What do we think about these...

What do we think about these? I just noticed that the shitty markup has fallen off and they're actually selling for $35k around me. It's like $6,000 less than a STI Limited and better in every possible way except for arguably AWD.

great cars, shame about the looks though

The more I try to like it though the better it looks, some color combinations are better than others though. That polished metal grey sort of hides the queerness of the ten thousand lines and color contrasts.

If I was going to get one, which I was considering for a while I was going to get a white one. Then I heard the white ones have retarded markups on them since they only made 800 of them.

Hmm interesting. I actually like white the least, but it's the same thing with the STI. The white STIs (which is my favorite color for that model) have less negotiation room and sell immediately.

>$35k for a front wheel drive "sports" car
Fucking kek

Where do you live? I have only driven older Type Rs and they all have ridiculously stiff suspension, more so than just about any other hot hatch. I assume this one is the same and the 20" wheels will make it even worse.

I dont like how cars like the type r or sti have to stand put like sore thumbs now. They used to be indiscernable from the regular models but everyone has to showboat now like narcissistic libruls

Connecticut, roads are okay but sometimes they can be a disaster.

So what do you suggest that preferably isn't RWD and isn't someones used M3 thrash machine that is a ticking timebomb in every conceivable way?

>They used to be indiscernable from the regular models
They've always had fairly obvious badging and from the FN2 onwards the bodywork made them stand out a lot. More Type Rs have been aggressively styled than subtle.

But now its special bodywork special headlamps tail lamps shits so fucking lame now

Car makers purposefully make new generations of cars look a bit off for the first few years then complete the designs for the "refresh" back then the designs were basically fiinished but the refreshes had better amenities or things like lights

Just get a Si for $10k less instead

The 20 inch stock wheels look silly. 18 inch suites it much better.

They're pretty shit daily drivers. If you don't plan on taking it to the track you're better off getting another car
At $35k you can get a new Accord with the same 2.0L turbo and 6 speed manual as the Type R and tune it to make like 335bhp

A V8 truck.

Non-meme answer, CPO Cayman S

Car is shit. I drive a G37S and I fucking pulled a car length ahead on a pull after going 110MPH.

I had Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and custom Cat Back Exhaust.

Type R.. You pay to loose against V6

>no vtec

CPO 981 CS's still go for like $58k on average at the moment...

Take away 2 doors and I'm all for it

I really dont know, its a hard market
If you want better more mature (aka not boyracer fake vent trash) I'd rather be looking at GTI
Other than that I'd be looking at a wrx, even next years new gen of STi.

I mean its an impressive car, with some cool tech.
But why would anyone actually buy it unless they literally lived on the track 24/7 and seriously fell in love with the car?

but with that said

I think OP should only get a type R if he needs a wagon that handles well and has a decent amount of power.

if he actually want a sports car, then he should just get an actual sports car

Done

what the fuck does being mature have anything to do with the car you drive?

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE VTEC HONDA
WHERE IS IT

Mature people would never drive something like that Civic.

mature as in handling, stiffness, and 'luxury' features

Make it black, manual and give me the red Honda badges and I might be looking into a new car

The fake vents are awesome though.

Tire advancement is amazing and a real game changer

EK Type R Didn't look too different from the rest, besides two red badges and a sticker on each rear quarter panel.

It does come in black, manual and has red honda badges

You realize there is more to a car than just an engine right? Saying "its the same engine" is disingenuous.

>tune
>brand new car
enjoy voiding your warranty

>being this insecure
congratulations

>arguably awd
no FWD is just plain shit. Let alone on a 3500(?) lbs car with 300hp. Not to mention the garbage riced out rear end. spend the extra money on a focus RS. your monthly lease payments shouldn't even go up much more anyways.

The new Type R is touted as the most comfortable ride among hot hatches with only the Golf R coming close

its 2900 pounds curb.

>300hp
to the wheels

>focus RS
that is a retrofitted piece of shit, its a shitty FF just like you're bitching.

>Honda
>Worrying about warranties
And Hondata already has the new Accord running at 335bhp with just a flash tune. The engine in it is underrated as fuck from the get go and makes something like 260whp instead of the advertised 250bhp

No honda dealer is going to take your third party ECU tune when you're bitching about some problem even if it has nothing to do with the engine.

>a riced out 2900lbs fwd family econobox
Who cares about this again?

>I was wrong so I'll nitpick and then say "who cares"

It's not a 3rd party ECU, dipshit. And you can always just flash the factory profile back for dealer work

People who actually have jobs and drive to work everyday instead of benchracing on a mongolian throat singing forum all day long?

>doing a tune outside of the factory
>not "third party"
Thats literally what third party means you stupid fuck
>just flash it back
yea because they aren't going to see a changelog

>says who cares
>calls it an econobox platform
>then recommends a similar car that is an econobox platform itself
you're fucking retarded

You mentioned a new ECU when no one else did
I know English is hard but come on now

no i just literally don't care to know every detail about a shit car? And i even put (?) after the 3500 because i thought it was wrong anyways. Thanks for being representative of the honda community with your stupidity anyways

>You mentioned a new ECU when no one else did
>new ECU tune
you literally said Tune it to increase the HP that literally means exactly what I said.

they can get something better and not FWD and not 2900lbs? literally even a brz would be better than the civic at this point.

>a brz would be better
except the civic type r is significantly faster regardless of drivetrain

The tires are faster

hey man im a controls engineer and i drive my R32 GTR to the office lmao. no one cares as long as you show up to work.

>preferably isn't RWD

>faster is better
that's where you're wrong kiddo. maybe one day when you grow up and stop caring about lap times you'll understand why the new civic is shit.

>a BRZ is better
>being completely obfuscating no one knows what the fuck "better" means
>either its his baseless uninformed opinion or hes bullshitting about performance

Civic has
>superior suspension
>superior engine
>superior transmission
>superior exhaust
>superior everything

And the same weight and power as a PT Cruiser GT.

>he thinks a flash tune is the same thing as a new ECU

No one cares, Nagato

a PT cruiser GT is 3300 to 3500 pounds, only had a 2.4L 4 cylinder engine that made 230hp

The civic type R is 2900 pounds and makes 300hp

I literally said "third party ecu TUNE" you stupid faggot

y'all niggas need Jesus

sacrificed guy I have never met so I can forget all about my sins.

No thx

Fine.
*same power and more weight than a Neon with a turbo*

3100lbs and 280hp?

and yet it's still worse in every way.
>anything immeasurable is meaningless.

>>anything immeasurable is meaningless.
It is meaningless your stupid dumb opinion doesn't mean fuckall

I'll let you in on a secret: fun is subjective and can't be measured :^)

you fucking child.

>its better because I say so and I'm going to project my opinion as fact then back away and hide behind "its an opinion"

tfw just put a deposit down for one, paid $3500 over sticker for it and won't see it until june

haven't even sat in one or driven one before i did this

roast me Veeky Forums

fwd is worse. If a car is fwd it's automatically shit

You realize you could have saved the 3500 over sticker because these cars aren't just flying off the lot.

You're one of those retards who probably thinks FF cars don't benefit from wings that generate downforce or FF cars can't drift or a slew of other uninformed shit.

where i am they are

you could have just ordered one out of state or something right? the gas is way cheaper than paying the ass markup

no i'm one of those retards that understands that fwd was invented for economical purposes and has no place being on a performance vehicle.

What's wrong with a fun, economical car?

because for the same money you can buy a car that's more fun and doesn't make you look like a 12 year old?

he has a blind conniption about fwd so he hates it regardless because he automatically defaults to "not fun because I said so"

>more fun
>states it like a fact AGAIN

I would only get it if I were a hardcore honda guy who loves honda and plan to go track driving if you're going to use it as a daily driver there are other cars more comfortable with more tech and features

potentially

My EK Civic is fun, practical, and cheap to own. I can fit child seats and groceries in it while being able to nip up narrow b-roads and have an enjoyable drive in the process.
RWD is great, but FWD can be as well. The drivetrain doesn't determine whether a car can be fun to drive, only the road.

No fuck you its OBJECTIVELY not fun because I said so.

You can buy a shitbox fwd and make it "fun and economical" for a shit of a lot less than a Civic R. Spend the rest on a proper performance oriented rwd platform of you want to go fast.

You know the EK was the original Type R, right?

It doesn't really matter. You can make a lot of fwd shitboxes somewhat "fun and economical" which is kind of okay. Spending $40k on one is pretty retarded.

I'm not huge on the styling, but I'd say there are plenty of worse cars to spend the money on.

when you've driven something that isn't your civic come back here and let me know how much you wasted your money.

>it doesn't matter
>only what I think matters more matters
you're fucking retarded

Not really. $40k gets you a rwd or a nice awd, Not a souped up grocery getter.
Whatever. Have fun in your fwd while chads are drifting and having actual fun in their rwd's.

>I'm so autistic I can't help that people have opinions different from mine

i've driven a ep3 type R on the track and it was just a pit of understeer and nuckle dragging garbage. I've driven a 2016 focus ST on the track and it was the same shit. FWD is fine for commuting, it's cheap to make, and more efficient in terms of drivetrain loss so they can put a smaller engine in with less torque. Any other drivetrain layout is better in every other way possible. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise just because you need to justify your shitty purchase. FWD

this. anyone who spends 40k on an understeering pigfat grocery geter is retarded.

Where the fuck are you reading 250bhp? what car are you seeing this in? the accord sport has 192hp with a small 1.5 liter engine. I cant see how you would tune that to even 250hp without it overheating or exploding. explain yourself nigger

nvm im retard i just saw it

>because I said so

you realize the accord has basically the same engine as the type r right

I've driven other cars. WRXs, Skylines, Silvias, Land Cruisers. I enjoy my Civic nonetheless.