Muh power

>muh power
is this the ultimate call of the drivelet? that he can't go fast without his 400HP barge?

Driving a heavy+400hp car is different kind of fun than a light car with 100-200hp.

Yeah because driving a heavy car with lots of power requires actual driving skill whereas any kid can hop in a miata and 10/10 it all day. Something that's like 400hp/3500lbs will get you killed even at 6/10 if you aren't careful.

>400hp
>powerful
user, pls. we do things differently in the land of the free. also, dont forget about muh torques

Though I can guess why, is that why so many car crashes in old steel cars were fatal?
Weight+Inertia=kill , I assume.

Would that also contribute to the fact that older cars are nowhere near as safe as modern cars in the way cars crumble, plus the weight behind them.

Because old cars had fucking shit for safety. The cabin was the crumple zone. Nothing to do with weight or power in the slightest. You're more likely to survive a crash at 100mph in a 2018 Mustang GT than you would a crash at 50mph in a 1974 Pinto.

Ford Pintos had a manufacturers problem though. The car would literally catch on fire.

More weight improves survival in most crash scenarios. It just makes you more likely to crash in the first place unless you have great tyres and brakes, whereas light cars easily respond to inputs.

Would you most likely survive if your ass got t-boned in a 80's german tank of a car or t-boned in a 20xx econocar.

is 400hp on car good?

cuz 200kilo bikes with 180hp is considered good

t. bikefag

Back to your containment thread, meatbag

It depends. In most cars it's pretty above good, but in the heaviest of trucks it's just what's necessary.

Irrelevant. Average vehicle weight has gone up, average vehicle power has gone up, and average speed limits have home up, and fatalities have still gone down and it's all to vehicle safety standards.

20xx econocar no question

Mfw light car with 430hp

yeah but I've put enough work into my classic that If I crash I wanna go with it. If i kill the car its taking me with.

I'm not talking about safety features fucking brainlet moron.

ur gay macka

YOU HAVE INERTIA.

Aheavier car doesn't meanjack shit if +10 g's make it beyond a crumple zone.

Every has side curtain airbags withTAS precision.

>Yeah because playing billiards with your fingertips requires actual pool skill whereas any kid can grab a pool cue and 10/10 it all day.
This is what you sound like. Yeah jerking off with your elbows is way harder too, want some kind of retard olympics award for it?

I'm gonna jerk my dick off using your tight asshole if you don't fuck off

>*gets overtaken on the toe gay by a stock 86*
>*proceeds to spam Veeky Forums with "BRZ/86 a shit" threads*
OP, I think you have found the reasoning behind the amerilard shitposting problem.

If Fernando Alonso is a drivelet, sure.

>comparing competitive racing with the finest of margins with amateur racing
the best and cheapest way to go fast for the vast majority is by becoming a better driver

yes

>implying 200 hp isnt enough
>putting hp mods above weight reduction or better tires
>modding lower cylinder cars rather than just owning higher cylinder cars then complains about hp

pic related is what they drive

Lower weight + better handling > power

Skill>handling>power

I have beaten newer cars with over double my horsepower and far grippier tires just by knowing how to take a corner. Numbers mean absolutely nothing in a real race.

>I do not use my vehicle for productivity at all
>I don’t enjoy getting 20+ mpg at 80 I’m the highway

yes

>displacelet miata-driver spotted
>"but muh lightweight!"
>0-60 slower than the speed of smell

>worse is better

>this is what poorfags actually think

Yes.
Can you blame them? They do drag pulls against suvs off red lights thinking they're hot shit.
Straight lines never made for good drivers.

>being assmade he got btfo by a miat in twisties

actually sorry, you've never turned a single corner fast in your entire life

>driving my friends tuned subie
>on straight empty road with no cops descide to see what speed is about
>end up at 230kph on 2 lane unlit backroad
>feel nothing

>get in my mr2 and go turn some corners at a race
>insane adrenaline rush and excitement

power is for faglords who are afraid of corners

>kmph
Into the trash it goes.

>beat by 10seconds to get to muh twisties in the actual racing that never happens because street racing is illegal
>"b..bub.but I-I-I can turn faster, my car is 2000lbs"
>muh 2000lbs
>Heavier cars can still turn, and additionally, accelerate to meaningful speed
>Minor handling supremacy =/= racing that isn't entirely drifting

your busrider is showing

Your "real race" presumably being a track day. Track days are a Disney theme park ride imitation of racing.

Miata apologists, the crossfitters of driving.

>not having 400hp Swedish wagon
Comes in two sizes, V60 and V90.

how much a day do they pay you for shilling chinese cars on Veeky Forums?

Actually more people died because steel bodied vehicles dont absorb the impact or crumple at all so all the energy of the impact is transferred to the driver and passengers. This is also why there are more whiplash case and more people found outside the vehicle after a crash.
Also the lack of seatbelts and front row bench seats.