 years ago about starting making video games in current year

Hmm, really makes me think

I just cracked open a "Don-de-Dieu", a fine 9% Triple Wheat Ale. What are you drinking today, /agdg/?

>tfw no boys to crack open cold one with

Why does no one ever mention that modelling is piss easy and all the skill and final impact comes from texturing?

>modelling is piss easy
Show some of your human topology then.

Because that is wrong. Feel free and post your desk, lamp or other basic hard surface shit and act like it proves anything.

modeling is a pain in the fucking asshole.
work with anything over 10k verts and re-evaluate that statement.

Post YOUR work.
Not something you took from an asset website.
stlfinder.com/model/gnome-max/2241287

>work with anything over 10k verts and re-evaluate that statement.
Shouldn't you be using subdivision surfaces/multiresolution modifiers at that point ?

Just water, mate. I gotta stay focused for my studies. No coding for me today.

It's only through perseverance and tribulations that you will succeed. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Wow. It's amazing that they let people like him post on youtube.

I need ideas on this matter.

The protagonist is is completely alone, and I can't move the story forward without dialogue. Since soliloquies are somewhat out, I thought about creating a character to turn soliloquies into dialogues.

A daemon, representing the "voices in the back of the head" of the protagonist, thoughts running in the background. Which form should this daemon adopt?

I thought about these:
1. Adult version of an estranged childhood friend.
2. Black winged angel version of oneitis*.
3. Corpse version of grandfather/grandmother the protagonist didn't get to know.

*Girl the protag is totally into, despite having interacted very little with her.

Ginger ale.

>drinking beer at 11 am
what the fuck is wrong with you you dumb nigger

realistically at that point you should be sculpting and retopologizing+baking out normals, but subd works too, yeah.

Diet coke because I'm a basic bitch

tfw making no progress

Forgot to mention. The daemon is invariably sardonic and bitchy, has a spooky as fuck voice, and looks like specter. Also, no eyes. Just sockets.

Does it ring a bell?

Water.

Hence why the multiresolution modifier, which allows you to sculpt on a subdivision surface. Kind of.

orange cool aid.

I finished my game. Finally. The end of all progress.

For you, for free:
melonodev.itch.io/waves-of-vapor

>literally
>*cluk clink*
>*glug glug*
neck yourself fucking meth pill addled faggot

This is like seeing a panda give birth in captivity.

Congrats, user!!

Congratulations my good man.

I'm making a game like Bubble Bobble and Zupapa.

How do I make money off of it?

after coming back to game file, I realized my code became really disorganized since I'm learning from tutorials right now. I scrapped everything I had and rewrote it all using everything Ive learned, and added wall jumping, checkpoints, and a basic powerup.

i'm using a generic placeholder player sprite from opengameart, unfortunately bridget wont be part of the game for a long while.

>you paid money to make this
lol

add on lewd content. 5.50 a pop.

modeling is only really done for hard surface objects/environments these days, and even that stuff is moving over to sculpting

it's all about topology now, no one cares that you can box model and it's elementary as hell

well shit I accidentally made a vapor material
I guess I'll keep it and use it later

>Shortened OP Edition

>if you're just starting out, do small 1MA projects to learn
>if you want to be strictly an engine dev learn something like C++, if you want to just like make game learn a higher-level language with a framework/use an engine
>if you want to make a commercial game, working with a good team (or with someone who does good work via commision) is preferable to 1MA
>if you're going to start a team/company with someone, make sure you know them and that they've actually finished games in the past
Actually doesn't seem that out of touch.

>reading the OP

+some refactoring
draggable is now a behavior that can be used by anything, the smell of clean code is great.
it's time to work on selectable behavior

the op isn't for you, retard
it's for people new to the general and for shutting down shitposters who try to be hilarious and spout shit

no-one is going to bother with a dumb website, let alone one that still says demo day 12 is the next one

>Piston(Rust) renderer's (0, 0) is 25 pixels outside the screen
wat the fuck!!!

did you get your jump to work

Made a new gun. Combine the machine gun and grenade and you get the missile barrage.

The idea is that it's bad for 1v1s but great for groups.

fuck off, ironic samefag
shortened op is not a good thing and not because of some kind of old imagined boogeyman that's kept relevant by a bunch of cretins who think they're being funny