How effective are airbags...

How effective are airbags? My classic shitbox doesn't have any and I feel worried sometimes especially since I'm having a family in the near future. I never leave town though, and I drive 35 mph at max in town.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21720604
hjdbulletin.org/files/archive/pdfs/389.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has three point seatbelts, though.

seatbelts are more important. People lived before airbags not everyone died in a 30mph crash. You might break some bones though .

I don't care about breaking bones as long I and my gf survive desu senpai

Breaking bones might breaks my bones but words will never hurt me.

Enjoy getting T-boned by Stacy in her Land Rover as we runs a red light at 60mph because she's on instagram

Incredibly effective. Modern cars are exponentially more safer than older cars, even those with airbags
Reason is that all the safety systems, active and passive, are designed to work together

Hi Stacy ;^)

Not American so this dumbassery doesn't apply to me, sorry.

I suppose so. Not many cars on the road have those ultra modern safety measures installed though.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21720604

Air bags do more harm than good.

>Not American so this dumbassery doesn't apply to me, sorry.

this applies to absolutely everyone all over the world.

>Not many cars on the road have those ultra modern safety measures installed though.

where the fuck do you live? cars newer than the mid 2000's have these features.

So basically, seatbelts are the most important?

Are you talking about crumple zones and stuff? If so then I guess that most cars have it. But besides that, airbags and seatbelts I don't think anything else is very common.

This is insanely dangerous. Do you know how many people die in car accidents every year? Do you know how stupid the average driver is? No car is worth this sort of risk.

see

fuck off with your fake news site.

essentially yes, but they must be the kind that lock up when velocity reaches a certain point.

Im talking about ABS, EBD, traction control etc. all common features since the mid 2000's

oh your one of those people. happy crashing!

The seatbelts in my car are static, so they don't move at all. I guess not ideal but they do the trick. You adjust the length to fit your body firmly and they don't move unless re adjusted.

here is the full text for that study

hjdbulletin.org/files/archive/pdfs/389.pdf

What do you drive and where do you live?

I would like to know this as well, those seatbelts sound shady as fuck.

unless your talking about racing harnesses

do you honestly believe that? I mean do you truly, unironically, honestly believe that?

They aren't shady, they do the trick as I said. Only difference being is that you control the length manually.
Not telling my location and car since I might as well say my full name if I tell you guys here :^) sorry
Appreciate the concern tho

Enjoy your caved in skull from hitting the steering wheel and a pillar.

so they don't have a reel at all in the b pillar?

Correct

nice thesis, care to actually post something to back it up?

airbags are safe barring certain conditions like Takata just flat-out making them wrong and lying about it, or you being a woman/manlet who needs to have the seat pulled completely forward and hug the wheel, and even then there have been some improvements to that with multi-stage bags

im pretty sure they fixed the problem by putting airbags in everything to the point you're essentially held immobile in a crash

If your car does not even have an airbag, then it wont have much more other protection like crumble zones or very high strength steel either. It will be crushed like a tinfoil in crash.

he'll never admit it if he doesn't