youtu.be/tPvKu0VnxrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mm0Oy4w48dA
youtube.com/watch?v=f8SHZ7QJuJo
youtube.com/watch?v=PzMlbWrSAH0
youtube.com/watch?v=69-J2m_GyhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for street driving, loudness is the only thing that counts desu

Also top speed runs and filtering

You hear this a lot: "A thread died for this." While accurate, this phrase generally carries no weight. But just this once, if you would do me a favor and hear me out, it would do all of us a lot of good.

A. Thread. Died. For this. You woke up this morning, poured yourself a bowl of Faggot Flakes, moistened them with your impotent Faggot prostate milk (which IS in fact impotent, because you're a fucking faggot) and, within seconds, decided that today of all days would be the time you decide to cut your synapse firing quota by just a little too much.

So you hopped online, carved out this uninspired chicken scratch, probably failed the captcha once for every strand of peach fuzz on your half-empty sack, and clicked Submit.

At that moment, a thread died. A thread that could have been bumped. A thread that could have been resurrected with content, or valuable discourse between its denizens. Hell, it could've even been bumped for absolutely no reason. And that would've been okay. Because, had it survived, a few more seconds could have been spent without having had your abortion of a post been born in this world.

Bump

Did your tard wrangler let you use the computer by yourself today?

>shitty copypastas

i kekd tbhwu
>inb4 samefag

suck my dick from the back

Remember when nfs used to be fun?

it was never fun. You were just younger and gave less fucks.

a real driving sim. (ones that cost thousands of dollars to set up) are actually fun if you are a grown ass man.

t h i s

1+

being a kid is hell of a thing

>muh realism
Shit taste, asetto corsa is alright though.

>he thinks I was talking about asetto corsa

lol.

>there are people who spend money on shit like this instead of buying a cheap car and taking it to the track
The STATE of Veeky Forumstists.

This is exactly what I don't understand. Why don't you just go buy a kart or a track car?

>real grown ass men play big boy video games
No they actually go to a real racetrack
How much did you spend on that set up you nerd?

I dunno but it's a lot more fun, makes me wish I never sold my mr2.

honestly that is an extreme version which I admit is expensive.

People usually make cockpits of their own which is much cheaper.

>No they actually go to a real racetrack

>grown ass men can't do this because I said so
>grown ass men can't both go to the race track and in the off season race using their expensive simulator

really stimulates the synapses

>How much did you spend on that set up you nerd?

It belongs to a buddy of mine. He owns this place crimsonsimulation.com/

>Why don't you just go buy a kart or a track car?

>implying everyone has time to go to the track
>implying that owning a simulator and having a race car/kart costs exactly the same

boy youre dumb as shit.

Most Wanted is probably the most glorified NFS game ever while not being really that good.
Also I'm beating The Run on extreme difficulty and NFS 2015's prestige is a cakewalk compared to this

literally could have a miata at a track for that and it would be 10,000 times more fun.

porsche 2000 was good

NFS High Stakes was the absolute peak.

youtube.com/watch?v=tuOOuarA7xA

Porsche was quite ok but it REALLY went South with the whole HipHop faggotry and the Underground series. What absolute shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4StTjnaqVls

>forgot the Hot Pursuit series which was absolute kino

Hot pursuit 2 was fucking amazing. On free roam you could beat the cops and they would give up. Also that the intro cinematic with the Lamborghini Murcielago and Ferrari 360 spyder. 10/10 game intro

youtube.com/watch?v=hx4pRlt21F0
>this video
>this song
>this game
damn

what went wrong with nfs series?

2bh Payback was kinda fun but it doesn't feel like a NFS hence the hate it got (that and several other reasons), it's time to kill off the brand.

Also what was your favorite map anons? I really enjoyed Seacrest County

My man
>that comfy scenery driving around the world and sexy tracks
>dat soundtrack
>The cool exotic cars that are now considered classic now
Playing as a cop and pulling racers over was fun as hell back then EA was good
I still have the CD Rom but when I try installing it I get an error msg

another thread dying was worth the hearty kek from this copypasta

Reminds me of (I think it was the Celtic Ruins) where I had a spot where I always took the bents way too fast but was lucky that right in that curve there was almost always an opponent so I just slid sideways into him which made him crash but stopped my car from understeering and got it back on track without losing too much speed with the benefit of having one opponent to care about also.

It was a magical NfS time.

[crashing opponent angrily honking his horn]

>mfw Atlantica
>mfw Lost Canyons and those fucking ruins

Back in the day when EA still had Porsche servers online I would win just so I could make everyone else wallride 959s at Monaco

Budget for GOOD tires, GOOD brakes, suspension wear, the mandatory pre and post trackday oil changes, and an early engine rebuild and then get back to me.

Regularly tracking a motorcycle with exactly half the shit to keep up with costs me $1000 a month, $1500 that month when it ate a valve despite them being in spec (i bought a new engine off a totalled squid chariot)

I'm replaying it now and it's definitely remembered best with rose tinted glasses. Every car just spins the wheels through first, trying to pit the cops will just push your nose into the wall with six 7-tonne Pontiac GTOs surround your car, and if you're lucky enough to get moving again the cops can go from 30mph in first to 30mph in reverse in less than a second. Carbon was so much more fun and the cars drove so much better.

lmao this is what rich parents would buy for their retarded child who would never be able to drive. just buy a real car my man

celtic ruins was top comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=wQhZ5AYgDvs

I like that canadian road with a train going on

>with a train going on

Oh the autistic joys of this game

>park M5 directly to the tunnel hole where that train always spawns anew
>wait till train spawns and goes to town with those poor M5 polygons
>meanwhile all other NPC opponents try to win the race

Karting is pretty expensive compared to a DIY sim rig. 4+ grand for a decent TAG kart, they eat tires, and are super fickle with brakes and carbs.

>hot pursuit 2
Between that, Gran Turismo 2, 3 & 4, and San Andreas, is my childhood up to high school.

My gf used to do that to me while thumbing my butthole

Feels good man

are you dumb read this this nigga knows

still my favorite intro sequence. When the cop car Diablo powerslides in holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=N3yDf8lkGEY

Move aside kids, this was the best NFS.
youtu.be/tPvKu0VnxrQ
>all them car showcases
>dat music

this game singlehandedly got me into cars when i was 8.
>tfw goin 240mph in the mclaren on the snow track and rocketing yourself over that bridge

FnF happened

or you know, just actually driving a car like a real man

Why not both?

youtube.com/watch?v=mm0Oy4w48dA

youtube.com/watch?v=f8SHZ7QJuJo
I hate that NFS is dead. nu-NFS doesn't count.

Seriously am I missing something? It's always brought up as a classic game but I remember even as a kid I thought Most Wanted was ass, it's a downgrade from something like NFS Underground which was the actual peak. By that point midnight club was better too

Racing is very expensive. The cheapest kind there is drag racing and enjoy breaking cars after an amount of time, or crashing.

A sim rig can cost, say, 2 or 3 grand including the PC, but every time you turn it on, you don't need to bolt on a fresh set of slicks to the rig, or trailer it to the track, or replace worn out brake pads, or fix broken body parts, or rebuild broken down engines, or replace broken down transmissions, or install a roll cage, or put in class level safety seats, or put on a fire suppression system, or replace the car when you crash....

That's a proper rig though, you can get a used wheel for less than $200 and still dominate people with 2k worth of Fanatec stuff. Assetto will run on a toaster too

GO BIG OR GO HOME COMPADRE!

Well I am one of those guys using 2k worth of Fanatec stuff

Good lad.

Carbon was unironically some of the most fun I ever had while playing a racing game, shame it's a rushed 0 content game. If it had more cars and more detailed tuning like Underground 2 it would be the best.

I played Carbon as an adult and it was just as fun as i remember.

> most wanted
> rubber band logic

that was not fun

underground 2 was far superior, the car selection just kinda sucked

Yes, it was long before the game in the pic.

>NFS II SE

muh nigga, that was my shit back in the day. I thank it for getting me into cars like

Need For Speed HS is lot of fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=PzMlbWrSAH0

>NFS Underground which was the actual peak.

To be fair High Stakes is like Hot Pursuit 1.5, especially on PC where you have access to all of NFS3's racetracks.

>Also what was your favorite map anons? I really enjoyed Seacrest County
Empire City, Dolphin Cove, and Hometown. Twenty years ago, today, and forever.

>tfw Saki Kaskas is fucking dead

>HD
Gross, man. The original games have a pretty damn solid art style, where the cars are just detailed enough to not stand out against the almost stylized environments. It's something that's really hard to nail down perfectly and would have turned out a lot worse had the devs gone for full photorealism outside the car showcases.

I can't believe how fucking good NFS2's showcase music is and each track is only a goddamn minute long. Best main menu music in the entire series by far, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=69-J2m_GyhI
Why does a game from 1997 with basic graphics and physics, no career mode, no tuning or nitrous or body kits or EMPs or anything feel more futuristic than a modern arcade racer?

i'm playing through most wanted right now and holy fuck the rubberbanding is ridiculous, after like blacklist #13 or about twenty minutes into the game ever race becomes "cross your fingers and hope the AI fucks up or else it's gonna fly past you at 250mph ten seconds before the finish line", not to mention those goddamn S-curves like the ones by the prison that the AI fly through every time and the player physically cannot keep up the same speed
also the brown'n'bloom is really dated but some new textures helps a lot and the morning, evening and storm skyboxes and weather are really underrated and incredibly comfy

Is that Hometown? Damn that looks amazing, where is that screenshot from?

The COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY vocal samples (especially woman not able to shut the fuck up + endless laughing loop) absolutely destroyed this otherwise incredibly beautiful classic. That version has so much nicer synth pads than the short version used in all those games.

What a fucking shame.

I love the orginals, but the fact that somebody is still willing to keep the two decades old game up to date, looking for best cars and tracks available out there, is admirable on its own.

Seacrest county is HP10's map
My fav HS map is either Aquatica, Atlantica or Lost Canyons
All I do now in MW is meme runs with modded cars

What is the best arcade and sim racing game on steam right now?

I managed to climb up to #7 however after that you have to pretty much do prefect runs in every single race.
The Toybota Supra even tho is overpowered it can't beat the AI flying by at 400km/h. A trick is to not install NOS in your car, as the game somehow balances itself and gives you a bit of fair game.

>best arcade
Burnout Paradise

>best sim
Assetto Corsa