Personally, I'm glad that the new Focus is ugly and the RS will have an electric hybrid powerhouse...

Personally, I'm glad that the new Focus is ugly and the RS will have an electric hybrid powerhouse. That all just makes my RS all the more valuable. I'll admit I kinda worried the mkIV would make the current model irrelevant but those worries have been relieved.

Looks huge

looks the same to me

It's like 5cm longer

>what do you want senpai?
>econobox my shit up even more

say no more

It's a bit better than the current one, but not much.

y'all're blind.

It definitely doesn't look much better but the current one is hideous so it was never going to look worse.

you're blind. i don't know what standards you're comparing the focus to but the current one is at least the second best looking hatchback available today, behind maybe the golf, i don't like it but i can see its appeal. the front end on this new prototype is a mess. and the tail lights and head lights stick out like gross tumors, the silhouette is okay but the rear door is really lazy too

Hopefully this fixed the shit interior.

It's a Focus, so no. You'll never get "good" interior on a Focus. But no one buys a Focus for the interior. The interior is good for a Focus though.

The interior isn't that bad, desu.

>focus to but the current one is at least the second best looking hatchback available today,

Haha, no, it's one of the ugliest.

The RS specifically has a weird interior because every journalist either hates it and calls it crap and says it's a 40k car with a 20k interior or they say it's magnificent and perfect and almost a luxury car. It's like listening to people talk about 2 different cars. My only complaints are that there Recaros are really hard to climb out of, the wiper stalk is a cluster fuck, and the Sony takes up so much space for having so few buttons. I think people who complain about modern day car interiors are just desperate to complain about anything. Go drive a 2009 Dodge Avenger and then complain the Focus.

It looks like Volvo made a deformed 4 door version of the Hyundai Veloster.

>not sure if i should grab an ST now considering theres no guaranty we will even see one for 2019 MY

They'll definitely make one, might not be 2019 but 2020 for sure. But if you want an ST, you really gotta get the RS. The ST is fun but the wheel spin and torque steer are such huge boner killers. It's really frustrating pushing the pedal and fighting to barely move. You can probably get a really good deal on a 2017 if any dealerships have one still sitting around.

please explain why you put Chloe picture when talking about volvo and hyundai...

>please explain why you put Chloe picture when talking about volvo and hyundai...

>Several reasons
>Chloe = intelligent genuinely good person, fucked over by circumstance and depression living in a borderline White Trash environment
I live in the microcosm of Los Angeles county which should explain my reasoning

White trash here drive Volvo and Hyundai commonly.

White trash drive Volvos if they're white trash due to having come from previously wealthy families and degraded to White trash due to partying/drugs and are still driving the old Volvo their family gave them when they were 18 into their early 30s. It's also common for these types to drive older 90s Mercedes, BMW and Lexus vehicles (always in the most efficient trim). I don't fully understand how these peeps lose their way, I assume through bad parents or drug addiction. Sad either way.

White trash also drive brand new Hyundai sedans (Elantra and Sonata) because Hyundai will finance you if you have good credit even if your wages are low because that's what the average middle class Korean lives like and they look out for people in similar situations through empathy (former Hyundai-Kia employee here); Hyundai managers have somewhat of a benevolent Confucian take on upwardly mobile poor folk so are totes down to finance poor peeps if the can prove good credit (thus presumably meaning intelligence and responsibility) even if a customer is poor, as poverty is often circumstantial. White trash driving this type of vehicle can also be found in Fords (Fusions, Crown Victorias, F150s, Rangers ETC)

That pic also shows a great duality of things that supposedly don't mix but do anyway due to circumstance and force. Similar to the bizzre Volvo styled by Hyundai styling found in the new Focus.

I overthinkg every post I make and can go more into detail if you'd like but that's an abbreviation. Chloe is also best grl.

it's possible to make a powerful, fun, responsive hybrid powertrain
it's just really fuckin hard

Maybe but the people who want a Focus RS don't want hybrid tech. A lot of people were upset enough just because it was AWD.