Ergonomy in 1990s vs 2010s

>ergonomy in 1990s vs 2010s
so THIS is the result of ergonomy improvement over 20 years... woah...

A touchscreen is objectively more versatile than a bunch of buttons and knobs

Ita also considerably more distracting with less haptic feedback.

None of that matters when all cars will drive themselves within the next 20 years or so.

>20 years or so
Yeah and in the 70s they thought we'd be living on the moon by now. Stop overestimating technological progress you dullard.

>using phone which ui you know by heart while driving is bad
>using touchscreen in a fixed place with confusing, slow and unresponsive ui instead few knobs and buttons is GOOD YES VERY GOOD :DDD

i dont understand, honestly

Non-autonomous cars will literally be outlawed within our lifetime. Having a human in control of a huge, two-ton slab of metal, glass and plastic capable of going well over highway speeds is a massive risk and it's baffling that people think this is okay in the first place.

Oh look, it's retarded.

r u the soyim that posted that daily reminder thread ? whats the matter sweetie ? did mommy got ran over ?

to be fair the tesla UI is extremely responsive
still trash compared to physical buttons tho

yeah and how many fucking functionalities do you need while driving?

>shifting goalposts
he said ergonomics not versatility

>Erganomics peaked in the early 2000s

Too many buttons. I want a few knobs and switches

Agreed..

My 2012 Sorento was a big change having a touchscreen radio. I really like that my car still has buttons / knobs for climate control though, I tried a Jeep Cherokee (never again) and I now know why there are so many new features on vehicles (adaptive cruise, auto brake, etc)

Yes, but Very difficult to use while driving compared to buttons or knobs (for the climate control for example)

do you find it hard to cross the road?

good thing my car weighs less than a ton

As someone who has worked in IT maintenance and repair, the concept of a computer operating a car is vastly more terrifying than people operating the car. We're already seeing Autonomous Vehicles crashing into parked objects, and there's a minute fraction of a percent in existence. As soon as we approach 10% saturation, these things are going to get a lot of people killed.

I jack off to this car about 5 times a day.

UI is responsive, minimalism is strong and updates are OTA. Could use a HUD or external monitor functionality.

I like how the car looks, and what it was supposed to be
But that interior looks like shit, and the build quality is atrocious

thats not a good design, its just the lack of it
>You can’t have technology and a good design

You mean jack off in it right? To thicc bitches on /r/gonewild I'll bet.

Hnnnng new audi interior looks sexy af.

Self driving car is the new flying car. You will watch yourself decay waiting on this meme to come to fruition.

going from having to push a button once to having push twice for anything
going from having to look slightly down for information to looking way down right
no more tactile feedback so you HAVE to look
would bring back times mates constantly crashed their cars because they were fucking with the radio

The upper pic has very cozy lighting.

On topic: we are so into technologies nowadays - PC, TV, smartphones, tablets etc. that my eyes fucking hurt. And I already wear glasses. I cant even imagine looking at screen at night. What the fuck were they thinking. We are all going to be blind sometime soon.

I hope niggers invent a new inner city passtime that involves breaking into teslas and smashing the fuck out of the screens just for laughs or stealing the screens like they used to do with radios.

how much longer until it's just VR
you could literally virtually remove the entire car body

Pretty sure you can do it now DIY-way. Put cameras all around car and hook up with VR

Go back to /n/, you're drunk.

sure you could make a prototype but having something comfortable after a few hours is something else. pretty sure on a global scale you'd encounter a lot of friction with the law atm aswell

fuck thats so ergonomic

You shouldn't have to look to turn on your heater change radio stations.
With a fucking tablet controlling everything I have to take my eyes off the road to adjust anything.

What car

This is what the most ergonomic interior looks like

but muh ipad, bro

This, niggs please do gods work

Yeah lots of Teslas parking in the inner city just on the road.

This is peak ergonomy, and if you disagree you're a woman.

Superfluous analog clock in cash.

Door controls and shifter from a late 90s Ford sedan.

Wheel and center console buttons from 10 year old Ford explorer.

>suede
pass
gross

you are all crazy if you think you can improve on perfection.

I’m not sure if the z32 is the best example of ergonomic. It just looks cool asf and has nice gadgets

>window switches require you to dislocate your fingers to operate without twisting your whole arm
>only drivers side window is auto down on an 80k car
>you can’t see the guage pods while driving because the steering wheel is in the way
>steering wheel is not adjustable
>seats have no height adjustment
>handbrake digs into your leg
>Keys stab you in the knee when you hit a bump
>knee can smash the right hand pod when you get our wrong
>getting in and out is a major task
>head hits the rear window in the back seat
>back seat seatbelts cut your head off
>rear seats are buckets but to fit you have to sit across both seats so they are just a hinderence

There is more that I can’t think of right now

>gearshift and armrest positions are god tier

Tesla has to be stopped

>Non-autonomous cars will literally be outlawed within our lifetime.
They'll probably be limited to the track, and they will probably keep non-autonomous motorbikes legal

You'll have to pry my car from your cold, dead body.

That's why you work in IT maintenance and repair.

lots of eariler 90's cars didnt't. My 92 LS400 only has auto down on the driver. That was about 20k more than the z32 before inflation

An ls400 was 100k ameribucks?

>implying all cars are following the Tesla shit design

Yeah. But if you don't have anything useful to say, fuck off.

You know it to be true, guys. Just give it up. Your shitboxes are as good as gone.

Cite your sources peasant

An xbox controller has more versatility than a steering wheel but you don't see companies putting them in their cars.

I don't know what Fords you were driving 10 years ago, but Genesis cars are a mile above actual 10 year old Fords

I actually fell for the meme and went to sit in one of these things and honestly the interior felt cheap and tacky and that digital tachometer made me want to vomit.

>sitting in a base model and not a GT with the leather interior

>GT
Nigger I could almost get an Si for that price.

all mazdas feel tacky anons

>IT
You literally could've said AI, or literally anything else, but instead you went with "I fix printers and reset passwords"

SIs don't get 40+ mpg on regular. The new ones aren't even naturally aspirated anymore, and next year Mazda3s will be supercharged so even the 1.5L turbo chugging premium to make 200hp won't have much of an edge over the new 2L base model 3s making close to 190bhp and getting well over 45mpg

So do you have any examples of "feeling tacky" or are you just gonna spout buzz words?

Mazdas have the best interiors in their class

The entire thing. Literally all of it.

>This is peak ergonomy,
that car is unbelievably uncomfortable. A 4'3 lady boy would call it cramped in there.

Maybe for you.

I don't have any problems with touchscreens.

Bruh they do have height adjustment.. I have it in mine. JDM spec 1990

t. Mazda rep

Buzz words, got it

This is generation z, gentlemen. We're doomed.

Such a stupid gimmick with these huge displays. The GPS shows you the entire suburb while driving, and for some reason they think you care to see the album art of the song playing while driving

German luxury brand copies kids who put led strips behind their “battlestations”

>menu cycles you have to stare at instead of knobs you can find without looking away from the road
>fingerprints
>glare
>"more versatile"

Just admit you're a gadgetfag; there's nothing "versatile" about a touchscreen when it comes to operating a machine.

Holy shit bruh I just had a look and found it
>it’s already set as low as it can go

Fuck

Jesus the 90's were an ugly cluttered sack of shit.

Had S350 till recently that had key/jogdial navi/control center instead of touchscreen.

It's special level of misery, never bothered using that shit, it was much faster and easier to use phone.

it looks sleek and futureistic and all but god that must be horrible to use, imagine having to look at the screen the whole time your trying to change the volume, whereas in an "old fashioned" car you almost need a split second glance and you can just feel the buttons and operate the radio without even having to look away from the road at all

I swear most people against touch screens are mentally handicapped. It's not that hard to remember where to press.

>ignition key in the center console
MUH DIK

I will admit, unless youre under 6.3, and under like 90kgs, the Z wasnt designed for you. Its tight as hell and im skinny asf with my head nearly touching the T Top panel

I’m 6’1” and 80kg, and I would still like the seat lower. I think it’s more about preference anyway, the z being a US market car was always going to be bigger than the other jap sports cars. The Z is the only car in our crew that my 6’6” flatmate can drive comfortably

Step back peasants

I like e30s, but I hate e30 m3s. The two doors just looks wrong on any bimmer, and four cylinders on a car that could come with six made no sense at all

E34/39 a best

Ah so youre a kiwi too? Also, 6.6? How?? Im 6.2 with seat all the way down and my head still touches the ttop

Yeah man if you live in Auckland you might see one of those two piles of shit around. And idk how, his one has a low ass bucket seat but he can drive mine fine. Head barely touches the roof

He would get decapitated if he tried to use the sun visor tho

Post ur z

Christchurch :( our roads make Z's feel like theyre trying to channel Michael J fox as its spirit animal. On my phone, ill post after work

Well it's a race car so they prioritized balance, hence the 4 cylinder that makes more power than the 6.

I just recently test drove a 6 speed 540i e39, it was really nice but it needed 3 window regulators.

SAMEFAGGING this hard

>he doesn’t have pics of his car on his phone

Lamoing @ ur life

>mfw diversity hires and reappropriation of resources to welfare programs will ruin the progress of automation industry the same way they ruined the space program, thus securing the existence of manually driven cars and a future for Veeky Forums shitposting.

Bus rider : the post.

Ok Satan

That pic you posted looks nice, probably because it doesn’t have those silly m3 fender flares. Also probably because it looks like an e34.

Yeah straight sixes are dumb all things considered but if I was buying an old bimmer it wouldn’t be for competitiveness anyway. Unless it was turbo

Saab ergonomics are GOAT. feels like you're piloting a spaceship

>all those tiny little buttons

what a shitshow

Whatever you say pal.

if you're going to be super vague and nondescript, don't expect to be taken seriously

buttons on that screen are pretty normal sized..

Agreed, the m3 bodywork really needs the livery.

The big sixes are what make e30s cool though imo, hands down cutest muscle car.

Do you expect me to go into immaculate detail on every piece and tell you what sucks and what doesnn't?
it would be like
>This part it sucks
and then you
>lol no it doesn't
and me
>fuck you nigger
so what's the point?

>tfw you'd rather be inside a Mazda than a nu-Audi

Based interior, coming through.