How bad are 1.6. NB Miatas? There are literally zero NAs or 1.8s for sale in my country...

How bad are 1.6. NB Miatas? There are literally zero NAs or 1.8s for sale in my country, should I even bother or should I go for a completely different car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're good, the 1.6 revs faster, it's lighter, and the gearing is shorter than the 1.8s so they're about the same off the line, but the 1.8 has more top end and torque. Both are reliable. You can always put a turbo on it if you need more power.

wait a bit longer or look at neighbouring countries.
NBs look like ass

>1.6 NB
I'm sorry that this is even an option for you guys...

Wait what? I thought all NBs were 1.8s, or is that just for America?

Tbh mate you can probably squeeze the same amount of power out of the 1.6 with bolt ons and a tune. If you want power out of a miata you're going to have to turbo it or swap it anyways

However, I think the NB is much prettier than the NA, and the interior is much better, which is what drove me to buy an NB rather than an NA. Mine even has heated seats

it's only 12% difference in displacement my guy
just turn the boost up lmfao

>just bought a 1.8 NA
>saw a NB with a fastback hardtop
>slight feeling of regret

NBs have very similar performance to NAs but they have a better interior so it really just depends what body style you prefer.

You can always sell the car.

All 1.8 have Torsen, in 1.6 it was optional, be sure to check this out, It's the biggest difference imo.
NB looks like a soap dish, but there are tons of cheap options, and for almost nothing you can make it look like baby RX-7

Just dont crash it and in a year you will probably sell it with a profit. NAs are no longer losing on price.

I have 1.6 nb and i love it. Power is not everything, it's an amazing car - it feels and handles like a dream (stiff suspension = amazing precision on the track), you're sitting pretty low, you feel everything that's happening with the car, and it's really light which makes noticeable difference. I'd rather get 1.8 than 1.6, but i definitely wouldn't reject a good 1.6 offer. I really don't think any other car will give you as much good driving feels as mx-5 in this price range, it compromises everything (seats, trunk space, space overall) just so you can feel good every time you drive it. Quality gearbox feel, precise clutch, comfortable pedals, power steering that actually lets you feel the road. NB is also the prettiest, just don't tell anyone, it's like a poor man's jaguar

And you can skid a bit even on open diff if you try hard enough, 110hp is not that bad when your car weights 1000kg. Though for skids i'd rather invest into secondary welded diff or lsd - i think i'm gonna go with the first option soon. Somewhere between multiple sessions of trying to go fast in ordinary way i'm gonna skid the shit out of it on the track, just for fun

>All 1.8 have Torsen

But its my first car

NBs handle better than the NAs, but look worse. the facelift NB looks slightly better but has more rust issues (front chassis rails). the mx5 will be slow whatever engine it has, the selling point on these is handling, and once you go turbo afaik they both top out at about 250hp.
also as said the NBs kind of look like a babby FD with a few cosmetic bits.

is he wrong? afaik lsd was a standard for all 1.8's, it even had different gearing or something

i might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure 1.6 were all without lsd and 1.8 all had lsd, at least nb

>English 1.6 nb's are coming up to £2k
FUCKING LORD

is it bad or good? in my country, equivalent of 2k bongs is right price for working nb in anyhow acceptable condition

eh wait until spring/summer when most people decide to sell, the prices will drop a fair bit. right now its just the "i know wot i got" boomers selling

How can you say that it looks like a baby RX-7

1.8 nb had the torsen as an option it wasn't standard.

Do I really need a roll cage for the fastback kit on an NA?

Do you need your head?

Man, any chance RF's take a huge depreciation in 5 years?

So far this is the most desirable model so i dont think so.

Are NAs much shittier than NBs and NCs? I really want a NA as it's cuter. Money isn't really an issue so could I just buy a NA and fill in with newer shit?

It isnt much shittier. NBs have more problems with rust.
NC is 100% pure gay.

no
it's the best miata
there is a reason why they are more expensive than NB

nb is a better car, na is a better miata, nc is shit.

What about Nb is better?
Thank you for helping to justify my purchase

1.8l , stiffer chassis and slightly more suspension travel.

But doesn't the NA8 have the same 1.8l?

>in my country

Every time you hear someone say this you just know they live in a shithole

There's 1.6 NB in yourop and 1.8 NC.

Drove 1.8 NC and didn't like the engine. Low power is not that much of a problem but it feels kinda rough and doesn't really like to rev.

Never drove NB, only sat once in it and noped the fuck out. Had a feeling that upper edge of windshield would cut the top of my skull clean off in crash.

>1.6

It's fast enough

people crash in diesel peugeots, that doesn't mean diesel peugeot is fast enough. that being said, 1.6 nb does the job, it's not the fastest but revving it up on a twisty road/small track feels good.

Ye you could say that but those headlight make it lose 10 point on a scale of 0 to 10

lets keep it ahunnit

NB's in their stock form are ugly as hell

>I really don't think any other car will give you as much good driving feels as mx-5 in this price range

a mr2 can, especially the third gen

No, the BP4W in the NB uses solid valve lifters, solving the HLA tick issue.

>all of these subhuman headlights

BURN THE HERETIC!

get with the times gramps, even dagumi the second drives modern cars now

BUT CAN HE DO THIS?!

people also do under 10 minutes on the ring in diesel citroens
youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M
3/4 of this board couldn't do that on a crotch rocket