Why do boomers like new mustangs, challengers, corvettes, etc?

Why do boomers like new mustangs, challengers, corvettes, etc?

The only thing they have in common with the original ones are the company and name.

It's literally a totally different car and they willingly fall for the marketing

They like big comfy RWD V8's because that's what they grew up with. They're what's left if you want something like that unless you go down the European road of misery.

Maybe they just like fast cars in their price range. What else would they buy?

Because the suspension and seats make them feel comfortable, being fat boomer shits?

if you want a stylish fast car that is also affordable then you look at pony cars. fast jap cars are either not stylish or very expensive. european cars are either cheap turds are ludicrously overpriced or ugly. and they do capture a lot of the visuals and spirit of the original mustang/challenger/etc. they're not meant to be 1:1 recreations.

>name
This is what they like

Fuck mustangs man, fuck any Ford in general.

But that gt350 hnnng, id fuck with that, unreliable engine but beautiful on a windy road.
Fuck the challenger.
I’m kind of into the corvette, especially the supposed mid engine coming out.

i find it VERY hard to believe that there's no demand for a compact powerful coupe that doesn't roll like a fat cow, even if the car industry is obsessed with sucking the last penny of boomer retirement savings

They buy them because this simple fact nobody want to admit: american sports cars are an amazing value. Japs dont have the cheap power, euros will assrape you for not only the price of the car but also parts and maintenance. American cars have lots of power at a very affordable price and the aftermarket is very generous for these cars so parts are cheap and readily available. Thats why people buy them

Spot on

The 70s muscle cars had very attractive styling, big engines, tires etc.

The new ones are improved in most ways, and more powerful, while they do borrow from the older bodystyle's looks.
(The 2005 mustang yes, the current one no)

Really a "Make it kinda like that old one I liked, only with the new stuff" vehicle.

TLDR: Goodlooking vehicle (not all the buyers are old, lads), power, aftermarket.

Because classic muscle cars are actually take a bit of work to drive, especially if you have a bad back, hip, knee, shoulder, etc.
Nu Muscle cars tickle their nostalgia taint but are more comfy and less effort to drive.

I love my modern Camaro because yeah, cheap power, comfy, like how it looks, parts and repairs are dirt cheap. If you want 400+ horsepower in a euro car you're going to pay out your ass for the car and repairs. Like I love the BMW M4, but the latest gen camaro ss is a third the price on the used market, and it's faster, and cheaper to repair. Also it even won a head to head with the M4. Like why would I pay 60k for a worse performance car when i can buy a gently used MK 6 Camaro SS for like 26k.

To be fair the chevy engine hasnt really changed.

why would they midengine the vette? They already pushed the motor back further and iirc its a rear transaxle for better weight distribution.

modern vettes are around 50:50 right?

rear weight bias is better for dat corner exit and corvettes are engineered for track performance now

>Based

What kind of wheels/tires you running user?
Like em?

Because Boomers are fucking low IQ retards who fall for every Jewish scheme imaginable including Christianity.

Personally, I look forward to the Boomers inevitably running out of money and being shoved into the worst nursing homes on the planet where they are abused day and night by the negro and Mexican caretakers.

It will be a glorious end to their useless lives.

>i find it VERY hard to believe that there's no demand for a compact powerful coupe that doesn't roll like a fat cow

They tried that: it was called the BRZ/FRS. The boxer engine can make 450HP easy.

And all the NEETS, benchracers, and poorfags couldn't come up with $250 a month to buy them. Instead they are all sitting around waiting to buy one of the few handful that sold new after it's beat to fucking death; and then they'll complain that it's hooned to shit and barely functions.

If I ran a car company I wouldn't make a fucking thing for the "enthusiast" crowd. They can go fuck themselves.

The Toyobaru twins sold like hotcakes. You don't know what you're talking about.

>i'm an edgy athiest btw

>200hp engine can easily make 450hp
The absolute delusion

The bra/frs are slow, ugly, and it's embarrassing to own a jap car.

I meant an american type vehicle
I own an fr-s and love it

>450 hp easy
Comfirmed 12 year old. You're not squeezing even 3/4 of that power out of a boxer without some very major, expensive modifications.
>t. WRX owner who has sunk 3x the price of the car into engine mods.

Like the focus than with Ford Fiesta ST? While the average age of a new Fiesta
buyer is 45 years old, the average age of a Fiesta ST customer is a good 10 years younger. Buyers of
Ford Focus follow the same pattern; the average age of a regular Focus buyer is 46, while the Focus
RS customer is 41 on average and the Focus ST buyer is 36. Fusion customers are 48 on average,
while Fusion Sport buyers are an average 45 years old. d. While household income for the
average Fiesta buyer is $59,000, for Fiesta ST, that figure jumps to $102,000. The average Focus
buyer has a household income of $63,000, while Focus ST and Focus RS customers show markedly
higher household incomes – on average, $108,000 and $169,000, respectively. the EcoBoost
Mustang has a younger buyer on average (41 years old) compared to non-EcoBoost Mustangs (44
years old).

I mean, making that kind of power is sort of easy but making that power and not blowing up isn't lol

Breaking: [Generation] likes music/cars/art style/clothes that were popular when they were in their formative years.

>like these ugly 3500 lb. toddler shoe cars
no
not like those
cars that don't fake practicality so that the buyer can convince the stupid cunt that doles out sex

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

can you read it?

>Ton of mods
>310hp at the crank, including "5hp per sticker" math
>Factory warranty long gone
>"Simple mods"
>Cost more than the car itself
>"Stance" included in mods

>Road of misery
>Everyone wants European cars

When will Ameritards learn