When will people realize that laptimes for road cars is pretty much like 100m times for the special olympics?

When will people realize that laptimes for road cars is pretty much like 100m times for the special olympics?
Also when are reviewers going to stop pretending that whatever road car they're driving is actually fast?

>In the email, Hameedi pointed out that the 'Ring is a useful tool in that it allows a wide spectrum of track conditions, but until there is a governed way to record times, there is no way to accurately compare cars head-to-head.
Ford's Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer Jamal Hameedi

This is about how I feel, especially when it comes to the Nurburgring. It's become "the thing" for manufacturers to get fast lap times there, so what they tune and run for an "official" time is a far far cry from anything we can buy. That makes the whole point of it moot.

>Also when are reviewers going to stop pretending that whatever road car they're driving is actually fast?
I assume most reviewers have never driven an actual racecar.

Never. They need people to think "OMG, that car is so amazing", otherwise nobody would watch their reviews. I don't know why regular people care about which supercar is 0.624 seconds faster around the burgerking though, seems like a waste of time to me.

>A race car is that cheap

You know what, I think I know what I'm gonna do after college

Most peoples time is generally quite worthless.

>Ford's Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer Jamal Hameedi

because 0-60 times have become trivial, and no one but rednecks care about 1/4 mile times

so they needed something else to measure performance by

Slalom and lateral g skidpad numbers.

cars from the right aren't about performance, they are about status of a multimil buyer for whom it's just an expensive(most times not) toy

You will spend another 20,000$ a year if you actually wanna race it more than once though. More if you can't store it on private property.

There's a reason people strip old civics and put in race aftermarket parts instead of buying a "purebred"

A huge part of that "status" is the performance numbers m8.

Ironically, straight line accel is where they might have a chance against the kid's race car

No it's not, I know people that have owned supercars in the past. They barely drive them and when they do, they don't even go at the speed limit. They literally buy it just to say they own x car, they take it out of the garage twice a year in a Sunday to park it outside a restaurant so people can take pictures of it and they can feel like a big shot.

People don't use the 100m waterproofing of a Rolex either, it's still part of the rolex status retard

if you can have fun down a B-road and be comfy on a continental road trip, that's all what a car needs, as you can't go faster than 70mph unless in germany, so why have a 200+mph hypercar which makes your arse go dead.

I agree with you generally but
>you can't go faster than 70mph unless in germany
that's just retarded. I regularly go 100mph just driving to/from work since I work odd hours with hardly any traffic

have fun losing your licence, and getting stung by hidden speed cameras

US law is set up so you can't drive that racecar anywhere but a track

If you want a racer you can commute on a motorcycle is your only option besides moving to eurostan so you can enjoy your ariel atom between speed cameras

>You will spend another 20,000$ a year if you actually wanna race it more than once though
What do you mean? Are the registration costs for a season 20k?

I probably imagine it would consist if engine rebuilds, tyres, repairs, travel, storage and whether you have a crew or not.

>f1 is a whole minute faster than 'hypercars'

kek

>as you can't go faster than 70mph unless in Germany

What happens if you ever go over 70mph in any other country? You instantly warp into the German Autobahn?

Shit, I did 120mph on my way back home from a worksite the other day, I might have teleported to Germany while driving!

Ones on the right have air conditioning, a seat for your hooker, headlights to drive the togay at night