Not trolling but, why does the mustang get shit on so bad?

not trolling but, why does the mustang get shit on so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1997-jaguar-xj6l/6519260702.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the new one with its hideous face lift looks like someone falling asleep

it's better than their fav cars

It used to have a live rear axle, which gave it atrocious handling and a garbage ride. That's a lot better now but it still has American build quality.

Upset about the redesign

>Always a mustang driving over crowds on youtube

Because everyone has one, they aren't unique

What is the best year mustang

Great car, great value. No complaints here

Because it's not as good a track car as a camero, and not as fast a straightliner as a challenger. And Ford won't make up its mind about what it should be and steer it that direction. I like the mustang but it just doesn't compete.

13-14. Easy.

2013 gt500. 2014 v6. 2017 GT, 1986 svo.

>camaro
>good on the track

lol

We can go into a dealership and drive out in a gt series car now? I thought we were talking about cars you can drive and buy.

13-14, peak mustang

Its usually driven by people who aren't used to the power and wreck and crash them. Also they aren't designed well for the power they put down. You're getting a current day motor with a live axle setup like a pickup truck from 60 years ago. The newer ones look ghey AF, anything past about the SN-95 era (the one just after the Fox body) don't even LOOK like a Mustang of any era which is why they make the horsey logo fuck-hueg now

gm fanboi here to say the mustang isnt bad.. my experience has been cars that r thought to typically be shit generally arent.. the demograph of owners r what ruins the namesake.. look at the gm ls elitests.. biggest group of nutswingers on the planet

Anything with a sizable following will attract volatile shitposters looking to anger the followers, really its inevitable. Add brand loyalty and the camero rivalry to the mix and you have a recipe for a grade-A shit blizzard. I guarantee you the majority of the people making Mustang threads own neither a Mustang nor Camero, have never driven one, and are just looking to start the same bullshit thread again. You know these threads, with the same empty head/retarted normie images, the same track time screen shots, etc. This of course is not an accurate gauge of the Mustang in reality, these are the same people saying a rotary performing at the same level of, say, a stock coyote v8, can be just as reliable as said coyote. The reason the Mustang is shit on a lot in Veeky Forums is because Veeky Forums is full of poorfag enthusiasts who conceal their own bitterness and resentment for not having their dream car by attacking other peoples very attainable dream car. Objectively speaking, the mustang is a good car. It has no inherent flaws or defects, it performs its function of being a muscle/sports car hybrid well, and to most people, myself included, its comfortable and fun to drive.

I'm excited for the same test against the carbon fiber Sierra Denali bed.

Its the suspention setups of the previous generations. The solid rear axle and leafs would give unpredicable traction characteristics. When combined with bros whove only driven a 150 hp fwd econobox buying an entry level sports car you have the making of a terrible reputation

results won't matter because denali isn't a work truck, it's a fashun statement

tldr

theyve almost always been slow, had live rear axle for the longest time when Japanese sports cars have been on IRS and overhead cam for over 5 decades, and American build quality

to put it easily how shitty of a car they are, a 1991 Ford Mustang Foxbody 5.0L made only 4hp more than a 1991 Nissan 180sx with a small ass 2.0L 4 banger

>Camero
>ero

any argument of Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger goes out the door when you cant even spell Camaro

IIRC, carbon fiber is stronger than steel.
Am also excited for said tests

Truly phenomenal, get out the crutches for the boostlets, they're gunna need em for a while

but user, the Camaro SS 1LE is faster than a gt350, let alone the ZL1 1le

>to put it easily how shitty of a car they are, a 1991 Ford Mustang Foxbody 5.0L made only 4hp more than a 1991 Nissan 180sx with a small ass 2.0L 4 banger

why do you have to go back 27 years when OP is talking about the current cars?

>the ford box has more motion blur

I wasn't arguing for the Mustang over the Camaro, nor did I even mention a challenger. I was arguing that the Mustang is a good car despite the constant shitposting, and the reason it gets hate on Veeky Forums is because Veeky Forums is full of subjective enthusiasts like yourself who think a spelling error means you don't have to address an argument. At least read and comprehend the full post first, make an effort for once.

because while its pretty good its not as good as people who have driven shit cars and only a mustang think
And those retards tell everyone else to buy it all the time like its gods gift to mankind

It's a meme car at this point. Ford is going down the boring route by not making it more competitive.

And besides, they've made it easier for any idiot to lease or finace one of these things. Almost anyone can go to their local Ferd dealer and just drive one off the lot, go to a car meetup and embarrass themselves by plowing into a crowd because they lack the skill on how to drift.

the new ones are pretty fast
just the way they deliver power is great imo. it has such tall gearing that third gear goes on for years and the power never feels like it will let up. pretty cool feeling 2bh

>It's a meme car at this point. Ford is going down the boring route by not making it more competitive.

At least they're keeping a real V8 in there though and not caving the EPA-cuckery.

still again Mustang are shit even if you want to go new. Mustang until a few years ago were still live rear axle and still have pushrod engines, Skyline have been overhead cam and IRS for 6 decades

>DOHC
>real v8

>v8 is somehow NOT a v8
>Intardasting

dohc aren't real v8
they're low-t 8

Yes, it has two banks of 4 cylinders in a 90 degree v pattern. It is in fact a real v8.

we get it, you're a raging homo desperate to appear masculine by liking what you think your dad would like.

DOHC is just better.

>DOHC is just better.

We've reached peak Veeky Forums

>low-T V8
>has more power/displacement
>revs faster for easier power
>oh no it's larger bawwwwww
like, I like the small block too, but what kind of fucking retarded mexican logic is this

on paper the mustang gt is a pretty good package
>lsd just like on the tofu mobile
>rwd just like on the tofu mobile
>manual just like on the tofu mobile
>solid rear axle just like on the tofu mobile

I don't know what else to tell you user, its a v8. Its ok to not like something, but tricking yourself into believing something other than reality is just delusion.

Yes. An engine that can rev higher is better. An engine that's spinning faster is displacing more air. And you know how it goes

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT
FOR DISPLACEMENT

It's peak Veeky Forums
Guy was posting traps unironically calling other guys low-T for NOT wanting titless roidclit "women?".

Gon' be a little rocky for a bit
>Fugggg :DDD

>THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT
FOR DISPLACEMENT

>weighs 2000lbs more than the tofu mobile

did you know weight matters for going around corners

Mustangs corner just fine brah.
See!
Straight line = corner.
>Checkmate.

This is the picture OP posted, in case you didn't see. The modern mustang thats been out since 2015. Tell us why its bad please.

I like the mustang but I'll wait when Ford releases the next generation not really digging the front end design but at least it has visibility unlike the camaro which was a deal breaker

The gif you posted isn't someone cornering in a mustang, its someone losing control trying to do a burnout.
Cornering=Losing control in a burnout
>Checkmate

>and American build quality
pretty much everything is "American build quality" at the $20-40k price point the Mustang sits between. you're not going to see all that much of a difference between car manufacturers these days, everything is soft plastic and occasional leather that will wobble itself loose in 5 years.

one thing Mustangs dont get enough credit for is that they have proven to be *reliable* cars over the years. that have stuck to the basics and nobody complains about headgasket failures, worn apex seals, flawed electrical systems, glass transmissions or other catastrophic flaws that haunt many other contemporary cars.

before i sold it my old Mustang was 12 years old and in perfect working order; every system and feature worked 100% of the time and the only engine work it ever needed was a new alternator and O2 sensor. no oil leaks, no vacuum leakes, no water pump failures, no transmission slipping, no electrical gremlins in the ECU, no heater core issues, no timing chain issues, no wiring shorts, nothing.

why don't you see more mustang drift cars
like this guy said,
they got a live rear axle and a lsd such that the rear end just does not want to stay still even if you want it to

Skylines have never been in the same class or price bracket as the Mustang, that point is moot.

I agree, the American build quality meme is just that, a meme. Pre 2014 it had some substance, but not anymore.

Go on

Mustangs havnt used live rear axles for 4 years, how is that relevant to cars made in 2018? pretty much every criticism people have brought up in this thread is nullified by the current production model sitting at dealer showrooms right now.

This isn't even an argument, its just an image. I can't read your mind user, if you want to participate in the discussion you have to say something.

I find it kinda sad that they Ford doesnt really compete with anyone anymore. Its exciting to see camaro's absolutely spanking every euro shitbox on the track, its legitimately incredible. Meanwhile mustangs just exist being the same car they've always been. Hasn't really evolved at all, but rather caught up with the rest of the world.
I can only really appreciate the GT350 because it offers muh feels that no other car really can.

Veeky Forumstists can only afford foxbodies and pre pi sn-95

Not sure. The V8s can be had for crazy reasonable prices and they are pretty solid grand touring cars. After market and tuning options are about as robust as the LS. As the S550s get cheaper and cheaper I feel attitudes toward them will change given the ditching of the live rear axle for IRS.

Tell em

>the ford toolbox is fully loaded with tools and 10x the weight of the empty toolbox thrown into the silverado

It doesn't compete in a category it dominates in? Hah, that's right, it's (o) where reality is subjective

>why does the mustang get shit on so bad?
people cant afford the V8 so instead they shit post while waiting for the bus/mom to pick them up.

Can't wait for the repair estimates for carbon fiber beds also.

Ferdlet excusemaking spotted.

Carbon fiber is stronger than steel, steel is stronger than aluminum

The 2018 Mustang GT with the Perf. Pack and the Magnetic Ride, is literally the best car ever made at it's price point.

Veeky Forums is just full of salty, pathetic, broke NEETS, who have to sell their boipussies to come up with $1k to buy a Hyundai, and more successful men make them insanely angry and jealous.

Tell me not to get this 97 mustang for my first car phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1997-jaguar-xj6l/6519260702.html