They have released a Subaru WRX STI "Final edition" in the UK

They have released a Subaru WRX STI "Final edition" in the UK.

Are the rumors true? Is Subaru finally killing off the WRX STI or do they mean killing off the current EJ platform/rally platform and making something completely new/horrendous hybrid and it's their last rally inspired legend boasting the same old EJ engine?

>I am buying a 2017-2018 STI this summer

so Subaru is becoming Mitsubishi?

They basically said this model is the last of its kind.

Which either means it is being killed off or the next model will be completely revamped and not rally-inspired. Something completely different (see the viziv concept)

Because everything will be a stupid crossover so the soyboys dont feel less effeminate for choosing to drive a crossover

No you moron, its commemorating the final production of the old platform.
That's literally it, they're finally switching over to what the base WRX has had for like 4 years now that made it a way smarter buy than the old and busted STi

Watch sales for the new STi triple when its released, literally everyone has been waiting for it. Killing it off would be insanity, its Subaru's bread and butter.

>I am buying a 2017-2018 STI this summer

Are you literally this stupid? Just get a base WRX. Better engine and save tons of money.

The Viziv concept is supposed to become the next WRX
I don't think they've said anything about a hybrid engine for it

It's dead in Bongistan. They're still making them but the new one won't be sold there.

>Just get a base WRX
People who get the WRX always end up regretting it.
Whether it's an old archaic engine or not, the STI is loads better, has a better transmission, handling, steering, quite literally everything.
I always had an EJ engine and they're great platforms.

I don't feel too good about the next engine with the upcoming refresh, it just won't feel "the same".

I'll be buying it because of the old tradition/style before everything shits itself into cuckmatic only & hybrid.

EJ powered subarus will retain value and overtime perhaps gain value.

Where I live, WRXs are dime a dozen. Nobody drives STIs here because they either can't afford it or are soyboys buying a WRX.

Looks like the old car but with a few more retarded angles and sheet metal.

>People who get the WRX always end up regretting it.
this is absolute bullshit

It's called settler's remorse and it happens to everyone who wanted a top trim car but settled on a lower trim or whatever, WRXs, Focus STs, V6 Mustangs, etc. You can never shake off the "coulda shouldas"

Europe use to have a 10% tariff on Japaneses cars and Subaru engines have trouble dealing with European regulations. Only America if you forget the chicken tax ever have a free automotive market.

But the difference is with an sti you're wasting money and with the wrx you're actually getting a good value per dollar spent. Your money will take you further in a wrx

>they don't even sell the crosstrek/XV with a manual.

"Value" is one of the main focus points of a settler. It's an excuse. We'll see what the better value is when you get blown away at the track and the strip.
Also an vSTI retains its value better so if you sell it after 4 or 5 years it's actually a better value than a WRX.

what the hell is up with that?
stricter regulations?
brexit?

The company that imports them doesn't want to anymore. Who knows why.

that has to be a cover up for something else
just get a new company there's probably hundreds of them around

maybe just lack of market, since they no longer do hothatch STI's and everyone in britbongistan only buys small hatches

In the UK, they never sold the base model WRX, only the WRX STi model is/was sold here of this version.

It's same all over Europe, dealers can't order them anymore. I talked to my aquaintance from who i bought my 06' STI (He is a rally driver and a official dealer for my country) and he just said it's not possible to order STI anymore so he imported 2 that he could get before they go unavailable. looks like STi is getting a big relaunch cause they made Levorg STi but with auto gearbox so let's hope they don't turn it into such thing. Also, stock STi with EJ engine is way more reliable after they made improvements to the engine and drivetrain is almost bulletproof even with big power bumps.

>bongs are not getting STIs anymore

Rally inspired WRX ended a decade ago.

>WRX is for soyboys
The opposite. They discontinued the STi wagon in '02, so from then on the STi became an appearance-only car that doesn't go beyond gravel carparks.

What does a wagon have to do with anything other than utility wise?
There are people using these machines as they are intended such as mudding and off-road.

>own a 2011 WRX
>It’s faster than an STI from the same year
>settling

Plenty of euro countries have emissions based taxation such as dudeweedland with their 120k mustang, 100k sti and 50k brz

it's dead for all of europe. the next version will be a hybrid.

>2011 wrx faster than STi
Top jej with your 5k + in mods to make it sustainable sure.
That amount of money wasted on a daddy mobile WRX could have gotten you an STi with a bulletproof drivetrain faggot

the only thing I like about this is the coupe profile
everything else is hideous

What did they copy Honda with the type r over styling, I thought the wrx was meant to be a street rally car not a scraping over styled boi racecar

>boxer engine
>equal length headers

The only way to make something like the STI great again is for the wrc to make homologation real again.
Otherwise we're just back to watching a yaris that resembles its production model in name only.

yeah and how many people do you see rallying there wrx vs boi racers with ebay exhaust

No, they're focusing on the "outdoor lifestyle" soyboxes that are their bread and butter.