Why is it so difficult for Veeky Forums to understand that people want manual cars because they’re more fun...

Why is it so difficult for Veeky Forums to understand that people want manual cars because they’re more fun? Is it because everyone here is a bench racer? Or is it just autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VYr0F5By6EQ
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off old man

patrician's choice coming through

Because there are tons of people here who don't even have a license, have never driven a manual before, or get all their knowledge of cars from video games

Stop making this dumb fucking thread over and over you cunt

Honest answer

Most people that haven't drove a Manual are scared if it

I like it on my weekend driver but for day to day in traffic I prefer my auto economic. Only valid argument is "it's fun" which is fine but modern automatics are faster then I'll ever be on a stick

I need a manual because my shitbox needs to be wrung out to get any power from it, which is fun. I think it's made me a better driver in the process.

>fun
I find it less fun.

Did people get angry when spark advance levers were removed from cars too? what about manual chokes? Were those "fun"?

I don't see why manuals are different that those.

TFW he uses ABS to brake.
TFW he drives a car with an ECU.
TFW he doesn't manually crank his car to start it.

Two are just inconveniences. One is an inconvenience that is integral to the driving experience itself.

Most of the people here are timid little skinny boys who probably break out into sweat whenever they do anything labor related. Automatics rule the day here.

couldn't have said it better myself.

You will never understand manual unless you drive a sporty car with it for at least a month. You will never want to go back unless you live where there's a lot of traffic

Everyone besides my father (taught me to drive) I mention that I don't know/understand automatics and they scare me laughs at me and tells me to put it in drive and drive. But like how do I climb/ start on hills, how do I roll start from a flat battery, how do I overtake grannies or how do I Break without break pads.

>Pic is my tofu

/thetruth

Best we got since daily maunal threads are gone

I wish to have an FR-S with no abs brakes. Learn some real braking

Traffic volume and commute times play a huge, unspoken role in th3se debates.

>Break without break pads.
>he breaks into corners xD

why the fuck do y'all care so much about a transmission choice. you faggots scream about this shit all day on Veeky Forums and wonder why you're shunned by society

MANUAL FOR THE WIN! FUCK YEAH LIKE HAVING SEX WITH YOUR CAR

AUTO FAGS KEKED BY A COMPUTER! LOL

these look like hot garbage and I see them in every single "Pep Boys Speed Shop special" boomer mobile. I'd rather have a Hurst quarter stick or a Winters

>y’all
you have to go back faggot

If my car had the stick replaced with paddles, and a big button on the dash that switched between auto and manual where the latter wouldn't override my fucking gear choice, I wouldn't mind too much. Unfortunately most automatically are fucking awful.

Are you using a keyboard to input characters or writing out this text by hand?

it's the dispute topic of choice of this board.
This exists on literally any board of Veeky Forums
on /v/ it's console vs PC, on /a/ it's sub vs dub, on /pol/ it's muricans vs europoors and here it is manual vs automatic.
Accept it.

Dubbed voice acting can be pretty shit, either because the translation is spotty or the actors sound like they're just reading lines. Hell even video games can have shit dialogue from American makers as I recall, some VAs just don't give a fuck and it shows.

>i am brain dead: the post

Can you drift a dual clutch?

How about a cvt?

I know it's impossibru in an automatic..

t. automatic driver

Are you using a keyboard or a microphone with voice-to-text?
What's wrong, does the automatic voice-to-text not always create text the way you want it?

Yeah. Just have enough power and anything will drift.

People who can't or are afraid to drive manual are like people who haven't/can't (or are afraid to) had/have sex.

>dude brah its so ez just do it lol
>who cares if you mess up lol :^)
>dude brah just DO IT lol who cares lmao just find a car and drive it lmao :^))))

>meanwhile IRL you need to find someone who'll let you beat their clutch plate & flywheel up a little bit for an afternoon or two
>meanwhile IRL you need to find someone who'll look past your acne scars and bad-breath-that-comes-back-20-minutes-after-brushing long enough to let you stick the ponus in the vegana

:^)

Seems like a distraction from fun.
t. American

youtu.be/VYr0F5By6EQ

Exactly the same, I'm from the UK so only driven one automatic for work briefly and constantly fucked it up. I change gears without thinking about it now and it's handy being able to be in high gear if you have snow or just highest gear possible to keep revs down, lower gear on hill etc

You don't know fun, mate. Automatics have no business on ice.

>Doesn't have an automatic with a selector.
Nope. Why not have the best of both worlds?

I like automatic so I can hold my gf's hand while I drive.

If you can't hold hands while driving manual, you are the gf.

>he think you have to constantly keep heind on stick
Ask me how I know you don't really drive MT

I like holding her hand for the whole journey during traffic. In manual you'd be taking your hand out of her hand once very intersection at least. That's too much.

>politely requesting the car to shift to the next gear please
kek

because automatic is faster. stay mad

>his gf doesn't put her hand over his when his hand is on the shifter
dump the bitch

Because only 10% of Veeky Forums (generous estimate) actually drive and own a vehicle

Automatics don't have to worry about that stuff. The second you take your foot off the brake the car starts moving. When you accelerate the car shifts, if you push down on the gas pedal hard the car will understand you want to go faster and down shift. Don't think you can push start an automatic though.

I've driven both, but all my cars have been manual. Automatics are nice in shit like family vans, but even with a job where I'm driving around the city constantly I love my manual.
Tl;dr don't bother with automatics unless you're driving something like a van.

>bad-breath-that-comes-back-20-minutes-after-brushing
go to the dentist you have something wrong

>go to the dentist you have something wrong
thats just not in the financial cards right now

>holding hands
What are you fucking fifteen? My gf stays the fuck in her own god damn seat minding her own god damn business when I whip the car around with precision only dreamed by the autocucks. She's lucky she gets to ride shotgun, fuck, she's lucky she doesn't get to go into the trunk, fuck, she's lucky I don't make her take her own car. Me driving is our foreplay, does your gf not get wet after being in the car with you? Oh yeah, ofcourse she doesn't, you drive a car with the soyboi of transmissions. After I'm done riding the fuck out of my car, I can focus on her riding my dick. Holding hands fucking gay too, fag. Take the bus, you can make her sit on your lap, fucking queer.

you got tonsil stones faggot

I got more oral health problems than just that, Dr. Fucker, D.D.S

>Not demanding it shift withing a reasonable and safe range.

>sex with your car
>I love jerking off my shit box

Gay sex, maybe.

You severely underestimate the number of people who just enjoy fucking with other people from behind their computer, especially on Veeky Forums.

>requesting your car to "stay safe bb"
>not forcibly over revving from 4th to 1st because you want to flex your triceps

>Molesting and abusing your car because you can.

>fucking up an automatic
brits confirmed literal retards

>how do I climb/start on hills
you take your foot off the brakes
>how do i push start
you can't really, that's the biggest downside.
>how do I overtake
you put your foot to the floor and it should change down, or you use sport mode/selective gearing if it has it.
>how do I brake without brake bads
you can force it into a low gear for SOME engine braking. it's not as much as a manual, but its better than nothing. you are the prime example of even a fucking retard can learn to drive manual.

>you are the prime example of even a fucking retard can learn to drive manual.
I must be legally retarded then because im not him but I still can't do hillstarts or downshifts smoothly

hillstarts are easy.
foot on the brake and on the clutch. quickly move foot to accelerator and gun it, whilst simultaneously dumping the clutch.

its because the internet is overloaded with retarded burgers that are scared of anything more complicated than putshing a single button, look at the massive pushes for self driving cars (and other moron proof tech) they are making.

i mean just look at their 2 most popular types of racing, drag racing, push the go button till you reach the end then push the stop button, nascar, push the go button and turn left.
americans dont like fun or challenge

>he doesn't know NASCAR uses manual transmission
10/10 bait, guaranteed replies

I don't know my dude. I have driven autos before like the company van. Dad's vet and my boss's Landrover. And holly shit, I was struggling I found autos are not responsive to sudden decisions like crusing in 4th then wanting 2ed to commit. Waiting 3 seconds for the torque converter under pressure is scarry shit when in manual I can down shift in like way quicker in advance.
I've failed hillstarts because again the car just can't take the incline. And for me driving manuals are second nature to me so with autos I mistake the broke for a clutch.

>the natural order

The difference is that it is fun and those things were not. That's why manuals are still around.

>I know it's impossibru in an automatic..
>impossibru

>knows whats up

I've never been able to understand how to drive a manual. I understand the general concept. Shifting the gears is obvious to me and I understand that part of it.

What I don't understand is how to properly use the clutch. I can usually start a manual and get it into first gear, but I have great difficulty doing so without stalling the vehicle. It's been explained to me that you need to release the clutch with the same amount of pressure that you apply to the gas pedal, at the same time. I'm a very uncoordinated individual and I've never been able to grasp this concept in a physical way.

Then again I've only driven a manual a handful of times

>mfw I want to buy a new Tacoma in a year but the base model 5 speed got discontinued and all of the new ones still on lots will likely be gone by the time I'm ready to buy.