/ovg/ - Eternal Forza General

Welcome to Forza General. VKGT3 welcome also. GT and rally discussion is frowned upon

Previous Thread:Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-competizione-get-first-answers
projectcarsmoddingteam.weebly.com/downloads---project-cars-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for boredom

rip that bmw

racing games are shit nowadays

Name a better game

Anyone know any Asian leagues in AC that are still active?

>on my way home
>snow
>roads have been gritted
>picked up four pint cans of stella and a bottle of wine from tesco
>had to make it quicksmart home
>going as fast as I can in leather soled brogues
>slipping everywhere, hektik as fuck
>miss by bus by like 35 seconds
>really mad
>realise that the fucking huge caynon of snow/salf would have made it impossible to board the bus anyway
>walk like 850ft down the road, figure i'll get the next stop instead of ruin my shoes in the snow
>phone dies due to cold
>see suzuki jimmy
>four fucking letters on its licence plate
>1200 quid car, being favourable, fucking multiple thousand pound licence plate
>think to myself, what the fuck
>continue my walk
>get home and polish my shoes

What's people's deal with private reg's? I can make sense of it if it's cheap, but a four number reg surely never made sense to put on a cheap car, even 10+ years ago, what's the scoop?

driving games tho
AC4lyfe. all about dem hillclimbs and tarmac rally n shit

>90s street tyres
>FD vs R34
>Usui Pass

super mario sunshine

A S S E T O
C O R S A

>available as an upgrade for the r8
>wing without topbox available as race wing
>normal forza wing available as sport wing
>listed as a forza brand part

turn 10 knows we want a wing that doesnt look like it was bought at autozone. it also comes with antennae

sans box

When is VKOVGT3 getting finished? We could have started something new and actually fun like 1960's F1 cars.

Assetto Corsa is one of the best simcades i've played in a while

Physics worse than Need for Speed.

3/10

>They had to extend the Feb bounty hunter event into march because they promised a car that's not even in the game yet
>Next month slated to have ANOTHER SUV
>Special car dealer still on fucking repeat
why is turd10 like that? I just want my forza edition XJ220. I got a 4:00 at lemans. Fuck off already.

The collision models are shite.

virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-competizione-get-first-answers
They explicitly say it's not a spinoff, but it's clearly not AC2, it clearly has limited ("more focused") content, and they keep saying they have limited time to develop it.

Sure sounds like a GT3@Spa spinoff.

It's the official Blancpain GT3 Series game what don't people understand? It's the GT3 equivalent of F1 2018.

>what don't people understand?
>They explicitly say it's not a spinoff

Probably the same people that didn't understand why GTR and GTR2 only had FIA GT cars

You're just somehow getting confused because they put Assetto Corsa into the title, despite it being F1 2017: GT3 Edition. It isn't a spinoff, they're just putting Assetto Corsa into the title to ride the coattails of the success of AC1, rather than having to create an entirely new name. See also: Forza Horizon series, GT Sport, Need for Speed: V-Rally etc.

I completely understand making a "more focused" game. I'm just wondering what kunoz are going to do after release since they explicitly say it's not a spinoff.
>forza Horizon series, GT Sport, Need for Speed: V-Rally etc
those are all spinoffs dummy, exactly my point

>ovg trans-am KILLED to make way for gt3
>still no new series
What the fUCK

transam was on sunday

You can sell your number plate in the UK, he would have got more for the plate than that shitbox BMW it was on.

transam died because no one joined lmao

>I'm just wondering what kunoz are going to do after release
hopefully continue working on the game since despite leaving early access itll still be a mess and a half if AC1 is anything to go by

>no mention of weather, just day/night cycles
They're not actually going to release another sim without rain are they?

I don't remember any mess aside from meme-complaints on Veeky Forums. And in any case, post release for AC1 was mainly content updates, which obviously isn't going to be a big thing in ACC. Again making me wonder what they're gonna do after release.

They've confirmed rain elsewhere.

the various tire model and ai updates are pretty major

Yes, but they were absolutely not a "mess" beforehand. They're also not going to be able to sell you incremental tire model improvements, which means development after release will be very limited unless they turn ACC into AC2, which they say they wont.

I want to fucking die after spending so long trying to make something out of FH3 free roam. Big map and hundreds of cars, so what does the average player do? Take their S2 power tune that handles so radically different from the car does at base and hold RT to see who can go in a straight line faster at the airport. I had a better time finding good free roam racing in GTA 4 fucks sake, what a waste of potential.

console crowd's gonna console

>expecting good players in Forza multiplayer

there isn't all that much to do in free roam, perhaps if you find lobbies organized by people who give enough of a shit to do what you want

/ovgwhiplash/ when?

make it happen fag

but I'm not The Spork

Has anybody here Project CARS 1 or/and Shift 2 installed?
If so can you download Lexus LFA and Lykan Hypersport mods, run through .exe which checks if one owns a game and upload files? I don't want to spend 30h downloading games I won't play, just to install these mods. Thanks.

projectcarsmoddingteam.weebly.com/downloads---project-cars-2.html

DO YOU NOT FEEL ENGAGED?
DO YOU NOT LIKE SETTING A TIME AND WAITING A MONTH FOR THE BOUNTY TO STOP SANDBAGGING TO GET CARS?

start no contact street races. it doesnt carry an event flyer so more people will accidentally join and though many will quit youll get a few who try to race

This, or 1970's F1

>like racing
>like driving
>find sims tedious
>spend hundreds of bongs on them anyway
I don't even know why I'm here.

Don't buy into autistic drivers meme? If you follow the advise of some of these autists they will claim that you need to have all the possible tedium to enjoy a game and if you aren't willing to spend 8 hours a day on your hobby grinding away then you don't deserve the fun.
Pick something simcade to start off, something with a fun and easy to get into carrer or something, throw in some nice music and have fun. If you find a sim game that isn't a barebones simulator, move to that and have the same kind of fun with minimal hassle.

Mad as FUCK that I just missed out on this by like 30 seconds.

we have cool league races, you're probably here because racing is fun that's not necessarily related to in-game handling. i mean, a bit more of skidding in assetto, a bit more grip in pcars2, but in the end quality racing in small group of autists who behave properly will be just as fun no matter how tedious sim you use

>we have cool league races
>there are no leagues running

w-well
from time to time, we have cool league races

DiRT 4 is easily the best racing game i have ever played, the handling is great, the graphics are great, the courses are great, it even has a great soundtrack. And there are a lot of cars to choose from. I really love the Dirtfish rallyschool, it really teaches you how to be the next collin mcrae. The stage generator is also amazing, you basicly have an infinite number of stages to play and they all look so great. Hope you guys will buy DiRT 4 too so we can start a DiRT 4 league.

Gotta wait for another broken GT3 mod.

The trailer is literally raining at Spa ffs

Raining at night.

>from 2014 to 2015, we had cool league races
ftfy

RSRBR league
w h e n

I enjoyed this.

>tfw console toddlers are taking over /ovg/

yeah this when are we making our rally? or participating as a team in some simdad rally event?

when it simulates 300 bhp on gravel

gm btfo

just do the midnight battle a second time. if you need more than 2 youre a doritoholic

>muh realism

this lmao
who wants to drive american cars?

Can never have too many FD's, especially at that price. Even if I didn't want to keep it I could easily resell it for 5mil+.

RIP in Peace Billy Herrington

yes yes youre right we should do it on rally2k because its the best

t. rally2kguy

If you spend too much money on upgrades it's impossible to get enough money to buy all of the cars.

damn rip larguu

Don't buy upgrades because the rubber banding is so extreme it won't make a difference.

"could be"

Where can I see a video of that orange car braking too hard and rolling over?

Gonna dump a webm or 2 here, just some skillful totally planned dorifto.

good, this place has long and beautiful history of drift webm appreciation

looks like a manlet driving

thanks for all the space, friend

[spoiler]this one felt a lot more impressive while it was happening[/spoiler]

iracing mx5 cup is really helping me perfect my "recover after getting slammed in the ass on one of the first 3 turns" skills

>slow mo
webms ruined

When does this get hard? I'm on tier 21 and still winning races by 10+ seconds

>wide open
>jumps the kerb and runs wide
bruh

it's on Unreal Engine 4

>>Look, Simba. Everything the light touches is part of the track.

iracing is really helping me perfect my hold back until half the field has crashed skills

Are there any racing games even worth playing on PS4?

And this means nothing by itself.

there are plenty of working examples amd purchaseable middleware for doing time of day and weather on UE4, the amount of effort required by the AC devs is pretty low compared to teaching your own engine those tricks

>mfw in the top 5 65% of the time so far this year just by virtue of not being a lap down

Is it backwards compatible?

i have 3, i can give you one
(protip: FD is shit and you should feel shit)

These modules include any tyre and track surface related simulation? THey have anything to do with tyre models and, by any means, model the way water accumulates forming ponds or how different tyres react to different amounts of water on a track?
Since the answer to all these questions is "No", you can go fuck yourself.

If you enjoy that tactic you'll love Forza.

I don't, but my irating is shit and I'm racing against retards that try to hit the apex when you're on the inside and try to pass you every single turn. Just trying to get my irating up and hopefully get in some decent races.

Keep at it lad. You'll escape the shit pit eventually.

i'd imagine the AC team is capable of implementing the physics portion of it, it's fancy graphical effects they seem to have trouble with

It can only get better.

bump

Add me on XBL if you're serious about giving me one. My gamer tag is in the first post I made.