How does this company find so many retards to drive for $3.37 an hour?

How does this company find so many retards to drive for $3.37 an hour?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_drain
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>why get a job when I can just download an app!

To be fair the last few Uber drivers I had we're just doing it on the weekends for fun

They figure it's a get rich quick scheme without thinking about the details

I would drive for $3.37 an hour on days where I'm absolutely bored out of my mind and end up driving around aimelessly for $0.00 an hour and end up burning gas, tires, and adding unneccsary wear to my car. but that's just user

because they make more than that and it's a relatively relaxed job when you're not dealing with shitheads. also you get to work whenever you want so it works for people who use it to supplement some other job

Finally! A way to get drunk tarts to throw up in my car while getting paid less than min wage! Sign me up!

Supplements day job for $3.37/hr instead of working overtime at day job for time and a half.

>an opportunity to have a girl in my car
W-where do i sign up

This. I'm doing 30 hours of OT at my job this week. No way would I ever do Uber.

>Supplements day job for $3.37/hr
Why are you so fixated on this figure.

Because it's a hillarious pittance

But they make more than that. Not everyone's job offers overtime.

>Real Veeky Forumsfag, detected!

Stay humble, mein Freund.

People have no sense of economics nor self preservation

>Drive for Uber
>Wear out car
>dropped by car insurance

"hey wow, I made $500 last week"

>Letting strangers in my car
>Their farts
>Their food slop/spilled drinks on my seats
>Smoking/vape on my headliner and leather

Why, user, why? Don't you like your car?!

Because MIT study defining UBer hourly wage? Duh!

My mom tipped an uber driver $20 as the guy was cool as he was a med student from Africa doing uber as a side job.

"I need more money, better find a job that wears out my car and makes me next to nothing"

They should work OT at their good paying job

How assblasted are the uber/lyft drivers now that they realize it's not really worth it because of gas, depreciation, maintenance, etc.

>africa in desperate need of professionals
>the few that succeed abandon their native people for greener pastures

lol wtf

>i'm not destitute. i suck dicks for $6 a pop at the truck stop on the east side because it's fun

My buddy and I took an Uber home from the city at the end of a night of drinking c/o the first ride free carrot of downloading the app. We got some sweaty Persian guy in a Corolla that reeked of Black and Milds . Rather take a cab if I had to pay money, at least then I will get some clean Crown Vic with legroom and a driver that knows more than 6 words of English and is ordered by the cap company to wash his ass more than once a month, user

Never underestimate the retardation and nearsightedness of your average American. I say this with great sadness as an American

You only make shit if you live in a shit city

t.uber/lyft driver who makes $20/hour

$3.37/hr for doing virtually absolutely nothing is quite a lot

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_drain

There's zero way that's true though. You would have to purposely drive somewhere with absolutely no riders nearby and deliberately choose to circle around there for hours to make that little. Then you have the obvious fact that half of uber drivers on the road right now would definitely not be driving if they made less than 3 dollars an hour.

Not all jobs offer overtime. It's not like they use especially valuable or unreliable cars to do it. Most of them are the cheapest of the cheap econoboxes. The car maintenance does get to you if you don't do it yourself though.

Could you suck euro cock any harder

This but unironically.

U must be bad at math, accounting and taxes.

Let's see, listen to user saying he gets $20/hr? Or listen to a study by MIT that details exactly what uber drivers get paid.

STFU user, you're the most unpatriotic of all Americans if you can't acknowledge we have this swelling underclass of Retard-Americans that are becoming a larger and larger proportion of our population thanks to dysgenics

$20/hr is still not worth someone's vomit in my car.

>listen to user saying he gets $20/hr
That's not unheard of at all though. That study sounds like bullshit.

Even in a shitty car driving Uber is a diminishing ROI. Find something over entry-level jobs if you cannot get OT. Something besides working behind a counter or rounding up shopping carts or wrapping burritos, user

Go study accounting before you go bankrupt.

$20/hr isn't worth strangers writhing their stank and BO into my seats and getting sauce and crumbs all over the back seats of my car, user

The wear and tear on your vehicle, gas, oil and maintenance alone could eat up any profit from ubering people about town.

>Even in a shitty car driving Uber is a diminishing ROI
Not always though. You can easily make enough to cover maintenance and car wear if you're a mechanically inclined and not a moron.

>Something besides working behind a counter or rounding up shopping carts or wrapping burritos
Those jobs both sound harder and likely pay less than just doing Uber though.

You don't need to know accounting to be able to calculate your $/hr after gas/maintenance. That's just basic math friend.

There are legit call center jobs that pay $15 per hour and work from home. I'd look into that before doing uber.

Thanks for proving me right. You missed quite a few important numbers in your equation

Cool. Let me know what they are.

Yea, that MIT is prolly not even a real school

>lease an econobox
>do minimal maintenance
>drive for Uber/Lyft, ferrying people to and from an airport in low mileage, high traffic situations
>get paid extra because of increased traffic
>pay off the car's monthly expenses in a single night
>Make as much money you can driving around in your down time
>when the lease is up return the car only paying for depreciation
>don't have to deal with a worn out econobox
>rinse and repeat

I mean you could use your own critical thinking to see why that that number is unrealistic. You could go to one of those ride platform forums and read about people talking shit about Uber and calling them the devil. Yet no one is going to say they made 4 dollars an hour. That figure is just stupid. I've seen people say 14 to 16 dollar an hour and a little less after expenses. That's much more accurate in my experience but that also depends on what city you're in and whether or not you're smart enough to be optimal in your driving.

After expenses is the key. Most people don't know all their expenses, so the don't deduct them from their income. If they did, they would realize a $3.37 / hr rate.

A warm body can make $10/hr., you claim to make $14 before expenses? Then you have a $10/ hr warm body job.

>Most people don't know all their expenses, so the don't deduct them from their income.
Such as what? People talk like the fact that gas costs money is some kind of hidden cost that everyone just pumps into their car without realizing. Look I could understand a lot people making around min. wage but 3 dollars is just bad accounting.

Somebody has to do warm body jobs. It's an easier job than most.

i think the drivers are drawn to not working for someone else. you set your own hours and don't have a boss. for some that's priceless - even if the pay is bad.

but idk I'm so ocd about my car I could never do it. Plus I'm really trying to keep mine low mileage for the resale.

>i think the drivers are drawn to not working for someone else. you set your own hours and don't have a boss. for some that's priceless
Yeah that's true. Everyone I've met who did Uber was slightly eccentric. Nice enough people for the most part though.

You do realize that when leasing a car they put mileage restrictions since you don't own that car and will charge you excess wear fees if you return it like scrap or they might not even lease it to you if they find out that's what you're going to do and they will ask

Still a shitty deal if you only end up making say $10 an hour after gas and repairs. At that point I would just take a $10/hr shit job and not have to ruin my car

Its all fun and games until you get in an accident and your car insurance drops you since regular car insurance implies non-commercial driving in your car. Taxi drivers pay hundreds a month since insurance companies calculate them to be higher risk simply from the increased levels of driving they do.

True. You don't want to do it with a car you actually like. Cheap high mpg econoboxes are the norm for that reason. Like I said though the job is braindead easy and somewhat enjoyable if you like driving. I would never do it during high traffic times though. That would just be a boring waste of time.

Why don't you read the MIT study u moron

Somebody is taking nice cars to Uber with, since there is a limo-ish primo service called Uber Black where people ride other fuckers around in Lincolns and Cadillacs and whatever else counts as a black car/limo nowadays

Thank you user for talking about insurance. All these tard anons saying what other expenses besides gas &maint? Here you've spelled one out, but tards are still gonna say, fight me bro!

Anytime, user. It really saddens me how people will put their necks on their line financially driving for companies like this that will ditch them like a pregnant gf if they get in a crash

>pay more for gas
>spend more on maintenance
>car depreciates faster
>pay more for insurance or get dropped by them
Now tell me why after all those expenses taken into account when your shitbox breaks down, gas prices go up, you still don't believe you're making shit money

The MIT study? From MIT? Because the numbers they came up with are pretty stupid and go against every other estimate thus far. People have calculated their final per hour and complained it at only being minimum wage or close to minimum wage. I have literally never heard of anyone claiming anything close to 3 dollars an hour yet MIT arrived with that as a median. The idea that 1/3 of the people doing Uber continue to do so despite continuously losing money is pretty silly. People are criticizing the study for the format of the questions asked and MIT said it's going to recalculate with those criticism taken into account in a week or so.

Yeah those make more. The costs are higher too of course since I doubt those get very good mpg and then you have to pay who knows what every month for the car that's dropping in value like a rock. Tips might be okay though.

i deliver furniture of craigslist
i quote people a shitload and let them talk down the price to feel bettter
i try not to work for under $20/hr including travel to/from the sites
if they sound like an idiot, a hassle, or i dont understand them, i hang up on them
if i fuck up, fuck em, they hired me off craigslist. aint no leaving me a bad review, rofl

Probably comes out about the same, sadly

That's bullshit then. I think you have to actually dress up like a chauffeur for that. Providing ""luxury"" service and having to dress up nice everything morning for min. wage is dumb imo but who knows.

No joke, I wouldn't be caught dead doing all that for $3.37 or even $10 an hour

Yea, pretty stupid MIT numbers. Prolly should believe other people. It's not like MIT students and professors are super high IQ geniuses or anything. Prolly just avg anons playing with numbers

>super high IQ geniuses
Damn better leave the thinking to them then. My bad broski.

Most of you are talking shit but don't even have a car that qualifies for Uber

Same for truckers they make like $5 an hour the world is fucked

gave you the truth. Experienced it personally. Corrupt elites make it a priority to keep anyone smart enough to be a threat into the dirt.

hearty kek

>yes I am in favor of eugenics and I consider myself a perfect specimen of gentleman
Holy shit fuck off you worthless mutt.

If you believe that modern elite universities are full of nothing but geniuses than you're fucking retarded

Truckers make $.24 cents a mile uber makes $.24 cents a mile. it's standard pay for a retard driving job.

had this typed up earlier but the gf wanted some d so i had to get onit
iirc the mit calculation includes payment on a new vehicle plus insurance but omits the fact that a driver reaps the benefit of said vehicle for personal use. a typical expense otherwise incurred even with a non-driving job.

Cannot fucking wait for driverless Ubers.

Never again do I want to share a car with a sweaty fucking Indian subhuman

>working for income tax
Anything over 50 hours is a waste

Don't uber and lyft have their own insurance that takes over anytime there is a passenger being driven? You still need your regular insurance while you're not driving anyone but then how is that any different than you driving around on a regular basis?

Depreciation, cost of cleaning tools/supplies, opportunity cost (what you could be doing instead of cleaning vomit for 2 hours every week, etc)

Not even that user, but there's a reason only immigrants drive Uber (here in cuckanada), and it's because they're too stupid to factor all that in.

There's also the little trouble of insurance if you get in an accident. Have fun being sued by the riders

>get ping
>drive to location
>person doesn't show up
>instant $5

wow $3.37 a hour hour crazy

I'm about to get a car new enough to qualify, and intend on driving uber/lyft just enough to get the sign up bonuses then stop

>Buys a brand new car
>Will allow for stains and farts in their car that aren't there's in a brand new car

The fuck

I've been driving Uber for 2 years and never ever someone has vomited my car. And I drive mostly thu/fri/sat bar closeout surge. I've never smelled someone farting in my car.

>Depreciation
Doesn't really hit you hard or fast enough if you're using a high mpg used econobox like you should be.

>cost of cleaning tools/supplies
You're reaching here senpai. You should already have that shit at home. It's not really going to hurt you to vacuum and buy some brushes and cleaning liquid once a month.

>opportunity cost
It's an easy job that pays a little over minimum wage. Of course you won't be doing it if your time is worth more. I don't even like Uber. I just came in this thread to say the $3/hr figure was retarded. I don't know what it is about Veeky Forums fags that makes them think they're the only who can understand that cars break down and require money to keep running.

>TFW you will never be ubered around in a meticulously maintained W126

I'd pay extra money for the privilege.

Not sure about uber but I did do ubereats for like 5 months before I finally got fed up with it. I honesty do not know how this company justifies the shit that they do. Classic example of corporate greed and everything that is wrong with society today. I cannot wait for the day that cheap ass millennials and niggers finally stop using Uber and this fucking company goes to shit

I did it too. What put you over the edge?

i do hate picking up food from the mall

The fact that the people that use the app are ungrateful, cheap pieces of shit. I was use to doing delivery jobs where I got 3-6 dollar tips and felt like I was actually making a good, positive difference not just in delivering people's food but also helping the business run better. Uber robbed that feeling from me completely. Then there was the location I was doing it in, all the bullshit traffic and braindead morons that act like they've never driven in a city environment before, the parking tickets and then eventually the moving violations I racked up that have now totally fucked my license(I have 8 points now), and the general stress of it all. It felt like I was climbing an uphill mountain that only kept getting higher. Once I started to realize that after gas and other maintenance costs I was making less than 10 an hour that's pretty much sealed it for me. When I got the last ticket I was done with it completely. I haven't worked at all in over two months and I have no idea what job to get at this point. I'm so bitter about the whole experience and it has made me hate people even more than I already did.

Anytime I got one from the mall I canceled that bullshit immediately. Takes WAY too fucking long to get the food, come back and delivery it for it to be worth it at all. For anyone here that's seriously considering doing ubereats my advice is DONT. It's honesty not worth all the bullshit and the pay is nowhere near good enough to justify the physical troll on your car and risk getting a parking ticket or your shit stolen. I remember when other people were telling me how they were doing it and making all this money. Anyone who tells you they're making money doing ubereats is either straight up lying or they know something that I don't know. But it's far more likely to be the former

there should be a separate uber for people that want to be driven in cool cars

Its a pyramid scheme the more idiots they talk into it the more money they get

Rent one people rent their cool cars out

How can you blame your moving violations on others? No one forced you to make dumb moves like that. I understand the parking/no stopping tickets. Sure the more you drive the more you can get those stupid red light camera tickets but again that's on you to be a good driver.

I agree, people going in should understand that they could make less than min wage after taxes (as an independent contractor paying more taxes than someone who is an employee) as well as more frequent oil changes and tire wear. But think about it in this way, driving isn't that hard compared to being a burger flipper. Lunchtime at a burger place can be hectic and trying to memorize all the items on a burger. Driving around listening to your own music, not that stressful. Even if someone is in a rush, they cannot expect you to break laws so it's out of your hands in that way. Probably the biggest worry is people puking which would ruin the day/night for making money but you do get a hefty fee charged on them if they do. The other thing is safety, strangers in the car could pose a risk.

That $3.37 isn't accurate if you live in a larger high traffic city at least not for Lyft.

I used to do Lyft as a side job in Los Angeles. I was averaging $17 per hour after Lyft fees. I'd put in about $17 in gas and drive for 7 hours. I'll admit though you need to live in an area with a big population to make a lot of money doing it though. I'd save about 20% of my money for taxes but the wear on my car and fuel costs allowed my to get most of it back come tax season.

I was in a cheapo Hyundai averaging about 25mpg. Maintenance on Hyundais is dead simple, more so than even recent Honda products. My insurance allows for a ridesharing add on that was an additional $40 per month, so not a very big dent.

If you're doing in it in a cheap easy to maintain car like a Toyota, Honda or Hyundai you definitely can make good money. I was making a lot more than my retail drone friends were at the time with less work. You can always kick shitty passengers out or decline rides if you want too.

Being able to stop and start working literally anytime I wanted was pretty awesome and we could cash out our pay instantly to a debit card. It's a good side gig if you have a job that doesn't offer much overtime or value autonomy.

i drive a 20 year old car but you need a 10 year old car for uber, I wouldn't want to ruin my car if it was under 10 years unless it was a real cheap shitbox.

this guy knows

Depreciation, gas, and business supplies all are taken out of your taxes. Shut the fuck up about things you have no clue about.

Truckers make more than that. You can't find a job that pays that low