Ever had that moment when for a second you think "Well this is it. I'm going to crash, no more driving for a while...

Ever had that moment when for a second you think "Well this is it. I'm going to crash, no more driving for a while, bye car" ? And then somehow you're spared from any wreckage.

Yea. Getting into the highway from tight turning onramp in heavy rain i 720d my Miata and thought oh shit this is it but all I did was kiss the guard rail once dagumi style.

I wake up every day like that.

I'm a service tech for ICEE. I just got a 2017 ford transit and I hate the mirrors on the passenger side. I keep thinking each lane change will be the one that makes me hit someone.

Went into a full skid on my motorcycle once in a curve while listening to Forever Young. Had enough time to think in my head "this is a good death, there's no shame in this." Miraculously recovered from it and rode off pretending it didn't happen.

I drifted about 100 yards of offramp once in a 2002 echo and managed to save it all the way till my light kissed the end of the last concrete barrier

Lesson learned, dont drive fast with black ice

I’ve had the moment where you think “this is it,” then stop just in the nick of time and breathe a sigh of relief, then get obliterated from behind by some texting faggot in a jeep

About eight years ago I was driving at like 100 mph because I was a retarded kid. I remember I turned my head right to look at something and then saw a bus right in front of me. Fearing the worst I pressed the breakers like a motherfucker (and a fucking idiot) and the car went into a spinning craze. This happened in a very well congested highway at 8 pm.

My car then shifted to a wall and I thought again "well shit this is it". Miraculously the car stopped right in the middle of the road, cars just passing by, my legs numb and my face as if I just saw a ghost. After five seconds or so I finally snapped out and went to my house.

If I ever have kids I will definitely make sure they understand a car is a really nice tool that should be used correctly.

I wish all the stupid fucking Texas kids that movie to colder states would learn this. Saw one fly off the overpass because he thought his Charger could handle the entire ramp being covered in ice.

Hey, hey, every 10 years or so we get a hard freeze and get icy ramps, don't knock us

>live in Texas
>Two years ago, the roads here froze over real nice
>people fishtailing at ever intersection
>people randomly spinning out in the middle of the road

Fucking lol. I remember that. Watching no-snow SUV drivers try to climb iced over inclines is the shit.

No because i can actually drive.

I hit black ice in the middle of a curve on a two lane highway. It created huge oversteer and I started sliding towards a ravine. I couldn't correct it so I hit the break in the goes I'd spin out into a ditch and live.

The snowbank did no damage to my car.

Nearly wrapped myself around a tree riding on gravel.

Landed less than a metre away from it, got away with some friction burn and gravel rash down the side of the bike.

Had I not slowed down enough I would have either gone around the tree line a scarf or through a wire fence, probably electric.

Don't ride or drive tired.

Last summer, I was driving an aero crown Vic with a friend, and we where going like 60 down a country road. We where coming down a hill when I saw a very sharp turn, and a chevy equinox coming in. I vered into the left side of the road, dodging both the car and a telephone pole, and we fucked up some guys lawn in the process. I thought I completely fucked the front bumper and grill, but when we drove off and got to a gas station, the worst I got was a few barley noticeable scratches

There was the time I spun out on the way to work, and with a little bit of skill and a fuckton of luck, managed to stop myself inches away from the concrete divider.

Based

I know this feel.

yep, was texting and driving, thought i had it all under control because ive been doing it for years. decided to look up again and realised i was heading straight for a fucking lamp post. i didnt even react and just thought "RIP" in my head. totalled the car and woke up like 1 min later. i have no memory of the crash it came to me all a couple of days later.

Now i slap everyone of my friends who text and drive and dont ever do it myself, no exceptions. That was really close to death

Almost rear-ended an SUV today after a whole bunch of drivers got scared in a zipper merge and stopped. I thought "oh I'm going too fast too close, I'm fucked"

I just mashed by brake pedal down and I stopped with plenty of room to spare.
I swear my car went from 40mph to 0 in less than 20 feet of travel.

270 degree on-ramp from 4-lane onto freeway. I'm in my WRX taking it doing about 65, and didn't account for the roads being slightly wet. The car starts to turn wide, I instinctively brake, and start going diagonal.

My first thought was "This is how my dumb ass wrecks a commonly-totaled car." I manage to correct it in time to come to a stop. Shaky nerves for the rest of my hour-long drive.

Git gud tires and don't drive retarded in a car you're still paying for

>road freezes over
>texas
you must live in north texas because i see snow once every gorgillion years

>4th gear pinned across the desert in my vw sandrail
>noon so no shadows
>don't notice a berm someone made out in the middle of fucking nowhere until I hit it
>mfw 3 inches of travel handled a 100ft jump no problem

How did you correct it? With the throttle?