What if you build it so that instead of using a belt driven by the crankshaft to spin it...

What if you build it so that instead of using a belt driven by the crankshaft to spin it, the exhaust gases would spin it?

And don't give me that shit about just making a turbo. There are snailshell-shaped superchargers, too.

Pressure from Exhaust Gases can spin a small little Turbine but

They ain't moving that shit.

Nuh uh.

What advantage would this give over a regular turbine? Are they better at moving air/more efficient than a turbine?

Either way has a point that it's way too heavy to move with exhaust gas, and you'd still have lag.

Too much drag. It might spin at high rpm but it would be very inefficient at generating boost pressure. It would likely be more of a restriction than anything.

Doesn't a well tuned and pullied procharger rid itself of most parasitic losses of a twin screw with no lag like a turbo?

Is the Procharger the master race FI?

Belt slip

twin screw superchargers require too much power to spin the blades. you couldn't ever hope to make as much boost with an exhaust turbine hooked to that thing than you could with it just running off the crank.

Put it on a chain.

Why not do it the other way round? Take the blowy part of the turbo and spin it from crankshaft. Should be much easier, no?

You can always add more drag with gear ratios.
There are and are called centrifugal superchargers.

Let me show you why you are retarded.

see

>durr there's gilmer drives for every application a supercharger is available for

Can air even pass through a roots/screw superchager if it's not spinning?

I feel like it would fail on the count of there being no airflow before it spools.

It can but it won’t, air gets pulled in by the displacement of air caused by the rotors spinning

The only advantage of a centrifugal is ease of install. Aside from that its the worst of superchargers combined with the worst of turbochargers.

Twin-screw or go home.

What makes it the worst? It seems to only take the good?

I require proofs user

Centrifugal superchargers are just turbos on belts you dumb faggot

Simple bypass valve from airbox

It's constant drag on the engine, like a twin screw. It only makes peak boost at the top end, like a turbo. Prochargers are for doing boost half-assed.

Biggest problem with a centrifugal supercharger is the fact you're limited to a fixed crankshaft ratio, unlike a turbo.
>It's constant drag on the engine, like a twin screw.
Kind of, but it's lesser drag than a positive displacement pump at least.
>It only makes peak boost at the top end, like a turbo.
Actually, it's even worse. Because of my point stated above the centrifugal blower has to ramp up in a linear fashion, and is substantially less effective over midrange than a turbocharger, where as a turbo once into its boost threshold can hold higher intake pressures for a broader spread of rpm which is dialed in with throttle placement.
Obviously the Centrifugal pump won't have a throttle response latency (lag) like an exhaust driven turbo though, and in a kit form is a relatively easy install like previously mentioned.