What's a good car for a young, successful career woman?

What's a good car for a young, successful career woman?

Thought about a Porsche Macan (which she can easily afford), but the Porsche name might have too much of a stigma.

Some shitty overpriced crossover that can't actually go off-road.

V6 convertible Mustang.

Obviously you'd recommend something else, let's hear it.

Is it weird that I consider the BMW roadsters more commenly woman’s cars than miatas?

This. Definitely where i live, but most of the time, its younger, trashier women driving these or gross hambeasts.

Looks too masculine.

What does she likes and what does she needs?
Seriously, these threads are stupid.

Just post any car you think would suit a young, successful career woman.

BMW 4 series.

Lexus ES
Reliable
Cheap maintenance
Classy styling

>BMW
Nah.

>Lexus
Those grilles are atrocious.

Do you mean genuinely? Probably a hatchback if you do the care about having a status symbol, and probably a cheap coupe or a whatever a Porsche Panamera is if you do. I'd recommend the Mazda3 as a hatchback, but there are other routes to go down too

Do the world a favor and just use Uber.

why don't you let your young, successful career woman have a word in this?

get a kitchen on wheels.

Not sure what you mean, she has 100% say in this; it's her decision.
I just want to give her some more options.

A Delorean, so once you hit 88mph you'll go back in time and correct the grievous mistake you made leaving the kitchen.

writes an entire brand off on grille design..

autism

When they're this fucking ugly, that is totally reasonable.

That grille design permeates the entire lineup, including the proposed ES.
And yes, it's very reasonable to dismiss an entire line of cars based on a single "love it or hate it" glaring design element.

okay, cool. consider an alfa romeo stelvio or any volvo up to the xc60. avoid cliché shit like those mini cars.

with that logic all brands arent worth consideration lol..

ftr.. i hate the design too but that doesnt make the brand automatically crap.. lexus now vs 10 yrs ago is considerably better lookin.. minus the grille.. plus reliability is right there with thd best of japan.. js

perfect young female professional car is whatever the lady wants bcuz yes dear

Fully loaded Buick encore

Crossovers were.never advertised as offroadsters. They're slow raises hatchbacks that make women feel safer. They're meant to have awd, a hatch for groceries, slow with good road traction in snow, affordable, and with food safety ratings. Which is why the Buick encore is literally, unironically, the perfect vehicle for women of any age.

No. Everyone knows Miatas are for homosexuals. Moreover no self respecting woman wants to drive some cheap ass japanese econobox Mazda. And Miatas generally are too cute. Women love masculinity and aggressiveness.

*Good safety ratings

>alfa romeo stelvio
A few people we know had alfas and they started falling apart after three years.

>any volvo up to the xc60
Only one she kinda likes is the xc60, and it's a fine car.
But then it's the same price as the Macan and she likes the design on that one a lot more.
But then the Macan has that 'Porsche' stigma, and she doesn't want to rub people she deals with professionally the wrong way.

>with that logic all brands arent worth consideration lol..
Not many brands have a design element as glaring as the Lexus grille.

And I agree on the brand being fantastic; all indications say the build quality is amazing.

Put another axle and a steering wheel on this.

YOU CAN GET A FULLY LOADED BUIXK ENCORE WITH AWD AND EVERY SAFETY SENSOR ON THE MARKET PLUS A MOONROOF FOR UNDER 30K AT YOUR DEALER

THERE IS NO OTHER CAR FOR WOMEN

HIGH ROAD CLEARANCE
SAFE
ROOMY
COMFY
GREAT GAS MILEAGE (LIKE 26 CITY, 33 HIGHWAY)

"I AM A WOMEN WITH SOME CASH FOR A CAR" ---> Buick Encore in whatever cute color you like

Literally no excuse. It is designed from the ground up to keep your vagina safe and comfortable m

>Literally no excuse.
We're in Europe though, lol.

Actually, if there were a quick&painless way to import one, it would be fun due to the uniqueness factor.
Though the design is kind of a dog.

a lightly used economy sedan that gets good mileage

It's actually sold in Europe as the Opel Mokka. Would be similar, not sure what Opel does for the interior or safety features but it's mostly the same.

Why would there be a "Porsche stigma"? What field is she in?

Also where in Europa do you live?

Your post made me cringe so hard I got chills.
>Hey guys I'm a white collar girl, help me pick a status symbol to reinforce the thin veneer of identity by which I define myself... I can't do it on my own because I overvalue other people's perception of me...
Sickening.

...Imagine, if you can, doing something you enjoy... Simply because you enjoy it, and for no other reason...

I wonder if everything in your life is this hollow... Actually... I don't.

Not him but that's even better, you can buy Opel Mokkas with LPG equipment straight out of the factory. That makes it twice as economical.

>Why would there be a "Porsche stigma"?
Some people think brands like Porsche, Rolex, etc. are for snobs and such. Even though they make a good product.

>What field is she in?
Design

>Also where in Europa do you live?
France.

Beetle convertible

newer alfas don't deserve their predecessors' rep. don't rule them out.

if you're willing to spend that much, more subtle cars in the macan ballpark are the audi a5 and audi q5 (almost the same car as the macan). jaguar f-pace fits the bill but jaguars ain't exactly humble. merc and bmw are lame.

i like infinitis (q50, q60, qx50) but they're an acquired taste. the DS line has some nice and eclectic cars like the DS5 but i guess that's too cheap for you.

stelvio and giulia just might be your best picks.

She deals with tons of people for her work; from factory workers to rich-ass CEOs.
Her car has to have the right image if she wants to work well with all of them.

get the new peugeot 508

What kind of a shithole company does she work for where she doesn't have a work car?

A whole bunch.

Hey now, they just revealed this like a day ago didn't they?
If it's cool enough to transcend the Peugeot reputation, then it might be a contender.

>newer alfas don't deserve their predecessors' rep. don't rule them out.
Well this was like more than 6 years ago. Did they up their game in the meantime?
Those Alfas do look good.

She should get a job at a respectable company if she's serious about her career.

>Her car has to have the right image if she wants to work well with all of them.
Oh my fucking god you actually believe this...
Are you comfy in your self-imposed cage?
>Don't play the "I'm asking for a friend" narrative, we all know the car is for you.

You have so much room to do whatever the fuck you want and still check the "acceptable" box for both groups of people. It doesn't leave anything like the impression you think it does.

Well you mention she works with both the top and bottom of the food chain.
I don't think it really matters, cause higherups are Gonna drive Porsches themselves, and lower class wont pick a designer to do their office or whatever based on whatever car she drives. So just go with what gives the best value for money and that she likes imo

skoda karoq and kodiaq have a humble worksmanship feel to them if that is important in client relationships, and as usual they have the supersolid VAG build without costing as much as VWs or audis.

peugeot are now aiming to move their brand up.

Ok, so basically if she needs a good car that will also leave a good impression on people without looking tacky or cocky, just buy a Volvo XC60

It's about finding a balance between "nice enough to show you're successful and have authority" and "humble enough not to spark jealousy and sabotage".
Trust me when I say there are anecdotes. People are extremely petty sometimes.

KIA Cadenza
Hyundai Genesis
Mazda 6/CX-5/Miata
Toyota RAV4
Nissan Maxima

For Euro-brands
DS5/DS7/Peugoet 3008 (French reliability tho)
Lotus Elise
BMW Z4/M2
Volvo S60
Mini/Jag F-type/ E-pace (Quinessentially British reliability)
Bentley (If you are swimming in cash)

Buick LaCrosse

Well I agree.
But then for the same price she could get the Macan, whose looks she likes a lot better. And frankly I think Porsches tend to be built better than Volvos, too.

Get an Infinity or Acura because it's entry level luxury but luxury enough for the CEOs

>And frankly I think Porsches tend to be built better than Volvos, too.
porsche is VAG now. it's all the same.

Id say 308 sw maybe in the GT trim
Drove one today, just fantastic.
You cant argue with the value of new peugeots.
The new C klass i drove afterwards just disappointed me.
Way more expensive and didnt even have a reverse drive camera and not even folding mirrors.

MERCI TWINGO

GLE-X6-R8

Well just don't buy a Bentley with the flashiest interior possible and i think you should be fine

who in the fuck would recommend a god damn bentley to a twenty something designer

any white Mercedes Suv that isn't a gwagon.

If only classic cars like that were reliable for everyday use.

They look so laughably bad compared to the competition. It’s a shame.

It really isn’t.

Optioned out Camry or Accord.

I applaud Lexus for being bold, they need it.
They're pretty close to a winning design too.

1000% this. Automatic, of course.

But they are. At least in my experience.

Do you work on them yourself?

>form over function

americans are truly stupid.

The form is the function when a Stacy like OP is buying a car for a status symbol.

What do you mean by that? Are modern cars easier to work with?

>Women love masculinity and aggressiveness.
lmao

Yes, but that's not what makes it reliable.
I can't make major repairs on the side of the road with no shop and no equipment... But I never need to.
Seeing problems early and fixing things before they let go is what makes them reliable.
That, and keeping things clean, corrosion free, and sticking to the maintenance schedule...
You don't have to actually do your own work for any of that, but you have to be able to do it to understand...

>Are modern cars easier to work with?
No, but since they're newer they wouldn't break down and/or require replacement parts as much.

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

Well it's probably your preventive TLC that keeps them reliable on the road.

I'm only changing the air filters and light bulbs myself. For the oil and other filter changes I go to the service. The clutch is slipping so will go for that soon. Other than that there hasn't been any issues in almost 3 years I have the car.
Maintain it properly and regularly, and the well built car will last forever.

Lel, its Opel Mokka in Europe you dumb roastie

lol. i guess that explains all the women driving 500s, nuBugs and NC Miats...

kys LCfag, no one likes you

The Buick still isn't available in Europe.

you need to be 18+ to post here

OP just get a volvo or a lexus
if the people she's working with don't know a lot about cars they won't care for the ugly grill on the lexus, they'll just see the badge and go "ooooo"

user, rich-ass CEO's know she's just some poorfag broad that's never going to dent their net worth, so she's already just some street urchin, comparatively, anyway.

They just want her to do whatever task is delegated to her, they don't care about her enough to form an opinion based on which car she drives. They don't even think about her once their eyes aren't on her. If she gets some tryhard mobile, they might actually find it kind of pathetic

>career woman
What a waste of a life.
Wasting her best breeding years just to work for 'the man' who they hate so much.

you tell em boi

>successful person
>driving a buick

L
M
A
O

That kind of person wouldn't be on this board.

Hyundai Sonata, its the ultimate mom car.

I drive a Hyundai Sonata and I'm a guy in his 20s, but only because it's a 12-year-old hand-me-down that's increasingly worthless in the used market.

Ideally she would work for one of her sisterhood compatriots. You know, another woman.

Who would lord over her and use passive aggressive workplace bullying to shun her and wreck her mental health, because she's slightly thinner or prettier or smarter.

t. someone who works in an office with 3/4 female """"""leadership""""""

It's no wonder the company is starting to fail and everyone is miserable.

Boxster or Cayman.

Should be raising a family and being a figure in her community. Far more rewarding for her, her children, and her husband.

Golf GTI, if she's got more money then an Audi A4

The entire point of a luxury car is conspicuous consumption and to demonstrate wealth, of course they value form over function you stupid fuck

Americans truly are retarded then.