Is there any reason you should NOT be working on a car yourself?

Is there any reason you should NOT be working on a car yourself?
Are there any models that you should not touch and leave it to chad mechanics?

Yeah, my MultiAir is so finicky that I would prefer somebody else to take the blame once it goes bust...

>not taking your automobile to the mechanic to get your oil professionally changed

>professionally changed oil
Do you also let your wife be professionally fucked?

My time has value

Yes? But only on Fridays.

I'm a doctor so mine does too but I still work on my car because I enjoy it. It's okay if you don't want to. You don't have to take it as a point of autistic pride.

If it doesn't save me money I don't bother. I'll happily work on my 2nd car as it's repairs aren't essential. When my daily fucks up it's much easier to just get the mobile mechanic to sort it out while I work as I don't get paid when I take days off to deal with it. When you consider this, it doesn't save me any money by doing it myself.

U make too much money

I don't get penalized for taking appointments during work hours, so it's pretty nice to escape for a couple hours, get an oil change, and literally get paid for it.

>he says while posting on 4chang
auto pleb detected

Can you replace your timing chain? I mean not able, but do you know how to off the top of your head? I'll take mine to someone who has done hundreds, and leave simple stuff like brakes and oil myself.

What speciality of medicine?

I personally hate going to mechanics and even performance shops because they almost always treat you like you're retarded. The only time I'll actually go to one is if I don't have the tools or experience to do the work (such as a clutch swap)

>timing chain
>difficult
not on an LS1

You implied that you don't do any work anyways

Are your feelings a bit hurt there mate?

I'm Aussie so your American rules don't apply. Working as an SHO with an interest in Emergency at the minute. I'm taking 2 years off to locum starting 2019 so I can do as much world travelling as I can. Trying to line up 12 months as an Antarctica Medical Practitioner after that. Then I'll come back for specialty training.

>lets his wife get fuck on fridays
>not a thursday fag like everyone else

Pgy1 psychiatry resident here.
Antarctic medicine sounds intreging. I'm going to explore that as an option for the future if they'll accept any physician.
Emergency Medicine, good choice.

They ask for what amounts to GPs with surgical experience but realistically they will train you to plug the gaps in your knowledge. I should be set with my EM experience but I'll expect they'll send me for 6 months of acute surgery and acute dentistry experience before I ship out for cold weather training.

What's the pay like?

200k pre-tax and up to 60k payable benefits.

If you have more money than self confidence, yeah, but I'd rather not shell out all my money on some greasemonkey at 80€/h, I don't think even prostitutes charge that much.

I have access to a lift and tools, so that takes a lot of pressure off.

Not too shabby.

Not one bit, but when do you have time to rebuild your transmission?

Yeah if you have previous medical issues that make it difficult to fix a car. I got an extreamly bad back (needed multiple surgeries) and outside of normal maintenance I got to send it in. Can't lift anything heavy/bend well.