OK guys now ETH is soon at 50 $ again. I am curious when was the first post about Ethereum here?...

OK guys now ETH is soon at 50 $ again. I am curious when was the first post about Ethereum here?? Did someone here posted it while ICO(initial coin offering) ??, I can remember the first post around end of 2015 when price was around 1$, and i waited to buy myself in after new years for 5-15 when it already pumped. Just wanted so say thank you :) you made me lot of $$ but i will sell if it hits 1000. In 3 years . So this here made me more then working . Good stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG3WMaWwJig
bitbay.market/
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BAY
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.4020
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post lambo

ETH will never be worth $1000 in your life time..

There is 100 million ETH.

Unlock the secrets behind all crypto memes:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG3WMaWwJig

He posted the youtube video again, the absolute mad man

no problem mate. I'm still here. I watch Veeky Forums every day.

I'm glad that some people did listen. over christmas 2015 I had just been to that conference in paris about Ethereum and a friend gave me a weed vapouriser and strong Hash oil. so for those 4 weeks over december and january I just used to post about ETH non stop here on Veeky Forums getting high as fuck all night and stay up and argue with people about ethereum.

looks like it paid off for some people.

well thats funny

Cheers

I was kind of late, buying in at 13€, but made 250% profit

Not going to buy in again tho.
There are better alternatives for now

Christmas 2015, I remember seeing "Ask the world's first ethereum millionaire" thread. Researched it for a week and bought it shortly after.

Sigh...

*sigh*

It was probably me back in early February when I found out and started going hard on the eth memes. cuz I thought we'd all get rich and really fck sht up.

How did you fuck up? The price has exploded since Feb...

I mean I wanted to see this whole board start talking about how they made some nice returns with eth and/or become holders for the moon. I been through the swings that are gut wrenching so I'm just gonna hold for now unless there's a giant dip that means there'll be a giant upswing. I think the btc hardfork will bring that dip since just talk about it made a recent dip.

Ethereum was posted when it was around $2 a coin

It was shilled to fuck even back at the ico and i wrote it off as a meme with fancy buzzwords because nobody could explain what it really was other than some shit about smart contracts,i was too caught up in my bitcoin gains to give it a serious look,i still dont own 1 ether.

it is about smart contracts and totally different to btc

that's like comparing a nokia3310 to an iphone.

eth is going to reach 100 until the end of march

BTC+eth martket cap is about 45 billion dolars.
World currency capitalization is 65 trillion.
If i remmember correctely a big boss in bitcoin said he thinks bitcoin will be woth 500k-1mil in 10 years.
Well, that means rougly 25% of worldwide currency capitalization in 10 years.
This is definately possible.
If crypto is on the way to becomeing the defacto currency type to be used around the qorld the question only remains if Bitcoin is gonna be the biggest coin...

If ETH grows as well and only remains 1/5 of bitcoin cap it will still be worth tens of thousands of contemporary dollars.
Again ETH market cap is about 4 billion..roughly 25% of bitcoin market cap.

I still dont understand why the world needs smart contracts though

Dunno, ask microsoft and sheit

It allows for complete transparency and certainty.

For instance, in online gambling, you used to have to trust that the website owners coded the game fairly. Even if they posted the code, they had the power to change it on you without you knowing. With Ethereum, you can see the code of the contract you're interacting with, and that code cannot be changed by anyone, not even the creator of the contract.

The same is true for all kinds of other uses. You can see the rules of the interaction and you know they will not change.

WHY DO PEOPLE SAY THIS, THERE ISN'T THAT MANY ETH IN EXISTENCE THERE WILL BE BUT NOT UNTIL THE YEAR 2150 SO IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER REEEEEEEEEEE

To piggyback here, that transparency also means that there will be more accurate data that will allow businesses to reduce their overhead and costs. That's why JP Morgan Chase and international logistics companies are interested.

Are you literally retarded? You think Bitcoin will account for 25% of transactions in the world?

While the bitcoin guy certainly didn't have rival coins in mind, I think it's entirely possible regarding the digitalisation of our world.

For example, my grandma from a shithole within the EU has to pay a ridiculously high fee for a simple bank transfer, so high that Western Union with it's highly Jewish €8 fee is cheaper.

I did some research and there is no single bank in that shithole which doesn't have ridiculously high fees.

Once there's a simple way to use coins that my grandma could manage as well, those transfers will be done in coins since it's incredibly cheaper.

The problem is 99% of the world doesn't know what bitcoin is and even less people understand it's potential as currency.

Cash is cash, not hard to understand.

I'm talking about transferring money from one country to another here, not really related to cash.

If there is a somewhat easy way which allows funds to get transferred with next to no fees, people will choose that way. €8 fees for a transfer of €100 is outrageous to say the least.

Cash is useful because of its utility and quickness. Crypto will fulfill that roll for many people withon the decade in many first and third world countries.

In 10 years? Possible.
think about internet in 1989 and internet in 1999.Could take more, could take 20 years.

>tfw want to buy ETH
>mfw I won't have any money for ETH until next July

This maybe the only way for me to actually make decent enough returns to live comfortably in this 3rd world shithole but damn 1 ETH is worth 800 of my local currency atm and that's almost 1/3 of my monthly salary.

What do you guys do for monthly returns on your ETH? Day trading crypto-currency? I'm don't really understand all the intricacies of Ethereum.

>What do you guys do for monthly returns on your ETH? Day trading crypto-currency? I'm don't really understand all the intricacies of Ethereum.

I've invested €100 two weeks ago and now I have €250. Such cases.

cash will be removed in 10/20 years

also
>complaining about something being too complicated and how 99% don't know about it instead of seeing the unique opportunity

this is why you are poor

ETH is inflationary, BTC makes more sense to hold long term

I'm not complaining about it, I'm just stating that if people don't understand it, they're less inclined to have interest in it.

I agree, even transferring money from one of my banks to another taking at least 1 business day is ridiculous.

Did you sell all your ETH? Do you have faith in its growth or is this it and all these people are shills?

>ETH is inflationary

nod really, look at the 'inflation chart', will be 110 mil coins by 2500 or sth.

>Did you sell all your ETH?
no, I didn't withdraw any money

>Do you have faith in its growth or is this it and all these people are shills?

It looks promising but I've only invested what I can afford to lose, pumping €100 more into it tomorrow I guess but that'll be it.

ITs a deflating inflation..The early addition of ETH is a stable number which means that every year the inflation of the currency goes down. I.e. the inflation of ETH is striving towards zero.

Got 90 ETH

bitbay.market/

saw etherium posted here, at $1 wanted in didn't know how to buy etherium. 2017 bought none uugh

Same here senpai, wanted to buy 2000 at a dollar and long term hold but instead used btc to buy drugs. All them wasted memebux

don't worry bro. just buy BitBay at 0.2 Cents. it's less than a QUARTER OF A CENT!

>look:

bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BAY

>website:
bitbay.market/

>bitcointalk ANN thread:
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.4020

> we mainstream nao
> next stop 100

I first heard of bitcoin when a friend of mine who was into folding at home and SETI at home and he was going to look into mining coins. This was when they were a few dollars and I had literally no idea about most of this shit.

Didn't think of them again until they were 600AUD and rose to 700AUD and I wanted to buy them "when they fell back below 700" which never happened, now everytime I see their price I kick myself a little.

The current dip they are going through now could be a good time to buy though.

This. I started seeing it shilled here around Dec 2015. That's when i first tried buying/mining some, when it was around ~$2

OC Coming through.

yeah I was only in grade 11 and was too dumb to know how to buy in I really wanted to but got bogged down with school and forgot about it
BitBay okay I'm interested where do I get a wallet and the exchange is bitterex, you pretty sure it'll blow up. thanks in advance user
Yeah man :( I was so upset when i seen etherium going up and I didn't know how to buy when it was was liek !.5 AUD I fucking knew it was the next bitcoin so much hope but i am so bad, this guys ---- says bitbay is coming up next :)

Thanks for the tip senpai

ETH shills were posting strong here during the ICO. I watched their videos, but they didn't convince me, so I didn't buy any on ICO (price was like 2000ETH/BTC and continuously dropping to exactly 1337ETH/BTC)

Then later I bought like 7000ETH for around 3.2$ and sold them when they were like 7$.