>2018
>almost no new cars even offer the option for a manual transmission

Why? They could even charge more for it, yet here in America it’s pretty much a no option.

Manual issa 2 complicate
Automatica fassa

Because they don't move enough volume to justify adding complexity to the manufacturing process. Do you really want a manual Camry though? Most affordable enthusiast tier cars do offer manual since companies know there will be some demand. The ones out of your price range don't because they know their market is over 40 and have no interest in manual. Not terribly complicated. Manual was only prevalent in the past because auto hadn't reached a refined enough level for people to justify the premium it came with at the time. The average consumer only wants convenience and to save money.
The reasons for Americans opting for auto goes back to the post-war economy and our freeway system.

the fuck is that from?

cause people are retarded and don't want to learn something new.

It's a joke about tractors

Americans aren't people

None of this explains why it isn’t a custom order option at the very least.

Because of emissions.

>Prius
>auto only

I don’t think its emissions

A big part of the reason is that the manual transmission option has to be emissions certified separately from the automatic and that process can cost millions. Couple that with a low take rate and even having the option isn't worth it.

Because the effort to provide that option is apparently seen as cutting into revenue by management. Some companies offer it like Subaru. You can get a manual shitbox by order. If you let your opinion be known by buying one of the few that offer the option or participating in some grassroots campaign or some shit, the trends may shift. Your buying patterns dictate the offerings. The problem is our sort is going extinct and irrelevant. No reason to cater to like fucking .001% of the market.

>tfw want a big comfy luxury suv
>nobody even offers one with a manual

Range Rover offers it everywhere in the world but North America

There's likely a bunch of international shipping and operations bullshit that makes it unfavorable for them to offer the option. They'd likely lose money on it. Similar reasons why the grey market in the US was lobbied away by Mercedes and we now have the tasty 25 year law. They didn't want to offer the better version of their cars in the US and deal with emissions, so they were losing sales to people grey importing them from Europe. They cried to the government and now this is the world we live in.

US manufacturers actually seem more committed to full manuals at the high end and with performance cars. The Europeans increasingly only offer manuals on shitboxes.

Corvette with 7 speed sequential when?

Don’t forget Porsche

>sequential

would confuse boomers

When will you people admit that manual transmissions are a thing of the past? This is like complaining that there are no cars with a hand crank available.

>almost no new cars even offer the option for a manual transmission
Only in third world countries with

>America
Found ya problem, mate

Everything below the compact saloon (included) comes with a manual box for standard. Some manufacturers offer a manual box on the base, bare-bones mid size executive saloons such as the 520d, but that's where the automatics starts.

Its the same really as it was 10 years ago, its just that most of the cheap cars of today also have the option of an autobox. Even fucking Dacia got an autobox as an option.

A luxury car with a standard transmission isn't a luxury car

Range Rover doesnt offer a manual autobox in Europe since the LR322 back in 2002 bub.

The only big comfy luxury suv that still offers a manual box is the current Land Cruiser 150 Prado.

Actually, more and more shitboxes recieve the option of an autobox, but it comes standard with a manual box due to cost reasons.
If you want a cheap, under 10k euro car that will get you from A to B, then you dont need an autobox, parking sensors, lane assist and all the other stuff.

In fact, VW made their entry level Up! so cheap, it begs belief. The base trim VW Up! starts at 9,900 euros and is the same size as the older Polos.
So what you get for 9,5k euros?
A 1.0 TSI 75 bhp engine, 4 doors, folding rear bench (no separate seats), a lamp in the back, some airbags, manual AC, powersteering, manual operated side mirrors, power windows only in the front, start stop system, a 3.1 inch Radio CD unit straight from the salvage dumps, and 14 inch steel wheels. and a 3 spoke steering wheel with only height adjustment.

If you are going for such a barebones car, you dont wanna spend money on an autobox.

This is true? If so explains a lot.

I'm 23, I need a new manual car, fuck autos, really. I need to shift, shift is love, shift is life.

1962 Freightliner

>got a '98 GT
>mfw learning stick with an old/stiff performance clutch and a car where breathing on the gas pedal sends it to 1.5k rpm

After a few outings, I can at least putt around town without bogging out. I still need to get down taking off without lurching the car forward, which is apparently something most people new to stick have trouble with.

>A 1.0 TSI 75 bhp engine, 4 doors, folding rear bench (no separate seats), a lamp in the back, some airbags, manual AC, powersteering, manual operated side mirrors, power windows only in the front, start stop system, a 3.1 inch Radio CD unit straight from the salvage dumps, and 14 inch steel wheels. and a 3 spoke steering wheel with only height adjustment.
This actually sounds beautiful and I want one to put a ZX14R engine into. Cars have gotten too damn fancy.

Shmee150 did a ride along with some pro driver in an Up on the burger ring, and the dude was straight up walking on a Scuderia.

Buy a motorcycle. The transmission is inches from your weak, fleshy taint, and you feel every bit of it.

Civic, Accord, Corolla, Camry, Tacoma, most VWs, and some base model pickup trucks all offer a manuel in Canada and probably the US too.

CVT

This is the only relevant answer.

In the US you have to do additional crash test certification for different floorpans for various transmissions. It's prohibitively expensive, especially since manuals make up less than 10% of cars sold. I know this is the specific reason why the Dodge Charger Hellcat and Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio don't have a manual in the US

Disturbing af famalam

How? I understand the importance of driver skill to a degree but damn

Only in america.
You buy shit you get sold shit.

Have fun, enjoy shit like jap cars having better versions everywhere in the world but america since americans can't appreciate cars. They are like women crossover buyers.

The one at the back is mine. You're actually describing the middle trim, the base trim has a 59hp engine, hand cranking windows and a five speed manual.
It's enjoyably chuckable in the snow, even with traction control trying to ruin it.

>yet here in America

I guess we'll all have to step up to bro-trucks if we want to drive a stick. Fuck yea!

Fake news

Auto's are faster and more fuel efficient and can be manufactured or sourced for cheap. Most boomers and such that grew up driving stick have no desire to drive one anymore because it's "stupid" and "why would you shitt when the car can do it for you?". It's hard to text and drive stick so that's why modern people don't want manuals.

Thankfully Toyota still offers a manual in the Tacoma. The problem is manufacturers know they are going to sell vehicles regardless if it's auto only. Nearly all new manual Tacoma owners would still buy it if it was only offered in auto.

Someone should start a company that builds cheap manual tranny swap kits into standard cars so the people can swap to manual even if everything is sold automatic. Maybe I should do that.