Hey Veeky Forums, please help me with my auto predicament

Hey Veeky Forums, please help me with my auto predicament.

I have been saving up this year for a fun car. I have $6k saved up from working shitty backbreaking jobs, and can finance another $6k from a dealershit or maybe a credit union if they approve me. I really, really wanted a 350z, but there are literally none in my state (MA). The only ones I can find are high mileage, automatic, or convertable. The same thing with g35's. It was a crushing blow, I wanted this car so badly and now that I can afford one there are none left.

So now I don't know what to do. I'll need a new car soon and I want to get something fun thats not a civic si. I drive a 2008 si with 170k miles and I was hoping for something rwd or awd. Or even fwd as long as it came with more than 200hp and handles well. It also can't bankrupt me if something breaks, like a bmw. Any suggestions? Its starting to look like the only thing I will be able to drive is an automatic econobox with no soul.

get one of those two-wheeled cars instead

you wait for a proper used car, doofus, sit on the money.

Florida is cheapest place to buy cars. Plenty of Zs. Check it out, and consider flying down and driving it back. Guaranteed rust free, if nothing else.

MR2 Spyder, and then save up for a 2zz swap kit for ez rwd meme machine that goes toe to toe with 300hp cars.

Dude have you checked other states in the northeast? The distance between you guys is so small, getting to Maine for you is like me getting to San fransisco

If you have your heart set on a Z, why not just hold onto the money and keep building it up for a little longer? You've waited this long, no need to get antsy. Wait for the right car to pop up man, you won't regret it.

The obvious play is to wait until one shows up

holy shit, keep banking that money man. no one cares about a 350z, keep driving your shitboxtill it dies and then get another shitbox or better yet get a bicycle. by all means if you have a million dollars and and never have to work another day in your life, then drive whatever car you want.

This is what I'm going to have to do, but I will need a new car in the next 2 months as my clutch is about to explode. With the way things are going I don't know if I'll find any though. Even carmax has 0 manual 350z's in all of their north american locations. Going to my bank to see if they will give me a $5k loan so I can buy private party as soon as a deal comes up. Even with private party there is only 1 good condition one within 60 miles of me. Did not think this care would be this fucking rare.

I might consider this, but it seems like a huge headache and I would have to save up at least 12k for it to be worth it.

This will be my DD and I don't have the resources to do an engine swap nor the time. Also a 300hp mr2 would be twitchy as fuck, albiet cool

You can find a 350z for 12k easily. It’s just a matter of finding a clean one, they’re reaching shitbox status at this point

The G35 auto isnt that bad. The gear selector does a decent job of responding to what i want. It doesn't like me shifting early

Get out

Buy private party, dealerships are always a ripoff. You can get a loan from a credit union easily.

The suggestion to fly sonewhere and get a good car and drive it hone is good advice. A one way plabe ticket to anywhere in the eastern seaboard is like $150, couple hundred bucks to get home, so what. You were abiut to overpay 2k at a dealership for a rust bucket, obviously travelling isn't a bad option.

Excuse my typos please I'm retarded

Nah, a 2zz will hit 200hp with a decent exhaust, not that twitchy. It's just the car is barely 2000lb and mid-engined, with the weight perfectly distributed over the rear wheels. You'll win practically all stoplight 0-60's because the takeoff is so e z and fast

>DD
Don't forget the 2zz is a toyota reliability meme in disguise. Economy, power and durability. It's objectively their greatest engine. Engine swap kits are cheap, set aside $300-500 bucks for labour and you're gucci. Don't forget you're still driving a perfectly capable fun machine with a 1zz engine; you'll beat an 86 in it, just not the JDM meme-mobiles with huge turbos.
Turbo kits for the 1zz are also an option and make the car fucking speedy, it's just you don't get the fun factor of safely revving to 8.3k revs, knowing the naturally aspirated engine doesn't need special snowflake turbo maintenance.

Would a credit union even consider me? My credit score is 630, but I'm putting 50% down.

Also, I was under the impression that to register a car in MA I would need the bill of sale and bring it to the dmv. Does this mean that I go to florida, register it down there, then drive it home? I would love to do that desu. Any anons that have done this, your advice would be appreciated

Don't finance a shitbox. Spend your 6k cash on something interesting of save more for a nicer car. Post your local Craigslist.

>Would a credit union even consider me? My credit score is 630, but I'm putting 50% down.

That's up to you to research and ask around, user. This is a mongolian vehicle postboard, not a financing institution.

Can you also trade in the Civic? They will e more then willing with a decent trade in and 50% down

That's because it's built by Yamaha.

And end this meme. The 2zz is the same as the 1zz until about 6000rpm. The extra power is literally all at the top end and you can only use it if you swap in the celica 6mt as well.
It's seriously not worth it for a DD.

Stop meme'ing the 2zz, it's a great motor but I doubt op will be able to do an engine swap.
On another note a MR2 spider is a great daily with just the normal motor. You won't be winning any drag races but it's incredibly fun and quick.

I really wana buy one and put Porsche 677 badges on it

kys

You probably don't even get the 677 part