Is there any real reason not to live out of an econoline in college?

Is there any real reason not to live out of an econoline in college?

A good sleep without having to worry about other fuckwits sounds boss as fuck.
Slap a couple 6v batteries and solar in there - good to go.

>unironically wanting to never get laid

NO

>implying college girls dont want to fuck some weirdo in a van

If I had a camper van in high school I would have gotten laid 10 times more. I kept getting cockblocked by parents.

you'd still get laid bro

Not only you will get laid, you will get laid somewhere secluded and probably scenic.
Unless you get sub-zero temps, no. Can't beat warmth of central heating in the winter, though.

Depends on where you live, how much shit you own, and how much of a hipster you are..

Winter (in an actual 'winter' state.. you know snow, ice... etc. )would probably suck ass in one of those unless you have a small space heater / electrical plugin,

Considering I live in CA and hope to transfer to Oregon and/or Washington, I'm actually interested in something like this. I haven't done much research because my current job prevents me. I also don't know what to do about showering and such

>I live in CA and hope to transfer to Oregon and/or Washington
Why would you do that?

Please stay in California thanks

Because I hate myself

No it's too warm and I'm tired of hearing everyone talk about how great places like San Francisco or LA are

Coastal California isn't even that warm. Where are you, Palm Springs or something?

Far from all that actually, I'm in the valley near Modesto

Why not go to one of California's many coastal schools? Are you getting a better deal going up to the Pacific Northwest or something?

Bump, I’m considering making a similar rig in a Chevy Astro

Part of it is the useless degree I'm getting (music). The schools with good teachers in my current focus are more in socal and the cost of going there is staggering. It'll come down to what's cheaper and who is willing to give me more money. The location is more preference, not really a requirement.

I’m gonna live out of a van during the 7 week summer session at my collage, just gotta get one first, any tips (I’m in Idaho) (rexburg)

>I'm in the valley near Modesto
Yeah the central valley is basically hell. Oregon is nice but if you're going to college, in state tuition is much cheaper. You could look into CSU Humboldt for the northwestern experience. It's hippie central but nobody will think twice about you living in a van.

Also op you should YouTube van life, interesting videos

its not normal and all the kids i see at colleges are normal as fuck

livin in hippie humbolt is almost the same as living in hippie oregon. same mountainous surfer forest region

get out of the central valley, everyone down there sucks and so do their additudes

Fucking normies get outttt REEEEEEEE

Op here,
I live and go to school in north Georgia with all kinds of mountains and shit with a bunch of granolas so getting laid wouldn't be hard.
It rarely gets below 20 in the winter up here so that's good to know.
Only real thing to figure out is what to do with my car.

>Trying to keep a very small space that you live in from smelling
>Not having the convenience to shower or wash clothes easily (you have to shower at a gym and wash clothes at a pleb-o-mat)
>How will you cook
>You may have a lot of money to buy stuff (from not having rent) but you can't buy stuff because there's nowhere to put it
>Can't own a lot of clothes either, will be wearing the same things a lot
>Adverse weather (cold or hot) is now your mortal enemy
>Never getting laid

I've considered it. I think rent and mortgage costs are getting out of hand and more people are considering it, but the realistic drawbacks outweigh the pros (unless you're legitimately poor). A better option is an RV where you actually have a stove, fridge, sink, shower, and toilet.

-60°F winter's, that's it

>Come back from class
>Your van is gone
>Someone stole your house
>You are now homeless and without transportation

Yes - shit buckets

>You may have a lot of money to buy stuff (from not having rent) but you can't buy stuff because there's nowhere to put it

What the fuck is a bank?

Don't go to school in a third world area?

You say shit buckets, I say home defense system.

He doesn’t mean the money you dumbshit

>Cali
>too warm
Definitely stay out of texas too while you're at it

>what are 1oz gold bars hidden in the seats

kek

Don't go to school for something that won't pay the bills. I started out as a music major and switched to Computer Science, and I am so glad I did. Student loan payments are no fucking joke.

> in college?

Hope it's a trade school

honestly wouldn't be a terrible idea for me.

I live in a house and get a rent allowance each month, any surplus of which goes straight to me as profit. I would save crazy money living in a van since I don't even have furniture anyway

Fuck you stay out of Seattle