HOBBIES AS DONE BY POORFAGS AND RICHFAGS

Poorfag works on his own car
>Hahaha too fucking poor to pay a shop to do it

Richfag works on his car
>Wow! What a hard-working down-to-earth guy who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty

>Poor fag works on his own 1994 Toyota Tercel
>Rich fag works on his own Maserati

Deal with it.

>buying a maserati
oy vey

What a terrible idea and intro for a thread, what the fuck were you hoping for? My dude, think about ending yourself.

try Veeky Forums

>working on your own Maserati

Jesus it's like you want it to be worthless

Because its impossible for a Maserati to be such a small percentage of someones money it doesn't fucking matter whether or not its worthless, right?

stop being poor

This literally is not how it works. Fixing cars will get you admiration either way.

I honestly don't get how buying luxury items makes you "poor" when you can easily afford them. Dropping 100k on a car when you have an assload of disposable income? Poor? lol.

This is how poor people think

No, it's that Maseratis are built to specifications with such small margins of error that working on it yourself will undoubtedly break it, making it worthless.

How you thought that poster meant something otherwise is fucking hilarious.

So Bill Gates dumping 200 grand on a Porsche makes him a poorfag? I don't get it.

Yes I'm poor myself but I'm not that retarded

Most people who buy Porsche's aren't Bill Gates and therefore shouldn't buy a Porsche

Yeah you're right, it is retarded but I don't get the argument that someone buying a nice car or other item automatically makes them poor.

Really? So if you're worth $25 million and you dump 100k (read 0.4%) of your net worth on something you want, you're an idiot?

Here's the speedy jogup
- A porsche can drive
- A Hondai can drive
- A Hondai maybe sets you back $20,000

You aren't worth 25 million
People who are worth 25 milion don't get there by getting wet at the thought of wasting 100k on a car

>Hondai

Confirmed retard.

You're right, I'm not worth $25 million nor do I give a fuck about a Porsche. You're completely missing the point I'm trying to make. If you still don't get what I'm trying to say I don't think anyone can help you.

not an argument
I understand your point
But the point is that most people who purchase luxury vehicles finance high interest on debt and wage c u c c themselves.

Here's my point
>purchase a used car for a few grand
>lasts maybe 5 years
>purchase new hondai for 10-20
>pay off within 3 years maybe 300 monthly payment
>Car lasts another 10-30 years
>can now pay 1-2 a month to own property
In comparison
>c u c c yourself for porsche
>100k negative equity
>pay $1000 a month for 10 years or gets repossessed

Maybe Bill Gates has a porsche. Warren Buffett drives a used car from 2001

You're right. Most people who do are retards because of they can't afford them.

I just don't get how someone who is rich and dumps a small fraction of their money on something they want makes them stupid. If you're making 45k a year and are leasing a BMW of course you're a retard. But I don't think a guy bringing in $5 million/year who wants a Bentley is stupid.

>Poor guy buys McDonald's
Wow what a retard he probably thinks it's cheaper than cooking his own meals.

>Rich guy buys McDonald's
Wow he's probably so wealthy because he knows how to save money and isn't buying $28 packs of steak.

The point he's making is that very often those Bentleys aren't bought by 5m/yr crowd. Instead it's the barely-above-100k retard paying to roleplay as a 5m/yr businessman.

>he still doesn't know both depreciation and financing costs are 100% deductible business expenses
>he still hasn't figured out that rich people own businesses that deduct financed cars
>he may never figure out that buying cars and deducting them could actually make a person rich rather than the opposite
lol Veeky Forums

Tell me more about this

>roleplay as a 5m/yr businessman.
as long as they're writing it off 100% in the first year of purchase and then deducting the cost of the loan and operating expenses,
who gives a fuck how much they make?
their business buys them a free Bentley, what does yours buy you?

business expenses are tax deductible.

meaning if I put $100k in my pocket I pay $40k of that directly to the IRS and only get $60k.

If I instead buy a $100k car for my business I pay no taxes on that money, and in fact get to write it off my taxes along with all the expenses of operating it, including the cost of the loan. And once my business is done with it I can transfer it to my personal ownership without any fuss and with a minimum of taxes. As often as I like.

ask your accountant.

Would it be hard to start a business for the sole purpose of tax write offs? At what point would the IRS question my business? I've always been curious about this and if it's feasible for someone like me (of middle income) to do

Yes this would be considered tax fraud
And I'm not sure if this is a good idea because even if it is theoretically legal your corporation will not be considered legally valid because you are intermixing corporate and personal assets, same if you just used your banking checking account for your personal $

frugalcuck cope

Thanks for not making me say it.

Thumbs are tired from battling eth shill 24/7....