Why are americans so obsessed about hondas, especially civics?

Why are americans so obsessed about hondas, especially civics?

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/autos/research-guides/best-selling-vehicles-in-america-in-2017/ss-BBHUUGs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Camry is actually the best selling non-truck in the US.

Reliable

why would anybody buy such an ugly piece of shit

Pretty sure most of the world likes hondas, especially civics

90s Civics were really popular on the US with younger drivers because they were cheap, durable and efficient so they established a kind of legendary status like the Beetle did in the 60s/70s.
They were the "student age car" for a lot of the millennial generation. If you didn't have one, you knew someone who did.

And the Ridgeline is the best non-selling truck in America

>Why are mexican so obsessed about hondas
ftfy

When you get out of school you buy a Civic, when you start a family you sell it and buy a Camry and when your kids are all grown you get the Corvette you wanted to get all the way back when you got your Civic.

> People actually want a Corvette in 1953+65

Weird, I know. But it's what normies do.
Civic->Camry->Corvette

My retirement car'll probably be a Hakosuka. Vettes seem like the most feminine option for American muscle, both classic and modern.
But I'm saying this as a Kiwi.

this is pretty true, i just graduated and every single one of my friends is getting a civic right now.

How is this difficult to grasp? Ever since the C4 generation, a vette has always been the most fast for the least money if you live in North America. They're reasonably reliable too, since they use the many of the same parts as mundane GM rental cars

A Honda, an Ikea couch and a Costco membership are pretty much the "I'm an adult now!" starter pack.

They may like them but I doubt people PREFER Hondas.

Another question should be why american cars are so oversized and ugly, and why imported cars americans buy are also only the ugly ones (look civics).

Where I live in SE US, it's far more likely for someone's retirement car to be a modern muscle car like a Mustang, an expensive SUV if they have a family, or a pavement queen truck like a Ford Raptor that has never towed shit. Corvettes are the most common car you'll see at the high end of the price range, but don't forget the massive variety that opens up if you lower your budget by just 10K or so.

For soccer moms, big equals safe. For manly men with absolutely zero self identity issues, big equals masculine.

Do cars like VW Golf or my Seat Leon are even being sold in the states? If so, who drives them?
They do make them in automatics here in europe afaik so it shouldn't be an issue.

In Canada VWs are generally driven by soys and Audi is driven by brown and slanty people

2019I wish SEAT just start selling their cars here in in India but noo !!! We gon get Kia's and MG's in 2019.

Enjoy your chink MGs

Seat is not a thing here.

It's a shame, the new Ridgeline is pretty neat.

Does having a racing pedigree make a difference? If yes, will suggest MGs to people I know.

These are old designs being built by chinks. Does not fill me with hope which makes me sad.
t. ex MG driver

Mexicans haven't been into Honda since they went CVT and got expensive. Most of the older Accords and Civics have since been wrecked or modded to destruction by now. As far as new cars, they all drive Hyundais and Kias if poor or BMW or Infiniti if they have money. All the millennial fucboi Mexicans drive I4 3 series or old 5 series now. Old Mexicans continue to drive domestic SUVs and pickups as the always have.

I guess its still better than this shit !

VWs are unreliable trash and not taken seriously apart from the Passat. Seat isn't sold here, but I see some with Mexican plates periodically.

>family sedan is dying
>Camry still the best selling car
based

Well where i'm from
>VWs are more expensive to purchase and maintain.
>VW India tries hard by releasing sub-4 meter cars that have no business existing at all.
>Case in point the, VW Ameo.

Camry gets a lot of fleet sales that's why it does so well.
Also the new Camry loses around 33% value after a year or something.

Seat and Skoda aren't sold in America. Neither are Opel (though some are sold in America under other brands), Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, Dacia or Proton.
The smallest VW America gets is the Golf, which is seen as fun to drive but ultimately unreliable. The best selling VW's in America is usually either the Jetta (Golf sedan), Passat, Tiguan, and maybe the new VW Atlas.

Come on, not even a Polo? It's a great city car.

Which reminds me. The US market Passat is specific to the US market. The euro market Passat, though the same chassis, is completely different.

nope. not a thing in America. VW was toying with launching Skoda here last I checked due to the dieselgate debacle.

This, you get a reliable sports car with relatively cheap parts. Same with owning a HSV or FPV in Australia, powerful sports car but still shares parts with common everyday cars, keeps costs down

>great
>polo

lmao nigga kys

because they actually work

the polo is a terrible city car, as it's as big a MK4 golf, why the americucks need is the UP!, it's a turbo powered shoebox, but they won't have it due to being less than 1000kg.

>Why are americans so obsessed about hondas, especially civics?

Because everyone you know is college aged and buying their first cars.

Appears to be the VW take on the Toyota Echo.

Are they not allowed cars under 1000kg in burgerland?

wtf is this, no surprise they don't sell them in Europe, its disgusting

Civics are usually fun enough to drive for econoboxes (except the 9th gen) and better equipped than comparable Corollas. Their manual transmissions have always been fucking great too.

okay, so 1000 kilos is about 2200 lbs. The Miata and Yaris weigh more than that but the Mirage and Smart weigh less. I don't think there's a rule mandating a minimum vehicle weight, but there are rules for crash protection, both structural and supplemental, and that tends to put most subcompacts over 1000 kgs easily. City cars or something like a Caterham or Lotus are often under it, but they may not have to obey the same rules.

Ironically they made them better than MG ever did

msn.com/en-us/autos/research-guides/best-selling-vehicles-in-america-in-2017/ss-BBHUUGs

Civic is only #8.

I just like how absolutely comfy the Challenger is desu

actually compared to mustangs, camaros, etc. corvettes have the highest % male owners in the States

>Vettes seem like the most feminine option

girls don't drive corvettes. i don't think i have EVER seen a female driving a corvette

i have seen more girls driving vipers and they're one of the rarest domestic cars in existence

Why are you so obsessed with Americans?

Americans and American culture are omnipresent, but Americans and American culture are comically retarded so its a good conversation topic that's relevant to everybody

Because they're good.

The cars themselves, not the drivers.