How much weight can you really save by stripping your interior...

How much weight can you really save by stripping your interior, and how much gains do you really get in exchange for any and every sense of comfort? Let's say you go all out, Stage 3 weight reduction; no carpet, headliner, door cards, dashboard, just a racing seat, Momo, and custom switches for the dash. That's like 200lbs Max, right? Maybe 300 if you had a hatch back.And I don't know if you've ever tried removing sound deadening material but there's no way it could be worth it.

It isn't.

Road cars should be quiet and comfortable.

What your reason for wanting to remove anything, especially in a street car? Are you doing this strictly to look cool (you probably are lets be honest). Because DDing a car without any creature comforts gets old maybe after a few days. In theory it sounds badass but in practice its all around terrible.

Also to relate to the pic you posted the rollcage probably weighs about the same as all the crap you took out in it. Except it has a use for it just in case you can't in a bad accident.

Weight savings shouldn't be your main concern and removing sound deadening isn't hard at all if you aren't an idiot. Try losing weight first if you're fat.

road cars don't exactly have to be anything but going this extreme on a car mainly for the road is pretty stupid for the most part, esp one that doesn't see any track time.

I bet you could find 500 pounds in today's cars be removing everything.

But you wouldn't want to drive it.

Friend of mine drives a 95 integra with the whole interior stripped, spherical control arm bearings, solid motor mounts. The whole car shakes at 3000 RPM from resonance, music is a non-starter, passengers shut the fuck up, and is generally one step away from being full race car loud. He's been driving it that way for 2 years now.

I mean, it's alright if you want to live the boy racer life. It'd be better if you had a proper engine making the proper noises to go with it.

Music?

He didn't strip the radio and speakers?

No, but door cards are gone. They're kinda just mounted on nothing.

Dashboard is still there. Heater controls be important.

>Let's say you go all out, Stage 3 weight reduction
dumb /v/edditor

>Stage 3 weight reduction
Why does this stage shit exist? It means nothing and makes you look retarded.

>Heater controls
You either live the racer lifestyle or you don’t, there is no in between. If your bitch ass friend isn’t committed enough to wear a coat he is just LARPing.

And what is this shit about passengers? They sit on the bare floor pan?

>How much weight can you really save by stripping your interior,
Depends on the car. S Class? 500+ lbs. Civic? Maybe 100lbs.
>how much gains do you really get in exchange for any and every sense of comfort?
For a street car, none

An actual race car is painful to drive on the street, you won't care how cool you look, it's not fun. A car pretending to be a race car with a stripped interior and not much else done to it is just an embarrassment.

race cars are shit, maybe look into creating a GT car, ultimate luxury, comfort and power delivery without making your car worse by stripping weight.

The only reason I have seen to do it is to offset the roll cage.

>not going to stage 4
Nigga get on my level

>Finnish National Railway Company

shut the fuck up, faggot.

>he doesn't know why heater cores are important for raes cars

I hope you like driving with your windows all fogged up, or getting a wicked amount of drag from having open windows.

>Stage
I want fucking reddit to leave.

>nig with an E30

thats a name i haven't seen in a long, long time

>stage 3
>stahplaughingface.jpg

I post here every now and then lad. I no longer have an E30 but a Civic that daily and an NA Miata.

You can stage 3 right the fuck outta this board

mein neger

I just finished megasquirting mine yesterday. It runs! It finally runs!

>Long, long time
a couple months is a long time?

it's only worth it if you do the QT mod and go stage 3.14

>Stage 3
>Arbitrarily made up term by non-car fag(but muh gran turismo) and posers.
>Performance parts manufacturers take advantage and use this non existant standard to sell to idiots.

You're a moron.

Who else in here is a speedy speedboi?

>he keeps several pounds of hardware when a few grams of dawn would do the same thing
I bet your ‘friend’ still has glass windows. GTFO.

yo.
I daily and race mine 1-3 times a month.
Id rather drive uncomfortable fun car than comfortable comfybarge.
If car isnt exciting to drive it is shit.
I am keeping interior stock since its still expected to carry a passenger.
Mostly bucket seats, roll bar, some speakers removed, no sound deadening, hard suspension, better flowing but loud exaust, pillowball mount hard suspension, lipo battery, chassis stiffening, light wheels

I'm building a sleeper PT cruiser with the SRT 4 motor. The only reason I'm stripping it out is because it won't be Street legal,