I wish these types of trucks were sold in the US. They have small, fuel sipping engines...

I wish these types of trucks were sold in the US. They have small, fuel sipping engines, but can still haul equipment around. What does Veeky Forums think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/car-news/japanese-kei-trucks-are-weird-tinyand-legal-in-the-united-states-264689
youtube.com/watch?v=pAyjsGrIX68
youtube.com/watch?v=t_t2fyUpGNM
pktrucks.com/product/iveco-daily-55-170-euro-6-4x4-chassis-cabin-iv3673/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're too slow and dangerous for modern traffic.

They look too stupid, nobody would buy them.

Sadly this. I live near Toronto and see some chinks driving these around, it takes them forever to get up to speed and are constantly fucking up traffic when they merge onto highways.

not OP but what if I wanted to use it on a farm or on private property. I see dumb asses driving golf carts all over my neighborhood. these would be way more useful.

Something to let the spics fling to, freeing up other cars for us.

I'll allow it.

Then buy a side by side. You can even get them with 5 speed manuals.

I'd love to have one, prefer it to be slightly larger. Closer to a b2000 or so in wheelbase and track width. Emissions and financing has ensured we won't get anything like them here in the US.

I would sooner have one of these, at least they're somewhat safe in a crash, can haul more than 2 people, and I still get the fold-flat box on the rear. That would be so fucking useful for loading/unloading stuff.

It's actually ridiculous how inhibiting modern trucks are when you actually start using them for work. Hauling everything in and out of the back of the bed is retarded when there's an alternative.

well maybe I will look into it.. Thanks friend!

I've seen quite a few in the US used in big yards/commercial use where they don't have to go onto the street

I've seen a few Subaru Sambar on craigslist in the past.

They are sold in the US. Some states will even let you drive them on

autotrader.com/car-news/japanese-kei-trucks-are-weird-tinyand-legal-in-the-united-states-264689
I can confirm that Utah is filthy with kei trucks/vans.

>autotrader.com/car-news/japanese-kei-trucks-are-weird-tinyand-legal-in-the-united-states-264689
I found this ^^ Fuck this state. (((CA)))

There's quite a few Suzuki Carry ads on the Seattle Craigslist just fyi.

They're pretty good in enclosed complexes. I had a job at a Navy Base and these trucks were everywhere, but they only got to drive within the base as they're too pokey for driving on public streets and freeways

They must get them from the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard then, worked there and saw a shitload of those little kei trucks any direction I looked. Only allowed for on-base use, none were street legal.

They're deadly slow, noisy and nasty to drive - you're missing out on nothing.

But they do.they just arent street legal.

These things had a small boom around 2010 here in tacoland. They still sell them but you don't see them so often, they're cute and I guess useful for small businesses within the suburbs.

Actually they are imported, 100% street legal. A lot of import-only businesses have popped up on the west coast and need a better price range in their inventory than a bunch of $30k R32's so they pick up a few $5k kei trucks.

Those are always ratty as shit because the owners don't give a fuck about them. Aways dented, on bald tires, blowing blue smoke, either going too fucking fast or slow, never in between. In my country there's Isuzu ones, Kia and random Chinese ones that are absolute rolling garbage.

They are sold here (used). I have one. I got it from a guy that imports about 20 of them every month. You can get them in good condition for around $5k. They are mainly sold to farmers for off-road use, but they can be registered street legal. They're fun in a city, but you don't want to take them on the highway.

Most fatties just can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=pAyjsGrIX68
youtube.com/watch?v=t_t2fyUpGNM

I drove these small trucks everyday in Korea. They look neat and cute, but they're not worth it. Not at all.

They're just great for actual light hauling activities in the neighborhood. If you're trying to commute with it, don't bother. They are just workhorses.

Thanks.

>that pizza

thanks for the free (you)

There are a bunch in Washington, normally around 5k but I've been seeing them as low as 3k beucase more and more are being imported

Cushman was selling LHD micro trucks/vans for a while.
I think they were re-badged Mitsubishi.

>tfw no Suzuki SJ410K

Those are f* huge.

>Kei car
>fuckhuge

Yep. SJ is enormous. We have things that aren't twenty feet long.

19 hp 2cyl Diesel, shoddily assembled by italians coming though! (slowly)

>Just saw you can order new ones thorugh amazon lel. Not saying you should

the cost difference between OP and what you posted is probably more than you expect.

Those are stupid. I'd rather get a regular half ton with a dropside bed.

I would much rather this in the states, but the price tag would be hefty.

It's not like you can't find that style of bed here

Are you kidding? Those are stupid easy to get.

pktrucks.com/product/iveco-daily-55-170-euro-6-4x4-chassis-cabin-iv3673/

There are enough Indians in New York, they're destroying neighborhoods that were once Italian/Irish and this would be the last piece of their shithole third world puzzle

euro lorries are better than kei trucks