Why was Ford the first one to discover ecoboost technology...

Why was Ford the first one to discover ecoboost technology? The same tech is in the GT which is the fastest street legal vehicle ever around vir.

why hasn't anything better been made in the entire auto industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

schwartzperformance.com/1978-1988-g-body-monte-carlo-chassis/
youtube.com/watch?v=PxV9kFJ5_ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Geez that pic makes it sound like Ford invented the turbo itself. I'm pretty sure you can thank the 90's Honda guys for realizing the potential of boost on a reliable small engine.

It's pretty crazy when you think about how much time and money the Germans and Italians and Japanese wasted on auto tech research, coming up with these stupid gadgets that don't work like superchargers and turbochargers, and then Ford comes out of nowhere and blows everyone out of the water with Ecoboost, breaking records, necks, and egos at every turn. I wonder how long it will be before BMW and Chevy and them start copying Ecoboost.

It wasn't Ford, it was FEV Europe GmbH. A German group obviously.
'murica could never come up with something like this you silly child.' muritrash engineering is caveman. We here in the first world are civilised and smart.

co-designed*

You can thank saab you underage dumbfucks

>production side-draft turbo
Oldsmobile was nuts

it looks like they did that so they could keep the original intake manifold

Checked
>there will never be a new 442 or Cutlass

>DI + Turbo is a new thing
they just gave it a name dickwad

>Why was Ford the first one to discover ecoboost technology?
Ecoboost is just a marketing term for their turbocharged cars. It's nothing new.
Fun fact: Ford's rival GM were the first to use it on production cars, beating Ford by I believe 20 years.

Nobody gave two fucks about Saab you idiot. Boosting small reliable Japanese engines and blowing the doors off v8 is what got the attention. Go back to school son.

>TURBO ROCKET FLUID
What even is it

>DI
>Direct Injection
That setup is NOT direct injection retard

Get you a G Body Cutlass nigga

The last 442 was a FWD car that dominated IMSA racing, the Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais Quad 442

I know, but if you want the last bastion of RWD Olds goodness you better get you a g body

>overweight
>underpowered
>V8 incapable of making power
>can't handle to save its life
It'd be a neat project, but you'd have to save up for a pro-touring style frame for the thing to be worthwhile imo.
schwartzperformance.com/1978-1988-g-body-monte-carlo-chassis/

>The same tech is in the GT which is the fastest street legal vehicle ever around vir.
ummm

>3400 lbs fully loaded
>over weight
Nigga, you have no clue if you think that's heavy, you can throw out all the useless shit and bring it under 3000lbs, also the engine bay is big enough for a 454 BB, and Hotchkiss makes suspension setups so you wouldn't need a "pro-touring" frame, people turn G body's into oval track runners all the time, and they're capable of turning right as well

>10k for a proprietary chassis
No thank you

>442
>Fwd

Woah that's a big engine in a small fwd car

>Quad

Oh, right.

but rack and pinion steering with the option for an IRS. Along with a lighter but stiffer frame.

The stock frame of the G-body will not support Rack and Pinion steering.

As a former owner of a G body, it doesn't matter about rack and pinion, also you can modify whatever to make anything fit in a g body, but fuck paying ten grand for a dedicated chassis to a car that in all likelihood will never see a proper track like VIR, also a panhard setup is cheaper and will give you the majority of handling upgrades so a chassis swap isn't necessary

Correct. This allowed them to be able to swap in a 4-barrel carb in a pinch, which is what happened to most of them since they were prone to seizure from lack of maintenance.

I actually thought OP's picture was a 3d simulation of people fucking doggystyle.

>25 fucking replies
How many months has he been making these threads? Why do you morons still reply?
Saged. Would report but captcha hates me.

Why can't Ford make a reliable engine anymore?

>He doesn't know

then why it use the block from a mazdaspeed
and yes i know that it share no parts with mazdaspeed engine.

bmw makes piece of shit products.

Not sure if retarded or failing troll..

i feel awful for Europeans if your standard of living is truly this low to create people who behave in this manner

>Ford was ever building reliable engines to begin with

>Be Ferd
>Cucked to Obama
>Corporate Average Fuel Economy sneaks up on them
>"But muh F-series"
>Make the FULL aluminum body truck no one asked for
>Displacelet engine that's fine in a honda, now in a 5,000lb truck that's expected to haul and tow
>Intercooler setup and turbos in a gas engine
>"Hurrr but isn't extra complex or requiring extra maintenance, who cares about simplicity and reliability in a pickup truck"
>Make Ferd GT, put an ecobootht in it as a gimmick to sell more Ecobootht trucks and cars to appease the EPA
>"SEEE, IT'S IN A RACECAAAAAAAR"
>Make the Raptor, put a V6 in it
>"SEE IT'S IN OUR HALO TRUCK, BUY IT FOR YOUR TRUCK"
>Fanboys claim small displacement boost engines will fully replace V8s, full aluminum bodies "coming soon"
>2019
>GM and Ram, still have V8s, still have steel beds
>Heavy duty trucks that are expected to actually haul and tow regularly, not running ecoboost engines in the superduty
>WonderWhy.webm
>Maybe it's a fine setup in a smaller car, and totally fucking out of place in a big truck or "supercar" that was once a V8 sexmachine.
>Start making every car look round and sad
>Lose identity of most beloved vehicles, catfish edition mustang from Chadmobile status
>Start talking about self-driving plastic electric shitmobiles

Mfw, what was once my favorite brand, sells out to cucks

>Drive the displacelet, bigot.

By typing it like ecobooth over and over it makes it easy to find out who the assblasted GM fangirl is

Fords 2014 lineup is better than its 2018 lineup.
Sad.

Ecoboost isn't good enough for a ring king time so the other brands don't want it

Heavydutiesvare diesel for everbody.

Ecoboosts still out perform and gets better MPGs than the other light duty trucks.

Oh, and the CAFE mandate was signed waaaay before the Obama Administration.

You mean those engines they based on designs licensed from Mazda (MZR)?

As always, Mazda is the answer

With technology from the Krauts.
America, just like Thomas Edison, only patented and marketed what others came up with.

>Ecoboost isn't good enough

Post could have ended right here

There’s literally nothing wrong with an aluminum body. I live in MI and brand new trucks here will start rusting around the edges in as little as two years from the temp swings and salt etc.

They’re lighter to boot and as thin as they are, they undent just as well as steel panels.

It’s not as though your body panels add any strength to the car. Even if they did, aluminum is stronger per lb than good steel, and truck body panels are fucking potmetal low carbon steel.

>Aluminum bed
>Drop a toolbox
>Sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

>the 90's Honda guys

How about the 80s Chrysler guys

>brand new $50k truck
>be the one guy too cheap to get a bed liner

Nigga you dumb. Even the trashiest old gmc shit trucks have bed liners.

>Bed material too weak on its own
>Liner literally required for strength purposes
>"Nothing wrong with aluminum"

>Aluminum + plastic
>Practically indestructible and still weighs less than steel
I fail to see the problem

>Still not as good as a steel bed with rhino liner
>"Weighs a little less!"
>Like most truck buyers give a fuck about mild weight savings vs material strength and durability
>Ferdlet confirmed

>aluminum
>doesnt work harden and eventually crack
>isnt inherently less stronk than steel due to malleability

hhahahaha

ford only sells vehicle to the poor weak and stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=PxV9kFJ5_ro

Ford raptor with piped in exhaust sound turned off, and on.

>So Alpha, they have to pipe in noise
>srs

>ford caved to liberal pressure

>GM
>"Hold my beer"

Can we stop please

>like most truck buyers aren't women who don't have any inclination to using their truck for working

>Women buying all these ford trucks

Ah, then I retract my statements about 2.7 engines and permeable grocery bins.
The ford is just enough truck for a lady.

>mmmmmmmmm'lady

>all them light weight materials
>in a huge truuk
???

>100.7%