$8K, 80K miles. Should I buy it?

$8K, 80K miles. Should I buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2015-ford-sedan-police-interceptor-awd-financing-available/1336869701?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
youtu.be/tdfetxD72aE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How have they got that many miles on it in 3 years?

If it's a SHO and was a highway cruiser. I'd stay away from a DI'd and turbo'd engine that's spent most it's life idling.

My 2013 G37 has over 120k on it and it was just used to commute every day, not a service car.

My stepdad owns a limousine company that buys BMW 7-series, puts 200k miles on them in 18 months, and sells them to the Chinese and eastern Europeans who want to pay $20k for a $75k car.

That's only 500 miles a week. I know people who commute more than that.

It's a police interceptor. These things are cruising around pretty much 16 hours a day.

You'd better test drive it first and it's better deal than a 180k Prius for 8k usd. Plus the 3.7 cyclone is excellent

They don't have turbos in them Ford police cars, the Ford cop cars either have 5.0 or 3.7 NA

It's the 3.7 NA.

Btw, here's the ad. I fucked up some of the cad to use conversion estimates.

$9200
71K miles

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2015-ford-sedan-police-interceptor-awd-financing-available/1336869701?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I just e-transferred him a $1500 deposit. I did it boys! I'm buying it! Will post more pics and my impressions when I pick it up.

We have quite a few of the TT SHO cruisers here. Marked and unmarked. They're pretty beasty compared to the old tricky vicky. They have to take a driving course before they're allowed to patrol with them here.

Most are the 3.7 though which is a gutless anchor.

That guy more than likely bought it from an auction for $4000.

With the lack of a spotlight and relatively low miles, I'm willing to bet this one spent most of it's life as a detective's car, meaning it's not as abused as a regular patrol car.

I have a soft spot for the Taurus. I had a 95?(not the round eyes) that lasted for ever. Took it offloading and slept in it also. Nice comfy cars.

Wrong.

Cops can’t buy panther bodies anymore. There’s no V8. If you look closely, you’ll see ecoboost badges on some cop cars.

That's 73 miles a day. Not unreasonable for a patrol car.

fuck no. the taurus is shit even in civilian form. get a v6 accord or a civilian panther instead.

no, fuck ex-cop cars. i had one and since almost the very beginning it had problems with overheating and the cooling system.

they rotate them out of service on purpose. it's cheaper for them to buy a new one than maintain the ones they have past a certain point.

absolutely retarded.

I think I'm going to be nauseous. Who e-transfers a deposit on a cash sale used car? Sounds like you lost $1,500 and won't be getting the car. He's probably collected 10 $1,500 deposits. See car, like car, pay for car, drive car home that's how it works.

80k miles on road
x3 more engine hours than that just idling

Find a used cop Charger if you want a V8 pig chariot

Nah, it's a reputable used car dealer. I know the place. I've driven by it a bunch of times. Plus we were communicating through text, so I have electronic evidence of what the deposit is for. Plus, the e-transfer is another piece of electronic evidence as we both get emailed receipts. Plus, it is conditional based on my test drive of it on Monday. If I really don't like it, I get the deposit back. It's all good dawg. Don't be so paranoid.

Why put a deposit at all? And before a test drive? Never done it, never heard of it, never lost a deal to lack of "deposit". This is either shady, ghetto or BS.

This.

I won't be able to make it to do a test drive until Monday afternoon. We agreed upon a deposit as a show of good faith that I was really interested in buying the car, which I am. These things go quickly and I didn't want it snatched out from under me today or Monday morning.

>We agreed upon a deposit as a show of good faith that I was really interested in buying the car, which I am. These things go quickly and I didn't want it snatched out from under me today or Monday morning.
You’re the goodest of goys aren’t you? Fucking idiot

Whatever, you guys have obviously never negotiated a used car sale before. I mean what's he gonna do? Sell the car and keep my money? I would just call the police and report it! There is hardly any risk here. Chill.

Good bait, user.
Nice job.

aka shadhettobs

10/10 bait lmao

You guys know nothing about doing business in the adult world. My parents were kind of interested in building a new house in a new suburb development recently and dropped $5K as a deposit to hold a lot. A month later, they changed their mind and got their money back no problem. This is how business is done in the adult world, you fucking basement dwellers.

It’s basically a SHO, go for it

Source: i work for Ford

At first I was gonna explain how buying a police car is about the dumbest thing a person can do, but since this thread is clearly bait I'll just tell you to KYS instead

>if I get scammed it's ok the police will protect me
maybe in canada. Fuck the asshole police down here

Real estate is not the same as cars...go ask mommy and daddy about that too little boy.

A deposit on a used car does nothing but take $ out of the potential buyers account. If u think a used car salesman is holding that car based on a deposit, u r delusional. That dealer will sell it to whoever gives pays their price first. You deposit means nothing except that they have you by the balls and can fuck with you on price and terms.

U must be the worst businessman in the world to give the other guy all the power in the business deal.

This is how you are negotiating with a used car salesman: I am soooo stupid, I'm going to give you $1,500 for something I can get for free. Doing this will take away my poker face, and show the salesman all my cards. The salesman will now have the power to make you pay full price with no concessions. This is not a negotiation, it's a rape...you got yourself raped.

You guys don't get it. I will be probably end up paying list price anyways. These police interceptors are in really high demand here in Canada and go within a matter of hours sometimes. Educate yourselves before you speak.

Don't do it OP. Ex police cars are often driven very hard, they likely have thousands of idle hours, they get redlined very frequently and are driven over speed bumps at full speed very often. Though they are often maintained my an in house mechanic, they often are driven way past when thier oil changes are due. These cars are treated as disposable tools. And the 3.7L V6 that you find in the taurus and explorers and way less reliable that the old crown Vic engines we're. Many departments that we the from crown vics to explorers and Tauruses are already switching to chargers because of how shitty the 3.7L v6 engine is. Ford is losing fleet contracts to agency's because they don't stand behind thier engines, where as Dodge is willing to replace blown up engines for that govt contract.

this youtu.be/tdfetxD72aE

also check'd

If it's a municipal vehicle, you are asking for trouble.

Show me the reports that suggest Cyclone 3.7s are less reliable, otherwise I'm calling bullshit
The Cyclone line, developed alongside the MZI series from Mazda, has been Ford's best V6 they've ever produced

If you don't drive that much, you're probably a suburban faggot who has all of the hassle of traffic and car ownership and none of the benefit of being out in the country. You might as well sell your car and move right into the city if you don't have a long commute.
I assume you rent an appartmeny or mortgage a mchouse in the suburbs?
You play make believe, just like a little kid playing with toy construction vehicles. You think you're independent, "not a city person", and tough, when in reality you're some pathetic cuckhold going out of his way for some fake "lifestyle" .
You're the kind of person who consideres a vehicle lease thinking "wow, 10,000 mile lease, I'll never exceed that".

>15 ads

fml

U r stupid

Throwing money at a ford that has been abused for 80k miles...why don't you put your dick in a meat grinder...you have no dick?...proceed.

>suggests some Chrysler POS.

Despite being a unibody, these Tauruses and Explorers still handle the curb hop and speed bumps with retardedly more easy than the busted steering system’d Chargers.

no ford cop car has had a 5.0 since box body panthers and ssp notches.

doughnut shops are spread out far apart from each other

you're a fag for wanting to buy a patrol car