>Can't drive because of depression

What's wrong with Bongs?

Don't be a moany faggot who advertises his depression then

>have depression
>cant visit doctor because of fear of losing license
>cant work without license
>depression increases
lmao bongs wtf

no lie I'd kill myself if I was mentally ill in the uk. you lose a shitton of freedoms and are severely limited in what you can do

god fucking damn i was gonna book an appointment to talk to them about my issues

surely if i tell them i don't have any self harm feelings or motivation for violence it'll be alright?
driving and motorcycles are the only things keeping me sane

>"doctor" prescripes you SSRIs that only dull your emotions - all of them
>"it's meant to be used with therapy m8 the drug is just to keep your depressive biases from interfering"
>therapy is ineffective because most depression (in men) is based on emotionless, logical evaluations of the shit state of the world and their lives in it, so it takes a philosophy major to try to argue you out of it
>psychology major is not philosophy major
>therapy barely works, "doctor" just tells you to take the pills until you feel like you don't need them
>become a serial killer later because your sense of empathy is as dulled as your sadness, and your bloodlust runs far deeper than either of those things (optional)

It's just not worth it and based on as much or less science than "shrooms and weed can cure depression dood" but pharma fatcats say it's the way to go anyways. Because the regular antidepressant doses make them a lot of money.

Try free will then shrooms

Sometime before 1707 according to OP's flag. Apparently he is too stupid to know what his countries flag looks like. I have to wonder if denying him a licence is probably a good idea.

Get out of my country.

well if you can't let people with mental illnesses buy guns why would you let them drive cars which are significantly more dangerous?

Because driving is a necessity and a pleasure.

Just don't tell the insurance, you'll be fine

>meanwhile American drivers licenses come free with a purchase of a vehicle or firearm

>drivers licenses come free with a purchase of a vehicle or firearm
If that doesn't sound like paradise something is wrong with you

It really doesn't. A license is supposed to be a certificate of qualification, not just a bureaucratic hurdle.

>have depression
>have drivers license
>father has Bipolar disorder and used to drive

You must be in a terrible state m8, hope you get yourself well enough to drive again

Is anybody in that disgusting shithole not depressed? I mean just reading the shit from there makes me depressed. I shudder to think what living there must be like.

nationalreview.com/2018/03/british-school-touching-snow-forbidden/

>be Asian man in bongland
>get driving license right off the boat
>buy van
>confuse sidewalk with road
>praise your God for forgiveness of this mistake
>get arrested
>get money
>live in nice bongvilla

>Asian
i get it but i aint laughing

complete bullshit
i have clinically diagnosed depression and anxiety and had no problems getting a driving license and a motorbike license.
never even heard of this before.

>people knocking on your door demanding you pay some sort of tv license

>Asian
Isn't it how you call your new peaceful friends over there in bongland?

>you can be denied your personal liberty in this country for being poor

not a bong

What country is that?

you don't have severe depression

>be aussie
>driving home from work in my ute
>pulled up for random bad goy roadside test
>highway revenue raisers face turns from power drunk smirk of superiority to angry
>"what's that in your ashtray"
>was replacing fuse in the back of my head unit at smoko and still had the butter knife I used to get it out in the ash tray
>"I-it's just a butter knife"
>instinctively reach to grab it to show the zog boot that it wasn't dangerous
>cop pulls tazor thingy on me and yells for me. To get out of the car
>cuffed
>body searched for concealed weapons
>car searched for drug
>every 2nd tool in the back of my ute falls under their definition of a dangerous weapon and I have to justify how it relates to my job for each
>eventually released with a warning and my butter knife and $300 bolt cutters confiscated
>defects ute for no gear pattern on the gear stick knob
>"have a nice day and use your brain next time you're pull over"

>you can gain a motorcycle license in this country for filling out a form and riding around a cone

Don't forget
>try to stay at home and watch tv to forget about depression
>can't get tv license because depression

Yeah you're right it's much better in the US where you can still buy an assault rifle even if you're mentally ill.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Poors are obviously too stupid to deserve any personal liberties.

Either this never happened or Australia is even worse than I imagined

In terms of threats to society high way patrol are way up there. The actively make people hate cops with the ridiculous behavior they push and it blows my fucking mind. Every time I get pulled over for RBT (read: he has Japanese plates he must be doing something illegal) They give me shit and attitude for all kinds of dumb shit they have zero clue about. They tried to ping me for to low while I was off the edge of the road on fucking lumpy grass once. I actually had to call my best mates dad who's a senior inspector to tell them to fuck off. The two worst police officers i know of are Officer petit in vic springvale area and a guy known as the raptor in NSW.
This monumental cunt in NSW defected every single car in the Queens Street shop, one's that were clearly being worked on included. They're on a massive power trip and the senior officers need to get ontop of them. Take a fucking leaf out of NZ cop's books.

shit i didnt know this

We have no equivalent to a bill of rights in Australia. Cops=gods.
Yeah, I have close to no respect for the police force. Worst part about the whole ordeal was about a month later, I had a few Abos break into my house when I was away working. My gf called them up during the break in and they never even came out. She called up again the next morning and was told they were too busy. She had to go down to the police station to report it and get the insurance shit done and that was it. I'm sure if she had said there was a gt-r doing 4km/h over the speed limit they'd have been there in minutes.

It's funny how much y'all meme about Australian cops being assholes. I've never personally had an issue, and I drive an unroadworthy shitbox, an unroadworthy AE86 (also shitbox), and a modified Chaser.

The car that gets pulled over the most out of the three of them is the unroadworthy shitbox daily, and only for RBTs because they more than likely think I'm some poor cunt on the grog in his shitbox. Never had a defect notice, never had an officer question me about modifications, and never been harassed about anything on the car at all. So I'm pretty inclined to believe that most of the police haters here are talking rubbish.

No you can't, batfe would deny your stamp if they found that shit.

Where do you live? I've never met a car enthusiast with a positive opinion of the highway patrol and at least on Story

Also post pics of the tofu machine. If you aren't restoring it, you should sell it on.

And you barely have any there as it is.

I've been pulled over in my jzx100 chaser about 5 times randomly. I've only owned it for a year lol.

is me

that's completely arbitrary. Americans say the same things about guns

Yes. There's nothing wrong with that.

Actually it is. Your country is a massive authoritarian shithole.

Absolutely wrong.

before talking to your doc tell him how important driving is to you and ask for assurances that he won't pull some gay shit. if he says "oh well you never know user" then just leave. but at least give it a shot because it may help you out.

Stop being a fucking pussy and man up then

People that are depressed just want attention from us mentally sane people

This is such bullshit. The problem isn’t with therapy it’s with the individual. Many have overcome depression through CBT combined with antidepressants. Some people just don’t want to get better because it’s difficult. Easier to remain depressed and avoid your problems than to man up and overcome them.

And before you say something like, “You don’t know about depression,” I was a chronic hard drug user that repeatedly tried to kill myself and was prescribed antidepressants and mood stabilizers. I’ve been totally sober for the last 3+ years and haven’t been depressed for at least 2.

Why not just pretend you aren't depressed? That's what i've been doing since age fifteen.

>the american peruses his television guide under the flickering light of his damp, roach-infested living room
>thousands of variations of Lizard Lick Towing and Storage Wars dart across his screen
>every channel he chooses is showing it's 30 minute commercial break instead of his desired 5 minutes of Big Bang Theory
>a single tear falls from his eye
>his spherical face begins to redden
>fiery liquid shit begins leaking from his rear
>he fishes his 2005 Thinkpad out from the hole in the wafer thin drywall his house is constructed from
>he opens up Veeky Forums
>"hey britbongs don't forget to renew your tv license"
>"b-britbongs BTFO again h-haha" he weeps through gritted teeth

I don't think a crackhead is fit have a go at people for trying to avoid their problems.

only reason they'd stop you getting a license is if your medication prescription made it dangerous/illegal for you to drive.
or another diagnoses that would make it dangerous to drive, like psychosis.

>be denied a drivers license in this country for having depression
>rightfully buy and possess firearms without mental illness considered
I know which scenario I'd choose

Considering the mentally ill are 40x more likely to be victim of a violent crime but have the same rate of committing violence as the general population, I'd say the second

Sure thing.
Then again if I was mentally ill, I'd also sooner choose a place to live where those willing to advantage also don't have rights to firearms.

Are you fucking stupid? Most countries allow the mentally ill to drive. I'm in Canada and I've been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety and have had no problems getting my license.

I'd choose the second in a heartbeat. If you don't want to own a gun, then don't. Mass shootings deaths are insigificant as fuck and I'd rather live in America than a fucking padded room that is the UK.

If I lived in Trudeauville, i'd fucking want my room to be padded.

>government shills people to "get help" with depression all the fucking time
>get branded not only with social stigma if you do but incessant encroachment of your legal rights
>rational people realize this and don't get help from licensed professionals
Glorious plan. Really top notch. Looking out for your citizens.

Do you actually understand the context in which those mentally ill aren't allowed to drive in where ever?
>I'm in Canada and I've been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety and I choose to have guns
So you expect to have your opinion taken seriously? Congratulations, you're the very example I was looking for.

>do you understand the context

Yes I do. It based on the presumption that people with severe mental illnesses cannot drive without killing somebody else. It's fear mongering and paranoia at its finest. What a fucking freedomless shithole.

>gun deaths
>mass shootings
>implying the vast majority of gun deaths are even homicides

You tried.

>protection of other's well-being is fear mongering
Lmao
>implying the vast majority of gun deaths are even homicides
Did you even read the fucking table I posted? I'll presume you're not illiterate on top if your depression/anxiety given you can provide legible responses in this thread so far.

lol you don't have to get mad because we don't have tv police nigga wtf

>this is real

Neither do we. A "TV licence" is part of your taxes. The people who get guys knocking at their door probably aren't paying any other taxes either.

How is it wrong? You literally agree with that sentiment and then disagree in the same post.

The philosophy of collectivism upholds the existence of a mystic (and unperceivable) social organism, while denying the reality of perceived individuals—a view which implies that man’s senses are not a valid instrument for perceiving reality. Collectivism maintains that an elite endowed with special mystic insight should rule men—which implies the existence of an elite source of knowledge, a fund of revelations inaccessible to logic and transcending the mind. Collectivism denies that men should deal with one another by voluntary means, settling their disputes by a process of rational persuasion; it declares that men should live under the reign of physical force (as wielded by the dictator of the omnipotent state)—a position which jettisons reason as the guide and arbiter of human relationships.

>Collectivism maintains that an elite endowed with special mystic insight should rule men
Bollocks. Repeating whatever long discredited "red scare" bullshit won't make it true all of a sudden.

>protecting others wellbeing
Most of the mentally ill are not more likely to cause accidents you retard. While there are certain conditions that can, if they are stable on the meds then there is no problem.

In fact using your inane logic, people who drink alcohol should be banned from ever getting a license and have mandatory breatlayzers in cars as well. Those people are far more likely to cause accidents.

Your 1984 shithole severely deprives the freedoms of people with mental illnesses.

>did you even read the table

Yes, dumbfuck. Notice how it says "total firearm deaths" at the far right? The great majority of gun deaths are suicides, and virtually all gun homicides are not committed during mass shootings.

Educate yourself limeshit.

Mandatory breathalyzers in all cars mind you.

>homicide is OK if it's not a mass shooting
I guess that makes being 17 times more likely to be murdered OK?