What does Veeky Forums think about stance? Does it help with cornering, or is it just cosmetic?

What does Veeky Forums think about stance? Does it help with cornering, or is it just cosmetic?

>Does it help with cornering, or is it just cosmetic?
Neither

I said cosmetic, not aesthetic

>Does it help with cornering, or is it just cosmetic?
It's both

IE:Something that improves something elses appearance, not what you posted.

slight camber helps, but most visual mods are cosmetic, even if they have a functional purpose because most of these guys never race

Depends.
A car with a ton of camber that is slammed and has stretched tires is going to perform extremely poorly compared to stock.
A car on stiffer lower springs with the right staggered wheel setup is going to handle better than stock.
If your car has a different stance due to performance modification, it will help with cornering, however if you modify your car to follow the "stance" style, you could severely hurt cornering.

it's just a dumb fad
i'm surprised it's lasted this long

It's cancer, and the faggots that like it and do it are equally cancerous.

Seriously, go to a stance meet. Fags, weebs, and skinny jean sagging flat bill wearing vape clouding dudebros as far as the eye can see.

stance is usually practiced by brown people, should tell you enough

unless youre driving a car that youre taking corners at 85+ constantly, negative camber more than slightly above stock won't do anything for you besides stressing the mounts. A tiny bit with larger tires and wheels will help slightly, if any, at lower speeds. Stance started as a style to try to bring a car closer to design drafts and concept, but slowly evolved into cancer. It's not even cosmetic anymore, its just plane retarded. This picture is what the OG idea behind stancing was, kind of.

>tfw no Blastro

Stance started as an evolution of the lowered and stretched tires of touge drifters in japan.

Small amounts of negative camber (generally up to 3 degrees, perhaps 4 in certain cases) may improve cornering depending on various factors, but even within just three degrees more isn't necessarily better all the time. The extreme levels of camber stancefags use definitely do not improve cornering; if anything they make it perform worse on both corners and straights by reducing the car's contact patch size, as well as pointlessly increasing wear on tires, wheels, and suspension (amplified by the low profile tires they end to use).
The same applies to lowering the car: it can potentially improve performance if you understand what you're doing and its effects, but otherwise will do nothing but hurt the car, its performance, and its ride quality, especially when people just cut the springs like the broke retards they are.
>tl;dr
legitimate concepts done by people who don't understand or execute them properly, and take them to such extremes that they make the car perform worse

Veeky Forums is so ignorant on the topic of stance it's best to never ask these tards anything relating to it.

>this racing car has a couple of degrees of camber
>this means that sticking my chinese knockoff wheels out forty degrees is perfectly logical

See what I mean, ignorance. Idiots think stance is only onicamber for some reason.

Rekt

looks awful, will perform worse. suspension only works when it has linear travel.

Your wrong opinion and no one cares

oh god it's this guy again abandon thread

What car do you drive?

go ahead and keep idolizing ruined cars.

Why not, idiots here idolize complete garbage all the time. Stance just requires too much taste for most of Veeky Forums too comprehend.

o shit u right

>The damage is purely cosmetic

I don't think you have a complete grasp of what that word means.

/thread

I found the rick and morty fan

Troll Line:

Everyone above this line has been trolled

More like average carfag intelligence.

Dang stanced cars, wouldn't happen if they weren't stanced.

Stance is 120% gay. It does nothing to enhance handling and in fact REDUCES handling. Not that the swag fuckers that do this shit drive much of anywhere besides parking lots to vape and blow each other. Probably what the tinted windows are for.

That's demon camber eg excessive negative camber to minimize the width of the tire's contact patch to make it easier to lose grip/invoke drifting. The Back To The Future 2/hover car stance you see burgerbros and ricer azns do these days is to mimic the preliminary design drawings of automotive designers who aren't making a drawing that is dimensionally accurate and as such draw slanty wheels on their napkin sketch new car concept drawings.

THIS. The only thing that needs to be ever said about stance

I hope you stab both shocks through your fucking hood you stance faggot

>taste [ ]
>stance [ ]

Pick only one

>people are STILL responding to the successful troll

the absolute state of Veeky Forums

That's not stance retard just because it has negative camber doesn't mean it is even stock factory cars have negative camber btw there are no benefits to it

Sorry but it's still stance.

>No stretch tires
>not lowered to the ground
>no insane amount of negative camber
Sorry but your definition of stance is wrong and by your definition every stock car is a stance car

You don't even know what stance is

>posts a lowered car with a widebody kit
Ok sure thing keep being in denial that's not stance either go google results

>that's not stance

ikr, that's why Stancenation covered it.