youtube.com/watch?v=ziX_f7rdFD4
youtube.com/watch?v=8s564PxsoC4

>How to Prolong Your Toyota's Life
youtu.be/J4GdKtDCmy4

Previous thread:

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Post your engine bays, lads.

>tfw fucking arctic polar stratospheric shitstorm borked and now cold air is bleeding to northern hemisphere making winter longer
>tfw have set a vacation and bookings at workshops to get new flywheel balanced, clutch installed and rollbar fabricated
>prognosis is slush and low temperatures
fuck

I installed a push to start switch where that useless 'Toyota' button was last week.

Fuck you, it's fun.

Has someone ridiculed you for it?
I think that's kinda cool.

Your engine bays are hot, anons.

Also thanks for adding me to the montage

I was thinking about something.
Say I were to remove the t-vis, what would happen.
Would I gain any performance?
It's toyota's proto answer to variable valve timing, but all it really does is modulate air intake.
I would lose mpg, but with the engine breathing fully all the time, would it run any better in the low rpm's?

Got a pic?
I've seen some push to starts add in a really terrible fashion. I'm curious to see how you did it, and what it looks like.

1997 Carina E wagon.

From what I've read, no. There's no reason to remove the T-VIS unless you've put bigger cams on. You'll lose power at the bottom.

Ok, thanks.
Was just kinda curious.

Quick side note tho, my aw11 pulled and had a faster top speed than my friends frs, both stock.

It goes like this, the T-VIS in the big port basicaly allows the mixture to flow into the cylinder with higher speed, when one of the butterfly valves is closed. This makes the mixture spread more evenly in the cylinder at higher RPM, above 4200-4500, this is not needed, so the second butterfly valve for each cylinder opens.
Small port engines don't need this, because the mixture is flowing at higher speeds by default. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, if you want i can find or make some pictures that would explain this better

Anyone got any 1.3 XL (or rather 1990 Corolla manuals).
2E carb engine.

All I find on the net are malwared and adware...

>it's a /Late Night Wawa Hooning/ edition

Post wawa hoons.

>pic related

Rip
Thank goodness the Midwest doesn't have snow anymore

Can I post if my car isn't Toyota?

What brand?

Maz-Uh, Eunos.

Do it, I'm curious as to what the feedback will be

Waited a little too long on a pink vacuum set after seller accidentally sent me this 'red', only took a couple days to fuck up the pink colour.

Thanks. I killed the thread.

Lol tg is usually dead.

I think I kinda do.
I never say no to things that explain things. It's always good to learn.

Ended up going to denver, like an hour away, after asking. I wanted to take the mr2, but it being such a nice day and my friend taking his corvette I had to go with the honda today.

Finally got a nice IS200. Gonna put Celica on hold to wait for better times.

that celica is niccccccce. defs the weekend toy.

that lexus is the pos out of those two for sure.

my 2016 Camry's cup holder is the perfect size for my fleshlight with the Lexi Belle pussy mould. On long trips and during LA's gridlock traffic I can work one out to relieve some stress. Also the leather seats make any semen spillage a breeze to clean-up (gets a little stinky after a while though since I'm just using the Chipotle napkins I keep in my glovebox when cleaning).

lucky nigger I always wanted that celica. You're a double nigger if you don't make sure you put a set of pic related on eventually

Lexus is a really nice change after DDing Celica for almost 7 years. So comfy

Then i'll be a double nigger. I like my white TSW Imolas (pic related) with big nuts that match the car. Those 5 spokes are a "temporary (for 7 years)" solution for winter tyres.

hot

FUCKING BLUPRA

best car ive ever driven

Nothing beats the feeling of turning a key to start your car user

What's this hood?
This isn't a gt4 right?

I realized that my question could be taken negatively, so just in case im just curious, would like to get your opinion of it if it isn't gt4 since it's one of the cars I'm considering to get but mostly I've heard that only the awd version is worth something, but it seems that noone that I talked with owned one

I love your Celica
Ever do spirited snow driving in your awd pseudo rally car?

What is the second best car you have ever driven?

Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? This is in regards to a mk1 manual mr2 i was looking to buy.
"the vehicle starts and runs, but can only drive short distances because as soon as it warms up it loses all power and can barely limp down the road"

Any ideas?

I am thinking about buying a TOYOTA CAMRY SOLARA 2006 2DR CONVERTIBLE V6 AUTO for 4k. I would like to buy a cheap convertible where I can sit my wife and my son. I think it is a great car, however I am also interested in buying maybe an old bmw or audi. what you think?

I'm half tempted to agree with you.
I think it's tied with a Z32 for me tho.

check for rust and how it rides. if ok go for it

Absolutely wild guess, but maybe something with the intake?
It's hard to say without looking at the thing.

I will post my for now

how much did you drop for that set up?
also whats your gas mileage at?
>7mge poor fag
>tfw 7mge parts lack meme tax

Never thought I would see a Corolla iM at a track day
How are those little hatchbacks anyways for handling? At the very least, the look much better than a standard corolla sedan

I found some guy parting out his car. What should I take for my celica? I only need one headlight but I'm taking both. What else?

Hi haven't posted in a lil.
Where are my ricers at? I wonder if anyone remembers the bottom pic from 2015

Anything electronic that isn't a common service item, any bits of trim that aren't great on your own car or have a high chance of being damaged from minor accidents, interior trim, mirrors, tail light lenses, and if you can be bothered digging, grab the heater core (and A/C evap core if you/it has it), since they're sometimes hard to find.

Do Lotus 2zz's use the same lift bolts and lift oil control filters as Toyota?

this guy is asking $8,250 for this.. is he smoking crack?

Im an ausfag so i dunno about gas mileage, but its gets around 400kms from a tank on 98 unleaded and just over 200kms to a tank on E85 with some hard driving. Not the best for fuel consumption, but I have a daily driver I normally just potter around in.

Damn thats a cool before and after

That's the stock GT-4 hood. And im thinking about changing it to the fwd version hood, to make it abit sleeper. But for that im going to need to place the intercooler behind the bumber.

Yea at winter its a joy to slide throught corners. I have taken it once to a tarmac track but it ain't much fun. Ice track on a lake however...

Kim??

조용히있어, 개

You may be thinking of the RC edition
I would go with pic related lol

yeah, thats the one i had in mind, my bad

bump

I've test driven one at a dealer last year. It was ok a bit more fun than the previous gen matrix. It's still an economy car though nothing special.

i have only driven 12? cars, but driving the 96 jeep grand cherokee was fun

Some of you may like this thread, there are lots of old Toyotas:

my mr2 (auto) kinda has the same problem sometimes. it'll start but then after a second it goes dead. to solve it, i start it, then very quickly put it into gear and practically floor it. for a while, ill have to constantly keep one foot on the gas or else it'll go dead.

if i were you, i would google the problem to become more familiar with it and how to fix it. it's a great car overall.

Do y'all have any tips for finding a good turbo MK3 supra?
I live in Florida and I'm having a bitch of a time finding any decent ones

The bolts holding the axle half shaft into the differential backed out, causing the half shaft to flail around and in the process it lost the steel cap that holds the grease in the CV joint. Can I just bolt it back up without the grease cap? The diff stub mounts flush to the half shaft anyway.

Road trip from BC Canada to Northern California hitting a ton of spots along the way. My old 3.0 doesnt like the heat and it looks like Death Valley average may temp is 38 Celsius.

I'm trying to keep my cooling as optimal as possible. Anything I can add to the cooling system to help with this? I was going to switch to a 70/30 mix of water to coolant

Just search, you might have to travel a bit. I went top of cali to san diego just to look at one with a friend and it ended up being a pile. Just find one that has good head work done.
Collage?

Posting insurance cause im too lazy to go outside

Likely something ignition related, especially if it has no trouble starting and driving while cold every time. Heat soaks into stuff like the distributor sensor coils and the ignitor module, making them play up.

anyone here had some experience with yaris ts?
how was it ?

Where did you get that bumper? Really nice desu

Can you add me to the OP pic?

Its a is250 rear diffuser on a 96 rear, the previous owner did a shitty job so i have to remount it and respray the rear when i stop being lazy

Thanks for participating user.

Year? Land cruiser right?

If I get added to the collage I ask for the pic to be changed if I get a better one.

Also, this should work as proof and collage

Can I ask*
I'm a terrible typist.

Yes, 1987 LandCruiser

Can I get in on this as well? '11 Tacoma.
Proof of ride incoming, use pic related please.

wrong file

much better

Thanks for cooperating user

Yes you can update it any time. What year is your mr2?

Still waiting for proof

Oh yeah, forgot. 1987
Thanks.

Thanks fo contributing user

11 taco
Thanks for your submission user

It's so fucking hard to find parts for my '83 Starlet.
People aren't willing to buy my mint-conditioned running car for more than a grand but are willing to shill $350+ for a pair of damn rear taillights off of Instagram.

Buying shit from other "CAR GUYS" is so damn frustrating.
I don't understand.

What model is this?

MR2 AW11

I'm looking into purchasing a Rav4 in the 2010 - 2012 range. I head there are transmission issues with the V6. Is this true, if so what amount of risk is there? Should the V6 be avoided?

Gonna post my tiny boi later, it’s raining right now and I don’t want my bread getting all soggy

Is that a 2ZZ-GE?

How hard was it to swap in?

Here's the tiny boi, bread on hood delivered in advance
Am I Veeky Forums's first iQ owner?

Yes
What year is smolboi