nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Stock Charts:
tradingview.com/

Stock Scanner:
finviz.com

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using stockcharts.com, finviz, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=stock limit order
docs.google.com/document/d/1UbZwL6TW5kGYPzToe1mahEVR-xrhX5spwEdyXCQfxBU
thepatternsite.com/Blog.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FINALLY

reposting my question

Since the markets are closed, what exactly happens if I put out a market buy right now for like 50 shares of something, at the last traded price? Will the transaction happen the instant the bell rings monday morning? Can something happen over the weekend that somehow screws me, or benefits me?

Can i get opinions on DRYS?

Awaiting uvxy suicide watch

You can see the exact moment I listened to Veeky Forums. It's okay, only 1500 down the drain. I'll make it back and then some.

of course you will.

why is that?

Pure, unadulterated, garbage

Look at auspex researchs twitter

?

I hope you boy's loaded AMRS, AMD, PIP, NAKD.
These ticker gonna explode this week.

The biopharma shit maybe but AMD and NAKD are a meme
which stock?
Explain, I've gone in on TVIX the past few weeks

What do you guys think the chance of GLF getting bought out by a competitor is?

It will execute at open and there's no guarantee it will open at the price it last closed.

Shill
AyyMD all the way. This train is going all the way to 2018
>AMD the meme
>maybe ARMS
Remember to ignore this id everyone

Loading up on more CVM lads

>Reddit kids buy things they like since they don't understand the markets
Yes goys, buy AMD, then we can brag on r/gaming about how we saved vidya and get laid

So lets say some big positive news about X company came out over the weekend. On Friday I placed a market buy order for fifty shares at Y price, but come monday morning that buy order is just sitting there because nobody's selling at Y anymore, they're all selling at much higher price Z because after THAT big news what idiot would sell at Y

So the buy order sits there until it expires

Alternatively, the big news was very negative, so new price Z is way lower than my Y, but someone looking to dump their shares asap sees my buy order sitting there and gets decent money, and I get fifty shares that are instantly worth way less than what I paid for them

Am I understanding that right?

yes

UVXY is dependant on volatility, which can be in either direction, not just negative

ANY sort of happening bumps UVXY, right?

its February again

You've lost me
I'm new

There is no price Y if you use a market buy.

If you entered an order to buy a stock at price Y, you would have to use a limit order. In which case, you are correct.

If you just entered a market buy you will get it at whatever price it opens at on Monday and you will not incur any loss or gain until after you acquire the stock regardless of what happens over the weekend.

There's a difference between a market order and limit order. In his first post he mentioned using a market order, but in his second post the example he used was a limit order. There's a big difference.

>which stock?
rate hike, JDST

Ahh okay, thank you.

But what happens in this scenario:
>I've got $150 cash in my Robinhood account
>Apple (for example) closes at $140 on Friday
>I place a market buy for one share over the weekend
>Monday morning it's trading at $151
?

>claiming im from reddit because i invest in a promising tech company that has multiple investors speculating success because of well known product lines hitting the market this year
>buying bio shit not for pump and dump

Found this weekend's bagholder everyone. That, or the baby got a little burned from the ryzen dump.

The order won't execute because you have insufficient funds. Any order you place after close is queued until opening bell.

Perfect explanations, many thanks my man.

It's 3x long volatility. Goes up when vix goes up.

No problem.

Is anyone else expecting a run-up on AMD preceding its listing, followed by a drop on Tuesday?

Could someone please explain when I would want to use the different types of orders (limit, stop loss, stop limit)? I'd be grateful for any help or advice.

Yes.

AMD is so easy to swing trade.

I bought:
RUN
IRDM

How badly did I fuck up?

I wanted to ride the waves and choose profitable companies to be more safe.

my technical analysis hasnt factored in this "listing" but it needs to get footing, since this starts on monday i will say if it doesnt enter sideways chamber on wednday than it will be all uphill from there for aprox couple days

also, watch for URA to go back to its point, all downhill for uranium for now

What do you look for when screening stocks?

$PULM For a quick spike in the morning. Looking for a solid .60 per share. May even into the 7's

Rate my memes:
-ANIK
-CERS
-KTOS
-MACK
-NUGT
-SGMO

lmgtfy.com/?q=stock limit order

i think the markets gonna crash

Reasoning?

Boys buckle up!!! I am giving you money making machine. This is top notch stock to invest. Time period 12-18 month. Return estimation - +400%

AMRS
RNN
PIP
PPHM
OCRX
NAKD

You gotta have patient its the main key in investing. GOOD LUCK!

I can smell your schmarmy hook nose from here, Goldberg

Buy eth

CDR 600 [email protected] (current 5.28)
THLD 1,400 [email protected] (current 0.689)
PTN 3,000 [email protected] (current 0.331)
TGD 4,100 [email protected] (current 0.3715)
FNCX 600 [email protected] (current 0.65)

Let's see how much more I bleed~

MU for 1-3 weeks, 10-20% return

>MU
this

whats the next pimple pick?

>NAKD gonna explode
Not til April buddy

$CTRV famma jamma

docs.google.com/document/d/1UbZwL6TW5kGYPzToe1mahEVR-xrhX5spwEdyXCQfxBU

i cant believe people actually do this... whole portfolio holding memes.

now you're talking. Its the non-meme version of AMD.
I actually made out with NAKD anyway.

PIVX for the last 20 hours, 150% profit

$MACK soon? $MSTX? Any other old memes that are finally gonna pop?

I'm currently large into OPGN, anybody else? ER on 23rd.

Rub my feminine penis, my portfolio will make me rich*

*about 8% by December 31, guaranteed

Power in numbers thing. Better to suffer with everyone else than suffer alone

But mostly its retards whose DD consists of reading stocktwits and whatever nonsense seekingalpha farts out.

think its going to go up for excitement and bomb at the earnings?
Everyone can profit off meme stocks as long as they choose the ones that are mention by people who actually know what they are saying

Porque

NAK and DRYS are both fully diluted, no?

u should only listen to biz if theres a new memecoin, usually it will be worth a hundred bucks eventually

git out troll

ya ur mum

>DRYS
>fully diluted
Never will it be

keep your bags

does anyone here actually know what they are doing anymore? I havent visited this page for months because nobody actually gave good picks

Thoughts on SID?

Yes. Don't buy meme stocks and you're good lmao
What kind of stocks are you into? Like technical or fundamental

I'm all in on tvix.

If there is not crash it's not like I'm losing too much. But the reward is too good to not throw in.

I mainly trade bank stocks and stocks like netflix or whole foods market that have a big range of fluctuation but have a solid 52 week low.
i follow both technical and fundamental analysis.
for cheap biotech stocks i like to buy in before the hype and sell 2-3 days before the news. the issue with Veeky Forums is that everyone only tells you about cheap biotechs when the hype is over and the news is about the come out. and usually the drug turns out to be garbage. I mostly like to hold companies i trust for at least a few months.What are you bought in to and why?

Sounds pretty much like me, though I stay away from big stocks unless I know something is coming up.
You follow anyone for info or just read everywhere? A guy I follow is hyping up PLX and BLRX big time(guy made me something like 28% in one day with CPRX, also previous gains of PPHM with him before)

Uvxy user from Friday here. Glad to have you

What's it all about? I'm too tired to do proper DD of my own. Should I throw a few hundred toward it?

Only if you like to gamble on lottery tickets.

I've never bought one in my life and view those as a waste of time/money(yet my parents still buy them every fucking week, $100 twice a week for like 6years)

You do realize everyone on here that we're doing is gambling too, right?

I do but it's easier to manage your risk. It's not like you're putting in 100 and going to lose it all, if anything you'll probably lose 20% on a bad day.
I hate slot machines but love cards. Huge difference in the way I gamble compared to them

HOW DO I SHORT UBER

Yeah, it's already moving.

Thoughts on SID, AUDC, and FIG?

Gonna get out of the stock game. Realized you can't make much without like 15k invested ... Nonetheless feel pretty good, 30% return

Or you just need to look for things you would call riskier because while it can give you an amazing amount of money in a short amount of time it can also kill your portfolio.
>Had less than you when I started in October
>have 5x you now
You probably won't believe me and that's fine but look into biotech stocks, read all of their shit to see which are shit but look good and which ones are actually good and look shit("under the radar")

Honestly I'm surprised you made that much in under a year, some people here love making 12% a year and think it's the greatest thing ever.

If you want FAST money then look into day trading, Suretrader will look you PTD to your hearts content, as long as you can pay the commision/fees(just learn to short shit and in 2years time you can be in the top 10%, I'm not joking.

CERU mah niggas
Catch the falling knife?

Market correction this week. The big plays are:

UVXY
JNUG

Biotech will likely keep doing its thing, I'm hanging on to PIP for a while.

This nerd has a good blog about his chart analyses:
thepatternsite.com/Blog.html

Check it out, he has just the right amount of autism to make the right call most of the time. His prediction is a return to DOW sub 20k this week followed by a sideways movement, then continued uptrend (measured move up).

The name of the game this week:
Volatility, volatility, volatility. Love and embrace it.

Godspeed, anons.

Yea, I did 22% with commodities within 8 days with 550. But it was too hard for me to keep up and killing all my daytrades and no matter how you look at it if you had more money this would be easier.

any links that can really help?

I'm going to suggest people put in a small position into Micron then sell on Wednesday
Market opens soon.

wtf is that site. should i contact him so i can make it look like it's at least from the 21st century? lol

More money always = more money, starting early will always help grow it. Gotta start somewhere.
For trading on Robinhood, not really. I scan a dozen different ways every single day and mine usually end up paying out good within a week or so(I end up buying stocks that match multiple filters, sometimes it's a bust but profits are always high)

When I first got into trading I was purely going off of companies earnings reports, seeing who had reports for the week then seeing how they appeared to be going and looking at the estimates for EPS, if I felt like it would match or beat it then I'd buy a decent amount and pray the boys on wallstreet didn't catch autism on that day(I swear half of them never actually look into the companies they're investing in)
I'd try to stick around and say things that you or others might not know but I'm a retard who sleeps right before the market opens and wakes up like an hour before it closes most of the time

The layout looks like he made it in 2002 but he knows his shit. I guess he runs it himself. A Web developer he is not

What to watch for this morning boys?

write 10 paragraphs on what you scan out for. im dumb and have written ways people here scan and do see others often ask pls give

ohsht thats the man who wrote charts

CVM will have a green week

There are two on the app. One in all caps that's -5.16%, one lower case that's -11.33%.

Which?

Thanks for the advice. I work a night shift at work so I doubt I'd be able to day trade unless I wanna do Asian market or something.

Also I don't know much about biology so I feel like it wouldn't be a good call... I have an IT degree so I'm gonna try out crypto currency and look at their code to see if it's worthwhile product

DING DING

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Thank you the user that daid NAK was a $2 stock!

Should i cut my loss on MULE?

Sure but I'm not really in the best state to do so and really need sleep, I'll write it up later today and post it here.

I bought a shit load of this last week and do not remember why, I honestly think I sent the buy order out when I was drunk.
in at .1051

They are both connected.

I feel you man, I work the night shift too and really fuck myself up good like this. Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end..
I don't mean as in you have to know how their things exactly work, just seeing pros/cons of a drug and looking into how they advertise/pull in money is good enough(I'd say how I do it but really mine is flawed, still need to work a few things out before I would feel comfortable giving it out, don't want to make people lose money)

any germanons here? Where should I open my portfolio if there's no robinhood? All the banks seem to have lots of hidden costs on their offers

Just cashed in on HP and SLB. HP will beat earnings reports, and currently hedge funds are buying a shitload of SLB. Dont sell until end of April. This shit will go up.

Sell NAK at the bell?

Why not, only going to tank and you know you can buy back in later

Get in $BLRX boyos

Can i get opinions on MULE?

Anyone think DIS gonna go up a decent % because of the beauty and the beast movie?