Been shopping around for a 2nd car and am interested in a Miata. Unfortunately all the owners want too much for them...

Been shopping around for a 2nd car and am interested in a Miata. Unfortunately all the owners want too much for them. Are there any other alternatives to a MIATA?

I'm looking for something fun to drive and also looks cool/cute. I'm not gay by the way.

Want something for about $2,500.

There are the newer miatas, a toyota mr2? a used gt86?

civic del sol

what's the honda model equivalent?

This guy has it right. A gt86 will be a bit expensive though

You can get a good high mileage miata for $2500, just be patient and keep looking.

>a toyota mr2
closest one is 119 miles away

>gt86
$22,000

Also, if I did find any MR2s in my city on craigslist, most likely they'd be riced out.

>del sol
closest one is 100+ miles out

Life sucks anons

Some guy from craigslist just told me $3800 for his 1993 Miata. Apparently has had a lot of work done and has receipts since he bought it from the dealer. I still think $4,000 is a lot of money for a 25 year old car.

Are these

There is no exact equivalent because

1. The Honda Beat at the cheapest go for $5k+ and @ that price you can get a Miata.
2. The Honda S2000 is pretty much the better/upgraded version of the Miata that is also way more expensive.
3. The Honda Del Sol was the actual competitor to the NA/1st gen Miata when they both came out except the Miata actually has the huge aftermarket support now and is still being used by people all around the world. unlike the shitty Del Sol which is usually driven by straight up ricers.

save up more money and spend at the most $3500 on a miata

None of those cars are even for sale within 100 miles of my city (OP) so I couldn't even buy one if I wanted. I guess that's why Miata owners are charging a tax.

Z3
-can be i6 engine
-not gay
-3 series aftermarket support
-not gay

where the fuck do you live?

If I were you i'd move. Sounds like you live in a flyover state user.

this is the worst take. a Z3 is pigfat, expensive to repair, hard to work on and unreliable.

There is no Z3 spec racing for a reason.

I live in one of the top 25 largest cities in the US.

I also don't like the Z3. Looks weird. And BMWs are stupidly expensive to maintain.

Why does Veeky Forums love Miata's so much?

well-rounded and not overpriced

>I live in one of the top 25 largest cities in the US.
Why are you afraid to mention the name of the city.

Aint nobody is trying to come for you buddy. I live in Connecticut. While it isn't the best state for car enthusiast, I can easily find almost any sports car.

its not Veeky Forums but its a lot of car enthusiasts. Especially ones that maybe don't exactly have enough money to buy and race a 911 or shit even a cayman/boxster.

BRZ

Just get a del slow

cheapest fun car that won't fall apart immediately
also we r le gay

I bought my manual Miata for $1500. Only issue was the right front spring was fucked but that was a cheap easy fix. Now I daily it

Join a miata group on facebook ("Miata parts for sale" is a good, active one), they go on sale all the time for around that price. 2500 is enough to get a running, decent shape miata.

forgot pic

only good thing about del sol is that its a honda and has an extremely overengineered roof

Affordable and easy to mod

>cheap
>rwd
>light
>good enough power to weight ratio for twisties
>easy to mod to get more power
>easy to repair
>meme 90s styling
>cute
>convertible
>pop ups
>huge aftermarket