Anyone else just get to that stage of driving where you own a fast car but never push it anymore?

Anyone else just get to that stage of driving where you own a fast car but never push it anymore?
>take your time going the speed limit
>stays in the right lane on the highway all the time now
>ride my ass all you want im going the limit
is this a sign of growing up?

I think so

Buy a slow car and push it to its max every time you drive.

I'm surprised people my age (21) push it in traffic. Maybe it's just me, but I keep going fast to isolated areas. It's a commute dude, not a racetrack.

I have the opposite experience
>Get mazdaspeed3 as a college graduation gift
>Never push it because I can barely afford to fix shit on it
>6 years later, finally have a decent job
>Start beating it like it owes me money

Yaris ia or brz?

The roads are nice tho.

But can you still have fun on the speedlimit?
Imagine the others going 10 less.

I didn't say don't have fun on roads, just not around people.

Its a sign you dont belong here.

*GT86

No it's a sign you've become a jew that doesn't want to pay for gas.

What car?

Oh no, youre becoming a boomer

Nah. I’m balls deep in the throttle every chance I get. When I go to hiawassee, I blow past all the boiracers in their miatas and toyobarus even though my car is a pig fat turd.

What car?

The Miata drivers must not know how to drive

Maybe.
But there's nothing wrong at all with just driving with total chill.
In no rush, there's less you need to worry about or prepare for if you just cruise along. less wear and tear, less gas, less stress. It's a nice feeling to enjoy driving like this.

Yep. 35 here. I've driven this way for about 7 years.

Although occasionally i'll blow the doors off some toyotobaru, mustang, camaro, etc to make the owner rage that they got btfo by a mid 90s shitbox.

>thinks beating toyobaru in a drag is an achivement
Wtf is wrong with america giving liscences to mentally ill

Nah, I’m an ex racer, but got the thing because I have kids, and it brakes better, corners slightly better, and accelerates way fucking better. But it’s funny to see the ones who actually think they’re going to beat me up the mountain because they have delusions of grandeur. The Miata is superbly balanced, and way easier to drive at the limit, but my turd has more grip, more power, and better brakes.

>implying you could beat my tarbo miata with upgraded suspension/brakes
lol stay in the slow lane gramps

ok you probably could up the mountain but not downhill

>implying a miata driving gayboi would spend the money on a turbo and suspension/brakes and not bleaching his asshole for his boyfriend
lmao

>not having enough money to do both
kek, get good oldie

I drive a 2004 Corvette with a fair bit of performance mods done. I don't drive like a 90 year old grandpa, but I also don't push my car in traffic. It's pretty hard to push my car in traffic considering 0-60 is under 4.5 seconds. Not really any roads or highways where you can push it and still be anywhere near the posted speed.

I know that feel. Half way through second and I’m breaking every speed limit law in the country.

>tfw you don't use gas at all

>calling everyone who is more responsible than you a boomer

2014 Avenger rt

Dang, Hiawassee? I used to go to school in Dahlonega.

thats because fast cars aren't necessarily fun

Got a lake house in Murphy, NC, thrash the fuck out of it from Helen to hiawassee.

Obviously meant for:

No it's a sign that you bought the car to compensate. Driving a fast car like a grandma is on the same tier as bro'ing out your truck and never going off road.

I'm in OPs position but I don't think its because iv matured because when I get on my motorcycle its back to retard mode.
I think its because I bought a brand new jeep and baby it too much. I'm never gonna make this mistake again. Will always buy cheap shitboxes that I can push to the limit

Yup. I've flipped my car, but it was on an empty backroad at night. The shit I see people pull on dual carriageways in rush hour traffic boggles my mind, if you're gonna go out in a car accident at least make it a hoon not a stupid manouevre into the over taking lane.